(our) Magnificent Seven..an OG start

chara

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yup. Blocked and unblocked him so many times. Only person I ever blocked on here since 2008. 

I always wanted to believe that he could be reasonable but every single time he crossed the line. 

His purpose in life was to cause conflict and he ended up with a very select group of supporters. 

When he had a strong case he argued the point. The other 75% of the time he challenged the poster whilst ironically rolling out the "ad hominem" card. 

It was exhausting.

Would I have him back? 100%

Would I block him within a week? 100%

With you Ham...so much good Chelsea input totally overwhelmed by unnecessary aggression and confrontation.

Your last three lines....100% ...it"s the snake being carried across the river tale.

• Agree 1

On 03/03/2023 at 02:04, Michael Tucker said:

James P is off doing others things; Cam4Blue was (and is) banned, although it's possible that he's back under another name, I suppose; DWMH has just disappeared! He did get a ban at the other place, but he was also reinstated when the ban ended. I've actually tried to find Droy, but to no avail.

Personally I thought Droy was a great poster and used to really enjoy his post-match reviews. I wouldn't necessarily always agree with him but often he added a unique perspective which was well thought out and that added value to the discussion. 

I was sad to see his regular posts dissappear on the old forum and had assumed he was banned given the heated discussions that he would often be involved in. Sounds like he's unlikely to return but thought I would add my name to the pro-camp given he was such a divisive poster!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

Thanks Jane....Long time lurker and periodic poster ,but boy did i miss my daily dose of the old forum.... Good to be back and i wish you and the crowd every success... Kind regards ,Tim.

Thank you 😊
Out of interest, how did you find us again?

• 1 year later...

Just spent ages wandering through the first dozen or so pages on here.

With all the "goings on" of late we all might want to go back and read just how overjoyed we all were with the Rebirth,

@My Blood Is Blue...Sam..help...how can I find Nobly's KitKat blog ?

Edited by chara
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, chara said:

Just spent ages wandering through the first dozen or so pages on here.

With all the "goings on" of late we all might want to go back and read just how overjoyed we all were with the Rebirth,

@My Blood Is Blue...Sam..help...how can I find Nobly's KitKat blog ?

Ah, the blog is no more. Sadly, the software we use decided that having a blog was a more premium feature and so to include it, we’d have to pay near double the amount we already do each month and I didn’t want to suddenly turn around and start asking for more money just to include a blog and a few other features.

Sorry @NoblyBobly!

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ah, the blog is no more. Sadly, the software we use decided that having a blog was a more premium feature and so to include it, we’d have to pay near double the amount we already do each month and I didn’t want to suddenly turn around and start asking for more money just to include a blog and a few other features.

Sorry @NoblyBobly!

I’ve been cancelled 😞 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

But KitKat’s latest campaign was one of the winners of the Kantar Creative Effectiveness Awards 2024! There's no pleasing some people.

Coz we’ve all heard of that award!! It’s the big one! 
Some adverts,  honestly. I think I missed my vocation in life. My nephew works in New York for a big ad agency.  Some of the shit they churn out. He phones me up sometimes when he hits a creative wall to see if his mad uncle Nobs can offer a different perspective.  I ask what he’s got so far on a project . He explains and I invariably tell him it’s rubbish. . I’ve seen more creativity on this forum than must be in that office. So I  say consider the protagonist doing this that or the other.  Next thing I know there’s an Ad out there with my fingerprints all over!! 
If in the near future you see a MacDonalds ad come out where a guy in his white van is having his “ MacDonalds Moment”.  Tough day, been through the drive thru , got his burger or whatever. Just about to bite into it and a lady with a car full of distracting noisy kids bumps into the back of his car . The jolt spills  his coffee and his chips go everywhere. His MacDonalds Moment is shattered. He gets out to inspect damage, the lady is so apologetic and clearly stressed. There’s no real damage so he generously waves it away. He goes back to what remains of his dinner. Next thing he knows there’s a tap on the window . It’s one of the ladies kids who’s brought him a happy meal as a way of a thank you . 
So if you see anything resembling that , it’s mine!! 

• Haha 2

Having worked in advertising for most of the last 15 or so years, I’m fully concur @NoblyBobly! It’s an odd industry in so many ways, but one of the main reasons I really fell out of love with it all is that 99% of the time, they’ve making adverts for other people in the ad industry and the awards, rather than worrying about what they’re actually trying to sell!

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Having worked in advertising for most of the last 15 or so years, I’m fully concur @NoblyBobly! It’s an odd industry in so many ways, but one of the main reasons I really fell out of love with it all is that 99% of the time, they’ve making adverts for other people in the ad industry and the awards, rather than worrying about what they’re actually trying to sell!

Oh really!! The standard has definitely dropped. Occasionally there’s a good one but most miss the mark imo. The copywriters they hire are millennial's and Gen Z age group who only know how to appeal to a very small demographic. 
And the money companies throw at influencers is insane!! My best mates daughter is one and makes more money than we could ever hope to! . 

• Agree 1

@NoblyBobly...a great deal of truth there NB,,,for one reason or another I was wandering back into some warm memories..basically Hovis,,The through the ages lad running home with his loaf..the steep hill and as a spin off the wonderful Ronnie Barker skit.

Actually all better and more entertaining than most of the tv offerings here (Slow Horses on stream our main focus after binging up to date,,but British !)

"I were just a lad............................................"🍞🚲🥪