(our) Magnificent Seven..an OG start

chara

16 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

I got banned off of TheShedEnd, likely because I reached out to members. The funny thing is when I went to the website originally, it rerouted me to Google with a search of: how to behave better on the internet.

Haha.

8CD84088-8AA7-4964-8B8A-75B7EC2637FD.png

Oh I’m so sorry.  Didn’t think they could read private messages.

31 minutes ago, JaneB said:

And @Flinkersis back.  Welcome!!!

They’re slowly finding us 🤞🏻

Took a few days but made it in the end!

23 hours ago, Waspeze said:

😬.. Saw a post on Reddit with the new web address, else id still be wandering about in the wilderness!

Thats how I found everyone again too - found the new site address buried in a sub on r/chelseafc. I don’t have Twitter so making a fresh sub there might catch a few like me.

• Like 1

Just now, Flinkers said:

Thats how I found everyone again too - found the new site address buried in a sub on r/chelseafc. I don’t have Twitter so making a fresh sub there might catch a few like me.

Great to have you back and glad you managed to find us!

I don’t use Reddit, but if someone that does could put something on there, that would be really helpful!

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Great to have you back and glad you managed to find us!

I don’t use Reddit, but if someone that does could put something on there, that would be really helpful!

OK, I’ll try and do something when I get a moment at work

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flinkers said:

Excellent I put that post on Reddit , glad it worked !

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've now started a topic on Reddit directing people here so if the moderators on R/chelseafc allow it we may get some more members back!

It's been taken down I believe, "low effort". 

Better off posting something in the Daily Discussion thread there, not as visible but it won't be removed. Might just have be something that those of us on Reddit promote in there with daily reminders. 

Although, might be issues with posting a direct link. They're a bit funny with that sort of stuff. 

Edited by xceleryx

19 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

[SNIP]

Although, might be issues with posting a direct link. They're a bit funny with that sort of stuff. 

You could always try the 'subtle approach' of leaving a hint like "find the new forums at the same country but ignore the company!" 😉  ...or will that be too subtle for some?

22 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

It's been taken down I believe, "low effort". 

Better off posting something in the Daily Discussion thread there, not as visible but it won't be removed. Might just have be something that those of us on Reddit promote in there with daily reminders. 

Or you could come up with a meme as it's 'meme tuesday' today. 😛 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Excellent I put that post on Reddit , glad it worked !

Ahh. MK -> Mark Kelly 😄   now it makes sense (assuming this was the post you meant?)

I did say thanks on there but it said I hadn't got enough "things" to post so not sure if it worked (I post even less on there than I do here 😄 )

image.png.145b6c8130fde683203801143fdc628e.png

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more with what @NoblyBobly has said. I'm delighted i've been able to help get us back up and running, fortunately, I had a decent understanding of how the original forum was built as I used to quite often try and stick plasters on things to keep the old thing running.

However, if it wasn't for @JaneB then we wouldn't have managed to get enough of us back together in a WhatsApp group to discuss what we could do. I was of the assumption that CFCnet was gone for good and that nobody would be missing it quite like I was, oh how wrong I was! It's very true when people say "You don't know what you've got until it's gone" and this was proven with the forum dissapearing the way it did. In a weird kind of way, CFCnet and it's members have become quite an importan part of my day... strange isn't it.

Ultimately though, this forum is nothing without it's members and the way so many of us have found our way back here one way or another and through the amazing donations we've had to help cover the costs, it just shows how good this forum is and how loyal it's members are. I hope we can find the rest of the guys and they're not too lonely out there in the wilds of the internet.

CFCnet is back, owned by it's members and it's here to stay!

• Like 1

I've sent a message to the Premier League Fantasy Football guys (hundreds and hundreds of CFCNet people there) in the hope that they might place a message on the "CFCNet Standings" page. It's a very, very long shot, but you never know. I've also left a message and a link on the CFCNet facebook page. It was the first place I looked on Thursday, and everyday thereafter until I got a text from MBIB telling me of this place.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Welcome back @Bison Great to see you!!!

How did you find us?  If you know any other members could you please spread the word?  Thanks

I searched CFCNET on Twitter and came across a post from who I now know to be My Blood Is Blue.

Isn't @chelseayouth on Twitter Juni? Surely he's got the widest reach of us all so maybe contacting him to share the link would get us back up and running.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

CFCnet is back, owned by it's members and it's here to stay!

Is there more than one person with admin rights to manage everything? You never know...

• Haha 1