(our) Magnificent Seven..an OG start

chara

You guys are amazing! I never expected to get so many donations so quickly and I won't lie it has relieved quite a bit of stress knowing that we're all in this together.

I've secured the software and hosting, i'm just in the process of getting the website address sorted, so that we're not seeing c325054.invisionservice - it may mean the site drops out for a period of time, but i'm hoping not.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

The cfcnet.uk address is probably not working for some people at the moment as it's in the process of being updated. So for now, use the https://c325054.invisionservice.com/ address.

If you suddenly lose access to the site, do not panic, it's just part of the updates that have to be done.

We're almost there!

1 hour ago, Ham said:

If the old site ever did come back, we could just poach everyone over to Son of CFCnet.

And the great thing is we are our own bosses now.

No longer dependent on the whims of owners who don’t give a f*** about us or Chelsea.

• Like 2

Just now, JaneB said:

No longer dependent on the whims of owners who don’t give a f*** about us or Chelsea.

That's the best bit , we are in charge and it's already a nicer site! 

What's the old saying? "You don't miss your water 'til the well runs dry" 

But we did it together as a disparate bunch of proper Chels. 

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 2

Lost access for a short while, but now it's back, and it's .... much better. Nice to see the proper url at the top of the screen, and quite weird to see "My Blood Is Blue is typing" ... definite improvement to see names of people liking a post - always made me a bit paranoid, that ... was it just @JaneBticking the boxes? Was it some Guest from another club? And what else haven't I discovered? 

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Lost access for a short while, but now it's back, and it's .... much better. Nice to see the proper url at the top of the screen, and quite weird to see "My Blood Is Blue is typing" ... definite improvement to see names of people liking a post - always made me a bit paranoid, that ... was it just @JaneBticking the boxes? Was it some Guest from another club? And what else haven't I discovered? 

Gave you a like just because I can and still like others thereafter. 

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

In much more secure hands. We should also take the opportunity to thank you too, Jane. Between you and Sam you have resurrected a really important element in people's lives.

Thanks guys!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, RDCW said:

In much more secure hands. We should also take the opportunity to thank you too, Jane. Between you and Sam you have resurrected a really important element in people's lives.

Thanks guys!

Thank you.  All I did was gather people together, Sam is the real star of the show 🤩

And now @morahas found us.  Welcome!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Thank you.  All I did was gather people together, Sam is the real star of the show 🤩

And now @morahas found us.  Welcome!!

Thank you very much for the welcome. I was a fairly new member on the previous site. Still, pretty bummed when I suddenly hit a 404.

Fortunately, I found my way back through a post by Sam on Twitter. I couldn't find anything else via search (Google, Reddit, etc.).

Kudos to Sam for getting the forum set up and running so quickly. The updated software works much smoother and provides a better experience overall. Let's hope the same is true for Chelsea...😉 

Thank you very much.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I have a suggestion , what about a poll after each game to mark the players and coach's performance out of ten with the proviso that you shouldn't vote if you didn't see the game? 

I was thinking about this earlier, I was going to add it as one of the questions on the poll over here, but we'd need someone (or a few people) to commit to creating the post and poll after each match. I'm more than happy to be one of those people, but i'm not sure I can guarantee I'd be around to get it up after every match.

21 hours ago, JaneB said:

Give us a break BM 😉 It wasn’t meant to be an exhaustive list, long as it is.  Although I agree about Sleeping Dave, I don’t know how I forgot him.

At risk of upsetting @JaneBagain, looked at kumb.com (Wet Spam) and found Blue Rod, Ibn Battuta, Ro61 and Lampen ... 

Edited by Blue Moon

34 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

At risk of upsetting @JaneBagain, looked at kumb.com (Wet Spam) and found Blue Rod, Ibn Battuta, Ro61 and Lampen ... 

Not at all!!!!

What are they doing on there!!!

Any way you can contact them on there?  Especially Ro61, I think he might miss us.  Thanks.

19 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Not at all!!!!

Any way you can contact them on there?  Especially Ro61, I think he might miss us.  Thanks.

I'd be very dubious of telling someone on a West Ham site what's going on here and it is most odd to be honest that they would be on there.

28 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Not at all!!!!

No idea - doesn't seem possible to PM people on it. I'll keep trying ...

• Thanks 1

Carefree Muratcan was there too - WHAM seem to post something called "The Opposition View" about other teams ... I found their names on there. See https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136511 for some familiar names, but no idea how to contact them - the site doesn't seem to allow PMs, even for members - I joined to see if this gave me extra rights. It doesn't.

19 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Carefree Muratcan was there too - WHAM seem to post something called "The Opposition View" about other teams ... I found their names on there. See https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136511 for some familiar names, but no idea how to contact them - the site doesn't seem to allow PMs, even for members - I joined to see if this gave me extra rights. It doesn't.

Really want CM back……

No. Checked it out, and it seems they posted as non-members, so I can't PM them. It's a hit of relief, to be honest - I can cancel my membership of that offensive bunch - no wish to be tarnished. Shame I couldn't find anything though. Sorry - I tried.

• Thanks 1