(our) Magnificent Seven..an OG start

chara

23 hours ago, JaneB said:

Welcome back @Tarvas @jasonband @FrankLampard8

I get ridiculously excited when I see more regulars returning.  This time last week we were in a very uncertain place but now look at us!!!

So (for starters), Asvaberg, Sleeping Dave, Martin and Kratos....are you out there?

I don't feel I really left, just that it looked liked the site was down or removed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

From memory we're missing Martin from regular contributors.  Anyone in contact with him? 

Sadly no ☹️ The same with Asvaberg, Sleeping Dave and Kratos, not to mention……well I won’t add any more atm.

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Thought I would pick an approriate avatar.

My smile adding to the welcome from those other reprobates...a voice of wisdom and common sense to offset the misbehavior of certain other posters!

(You know who you are!)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JaneB said:

Sadly no ☹️ The same with Asvaberg, Sleeping Dave and Kratos, not to mention……well I won’t add any more atm.

Asvaberg recently joined the shed end. Maybe someone could contact him via a PM.

19 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Hi everyone. I most certainly don't belong in this thread, but the introduce yourself one is locked.

Long time reader, thought this was as good a time as any to start contributing as I realised how much I missed it when it was down.

I'm a Hearts fan first and foremost born and raised in Edinburgh but took a shine to Chelsea in true glory hunter fashion as a nipper after winning 50p off my Dad betting on us in the '97 cup final. Now live in England and the love has only grown over the years, particularly during the Romanov and Abramovich early days as there were a lot of parallels (sadly both ending in chaos but for differing reasons).

Probably won't be a regular poster but I'll pop up on the Match Threads now and again but wanted to say Hi, and thanks to those of you who rescued the site.

P.s sorry for the essay ^^^

Welcome @ChelseaJambo  Our 50th member.  Nice to have you back.  

Do you mind me asking what your former username was?  I don't recall @ChelseaJambo

9 hours ago, ROTG said:

Asvaberg recently joined the shed end. Maybe someone could contact him via a PM.

This is so frustrating!!!  I really want Asvaberg back here!!!

As I've said before, I joined The Shed End just to contact our members who I saw on there but you have to post several times before you can pm anyone.

And then that isn't straightforward.  I believe @DannyLBgot banned for doing so although I thought pm's were private, that's the whole point.  

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

As I've said before, I joined The Shed End just to contact our members who I saw on there but you have to post several times before you can pm anyone.

And then that isn't straightforward.  I believe @DannyLBgot banned for doing so although I thought pm's were private, that's the whole point.  

PM's are private to a point. It's not uncommon for admin, or even mods in some cases, to have visibility. I've been part of other communities where this has been the case. As a regular member you still need to be mindful of what you send. Generally this sort of thing isn't disclosed to members. 

4 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

PM's are private to a point. It's not uncommon for admin, or even mods in some cases, to have visibility. I've been part of other communities where this has been the case. As a regular member you still need to be mindful of what you send. Generally this sort of thing isn't disclosed to members. 

Oh goodness, thanks for the info.  As far as I know us mods don't have access to private messages on here nor would I want it.

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Oh goodness, thanks for the info.  As far as I know us mods don't have access to private messages on here nor would I want it.

Correct, we aren’t able to see anybody else’s messages and as you say, I wouldn’t want to either.

@ChelseaJamboWelcome, great to have another member! Also, thanks for pointing out the new members thread was locked, I hadn’t noticed… sorted now!

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Welcome @ChelseaJambo  Our 50th member.  Nice to have you back.  

Do you mind me asking what your former username was?  I don't recall @ChelseaJambo

I wasn't a registered user, just read/browsed as a guest 👍

18 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Correct, we aren’t able to see anybody else’s messages and as you say, I wouldn’t want to either.

@ChelseaJamboWelcome, great to have another member! Also, thanks for pointing out the new members thread was locked, I hadn’t noticed… sorted now!

Cheers, thanks for having me!

• Like 1

On 29/01/2023 at 11:39, JaneB said:

I doubt they could see them. He might have been reported if he was spamming links in messages to people. I'm on the shed end, so I can message him if you wanted. He won't report me though if I do will he?

Is it the same username there?