(our) Magnificent Seven..an OG start

chara

On 27/02/2023 at 10:39, Mark Kelly said:

Excellent, just in time for the meltdown! 

Lol, I'm a regular at my local psychiatrist to work out my anger issues these days. Tried to watch the Spurs game and instantly had regrets. An otherwise good looking sunday ruined for no good reason. As a poster firmly in the "let's give him time" (how many times have we had this discussion regarding an incumbent manager???) I must say my position is changing. 

Jesus wept, our form is absolutely horrendous. Think 2023 so far has been pro-rata 26 points for a full season with 15 goals scored! That is beyond relegation form!

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Thx! 

I pondered what to do, signed up for the shed and some friendly sould over there told me cfcnet had moved to this url. 

Out of curiosity, what happened? I can see that all the history is gone from the old site which is a shame I suppose. But in a way maybe good so we can get passed our old sins lol. 

Basically, the previous owners suddenly took the old site down with no warning and no explanation, so it suddenly just vanished along with all the data.

Fortunately, @JaneB managed to get about 8 of us together based on the contacts she had/remembered from the old site and we tried to work out what to do and in the end I managed to rebuild the site (which we’re now on) and got a URL as close to the old one as possible. We’ve managed to hunt down a good amount of the old users and lots have managed to find us via Google or Twitter as well, which is brilliant!

We have also received many very generous donations to help cover the costs, which means I can keep this new site running for over 2 years already, without any worry about the money side of it. So essentially, we’re a CFCnet under new ownership and a better ownership as we own it ourselves and it’s not owned by a faceless and nameless company.

Welcome back, great to see you!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JaneB said:

Great to have you back.   

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Welcome back, great to see you!

Thx guys and well done to both of you! The previous ownership was always a bit of a head scratcher. What interest did they have in owning the site? Why no interaction? Why the sudden close down? Just a weird episode all around. 

• Agree 2

I would guess they were looking to make revenue in some way as I originally found this site by searching for Chelsea Fans Forum and this always came up first. Even though certainly not the largest forum by membership.

1 hour ago, jasonb said:

I would guess they were looking to make revenue in some way as I originally found this site by searching for Chelsea Fans Forum and this always came up first. Even though certainly not the largest forum by membership.

Not the largest, but definitely the best, not least because it is properly moderated.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Not the largest, but definitely the best, not least because it is properly moderated.

I second that plus a disparate group with different perspectives and lively,usually, sensible viewpoints...of course the down side is the often distracting habit,,you know who are..of certain "usual suspects" who insist on bringing humour and disgraceful word play onto the Forum...Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Agreed, @chara- oh look at the way it is today, it's getting out of hand - there's no decorum in the Forum.
Depravity's surrounding me, I don't know where to turn, but give me time and I'll soon learn

Just Thee and Me BM as GUARDIANS At The Gate!.... NO PUNNERY GENTLEMAN! (and LADIES)

10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

YAY!!!  Welcome back!!!!! You were on my list of members I HAD to get back if at all possible.

How did you find us in the end?

Honestly it was a tale against all odds.

Not really, I started reading posts in the shed end in hope of finding anybody from here.

The shed end was uncharted territory for me.

The guys on there are a little too uptight for my liking.

Seriously they made Droy look like the ultimate optimist.

Anyway after the tottenham debacle I decided to check cfcnet on Google and was so happy to see you guys resurrected it from the ashes.

Home is where the heart is and there is no place like here.

Edited by Blue Kratos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Good to see you back, @Blue Kratos, thought you were gone forever. I'm afraid Droy is standing in the right place now ... outside of the door ... but Jane has propped a chair behind it, and probably for the best.

Thanks Blue Moon.

So happy to see you guys again.

Jane's at the wheel and I'm enjoying the drive.

Seriously though, avoid the shed end at all costs.

That place is more depressing than that cesspool of a city called Liverpool.

Edited by Blue Kratos

8 minutes ago, Blue Kratos said:

Thanks Blue Moon.

So happy to see you guys again.

Jane's at the wheel and I'm enjoying the drive.

Seriously though, avoid the shed end at all costs.

That place is more depressing than that cesspool of a city called Liverpool.

I do have to say that Sam (MBIB), Michael and I are all at the wheel at different times!!!  But Sam is the main driver, without him we wouldn’t have this fabulous new forum 💙

I have dipped into TSE over the years but it’s far too big for me, I’d get lost.  And I did actually join when our old site went down to try and trace some of our members and bring them back.

Can’t say I enjoyed it at all ☹️

13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I do have to say that Sam (MBIB), Michael and I are all at the wheel at different times!!!  But Sam is the main driver, without him we wouldn’t have this fabulous new forum 💙

I have dipped into TSE over the years but it’s far too big for me, I’d get lost.  And I did actually join when our old site went down to try and trace some of our members and bring them back.

Can’t say I enjoyed it at all ☹️

Glad to hear Michael is still here.

And a big thanks to Sam also.

I don't blame you for not enjoying it, they were not afraid to get personal with each other.

The last straw came when some moron wanted relegation so it would remove the glory hunters and preserve the true fans who prefer Chelsea to be mediocre like before.

Some people right?

Edited by Blue Kratos
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Great to see you back!

Goes for me too... I managed to sneak back before Jane realised but it has been great seeing all the old "faces" finding their way back to OUR Forum...such amazing grass roots effort and miracle workers at the helm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chara said:

Goes for me too... I managed to sneak back before Jane realised but it has been great seeing all the old "faces" finding their way back to OUR Forum...such amazing grass roots effort and miracle workers at the helm.

This forum isn't complete without you Chara.

Feck me, this is getting like an old-school reunion (brings out onion). I'm half-minded to track down Droy or Cam4Blue and bring you all down to earth again. Nice bit of cynicism and trollishness about where to stand, deep-dug statistics and player assassination from their performance in an under-10s match at junior school (kidding, Jane/Michael, OK?).

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

re Droy.

For sure he could be very annoying and a little condescending at tines, but I honestly never thought he was bad enough to be banned. He was a passionate poster who sometimes went a bit OTT, but overall a brought a lot to the forum imho. 

Droy was his own worst enemy here..personally I enjoyed his input but other posters, for who's opinions I have the greatest respect and enjoy their input found his postings unacceptable and on balance I stick with them.

We can all overstep the mark especially in the present Chelsea climate but sometimes it's a case of too much for too long.