(our) Magnificent Seven..an OG start

chara

7 hours ago, chara said:

I second that plus a disparate group with different perspectives and lively,usually, sensible viewpoints...of course the down side is the often distracting habit,,you know who are..of certain "usual suspects" who insist on bringing humour and disgraceful word play onto the Forum...Sigh.

6 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Agreed, @chara- oh look at the way it is today, it's getting out of hand - there's no decorum in the Forum.
Depravity's surrounding me, I don't know where to turn, but give me time and I'll soon learn

6 hours ago, chara said:

Just Thee and Me BM as GUARDIANS At The Gate!.... NO PUNNERY GENTLEMAN! (and LADIES)

Don’t play the innocent you two 😇😇

I have your cards marked 😡

5 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

re Droy.

For sure he could be very annoying and a little condescending at tines, but I honestly never thought he was bad enough to be banned. He was a passionate poster who sometimes went a bit OTT, but overall a brought a lot to the forum imho. 

A little condescending? The bloke was an outright punish at times. It made having any sort of reasonable exchange of dialog feel like having to jump through every hoop and over every hurdle known to mankind. I can appreciate he keep discussion moving but the cost of doing so was high.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chara said:

Droy was his own worst enemy here..personally I enjoyed his input but other posters, for who's opinions I have the greatest respect and enjoy their input found his postings unacceptable and on balance I stick with them.

We can all overstep the mark especially in the present Chelsea climate but sometimes it's a case of too much for too long.

We only had one Droy here.

The other place had over 100.

I swear those guys are Droy cultists.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Feck me, this is getting like an old-school reunion (brings out onion). I'm half-minded to track down Droy or Cam4Blue and bring you all down to earth again. Nice bit of cynicism and trollishness about where to stand, deep-dug statistics and player assassination from their performance in an under-10s match at junior school (kidding, Jane/Michael, OK?).

Not sure why but this also made me think of James Prescott. 

5 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

re Droy.

For sure he could be very annoying and a little condescending at tines, but I honestly never thought he was bad enough to be banned

That's most likely because you never saw the posts of his we removed. The same one's he was banned for!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Now there’s a name to conjure with - I’d almost forgotten him …

Another scab scratcher😀.... a lot of us for various valid  reasons pretty much broadly agree on many issues...that's great but my personal view only..the odd seemingly raspy view is just as valid and does give me, for one ,pause for thought.

4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

That's most likely because you never saw the posts of his we removed. The same one's he was banned for!

He wouldn't listen to incremental warnings.. I might not agree with some things but someone has to make the hard decisions, I respect that.

I couldn't do the Mod job..I don't have Jane's decency or MT's steel.

A month ago, I was seriously peeved we’d lost the annals for all time, but when names like Prescott, Droy and Cam4Blue raise their heads, maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Some things live on best as treasured memories.

26 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

A month ago, I was seriously peeved we’d lost the annals for all time, but when names like Prescott, Droy and Cam4Blue raise their heads, maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Some things live on best as treasured memories.

James P is off doing others things; Cam4Blue was (and is) banned, although it's possible that he's back under another name, I suppose; DWMH has just disappeared! He did get a ban at the other place, but he was also reinstated when the ban ended. I've actually tried to find Droy, but to no avail.

I remember James Prescott being rabidly obsessed with us bringing in “young, hungry players” to the point where it seemed he would have a meltdown. Probably best for him that he disappeared from the forums.

27 minutes ago, chrisb said:

I remember James Prescott being rabidly obsessed with us bringing in “young, hungry players” to the point where it seemed he would have a meltdown. Probably best for him that he disappeared from the forums.

Yeah he admitted himself that being on here during a transfer window wasn't good for his mental health. 

He used to somehow wind himself up into a frenzy over rumours he'd started himself 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yeah he admitted himself that being on here during a transfer window wasn't good for his mental health. 

He used to somehow wind himself up into a frenzy over rumours he'd started himself 🤷🏻‍♂️

It was a very strange situation at times, felt sorry for the guy. At least he was doing it on here and not the shed end, from what people have said about things over there!

12 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

James P is off doing others things; Cam4Blue was (and is) banned, although it's possible that he's back under another name, I suppose; DWMH has just disappeared! He did get a ban at the other place, but he was also reinstated when the ban ended. I've actually tried to find Droy, but to no avail.

finding-dory-dory-gi-fs.gif

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, xceleryx said:

A little condescending? The bloke was an outright punish at times. It made having any sort of reasonable exchange of dialog feel like having to jump through every hoop and over every hurdle known to mankind. I can appreciate he keep discussion moving but the cost of doing so was high.

But isn't this what the ignore feature is there for?

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

But isn't this what the ignore feature is there for?

Give it a rest mate. He was an extremely toxic, pervasive presence on here, solely dedicated to his own self-aggrandisement and was rightly banned.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Yes, and it was utilised from my end for several years because of how problematic he was - as I'm sure it was by others also. 

20 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Used mine so much the button got stuck down

Yup. Blocked and unblocked him so many times. Only person I ever blocked on here since 2008. 

I always wanted to believe that he could be reasonable but every single time he crossed the line. 

His purpose in life was to cause conflict and he ended up with a very select group of supporters. 

When he had a strong case he argued the point. The other 75% of the time he challenged the poster whilst ironically rolling out the "ad hominem" card. 

It was exhausting.

Would I have him back? 100%

Would I block him within a week? 100%

• Like 1