(our) Magnificent Seven..an OG start

chara

3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Welcome back HM, so pleased you found us.

We’ve had a bit of discussion on here about some of our regulars who would appear to be on TSE, Jangz, KennyPaul, Backbiter and Asvaberg who is a very regular poster and must be wondering wherever we have gone.

Concern was expressed that admin on there can read pm’s and might ban anyone who tries to redirect a member to our new site.

From what you say this hopefully isn’t the case so anything you could do would be gratefully appreciated, if you’re happy to do so. Thank you.

I very much doubt the mods there can read a PM (most forum software is designed by 3rd parties, and very few offer the option for such a facility). I suspect that whoever it was who got their forum privileges restricted or received a ban did so for posting in an open thread contrary to T&Cs that preclude the promotion of rival forums.

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I very much doubt the mods there can read a PM (most forum software is designed by 3rd parties, and very few offer the option for such a facility). I suspect that whoever it was who got their forum privileges restricted or received a ban did so for posting in an open thread contrary to T&Cs that preclude the promotion of rival forums.

Thanks Bob.  It was @DannyLBwho said he was banned and maybe I misunderstood him.

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

Oh I sure did get banned. I'm not terribly concerned over it. 

I think Jane meant she misunderstood how you got banned, not that you did/didn't get banned.
Did you get banned for promoting the new CFCNet forum as a result of a private message you sent someone, or was it because you mentioned it in an open forum thread?

3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I think Jane meant she misunderstood how you got banned, not that you did/didn't get banned.
Did you get banned for promoting the new CFCNet forum as a result of a private message you sent someone, or was it because you mentioned it in an open forum thread?

The former. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I did!!

2 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

The former. 

Oh goodness, most odd.

11 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

The former. 

Wow!!! That's unusual. Is there a warning when you sign up saying that private messages aren't actually private (in the TOS, for example) and can be read by the mods? If a user has a reasonable expectation of privacy, it opens them up to legal challenges should that not be the case.

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

Wow!!! That's unusual. Is there a warning when you sign up saying that private messages aren't actually private (in the TOS, for example) and can be read by the mods? If a user has a reasonable expectation of privacy, it opens them up to legal challenges should that not be the case.

I've looked at the rules post ban and there's no such thing. Annoyingly enough I cant even contact anyone to plead my case because you need an account to do so and multiple accounts are not allowed. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Welcome back @Backbiter

If only you knew the discussions (some above) that have been going on to try and get back our regulars!!

If you use archive.org (Wayback Machine) to access the old site are you able to see any of the social media links of the old members and get in touch that way?

12 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

If you use archive.org (Wayback Machine) to access the old site are you able to see any of the social media links of the old members and get in touch that way?

Tried that, not many people had them visible in their profiles… I say not many, none that I found had them!

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Tried that, not many people had them visible in their profiles… I say not many, none that I found had them!

Jane was specifically interested in Asvaberg. If you look at his profile on the old site there is an account on YouTube that seems to tie in with them under the same name but unfortunately it seems to have lapsed over the last 10 years or so (lol). As people tend to re-use the same forum tag Googling Asvaberg there are a few hits with it on a few forums. Whether it might be worth PMing them to see if it is him? Instagram doesn't help

• Like 1