(our) Magnificent Seven..an OG start

chara

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

I searched CFCNET on Twitter and came across a post from who I now know to be My Blood Is Blue.

Isn't @chelseayouth on Twitter Juni? Surely he's got the widest reach of us all so maybe contacting him to share the link would get us back up and running.

Thanks for that info.

I look at Twitter but don’t use it as such so don’t have much understanding of how it works.

Would someone else be able to find Juni? 

We're now on the first page of google search results when you search for CFCnet (we're 5th). We need to get as high as possible to help others find us, so please search for us on there and click through using that link.

I'm in the process of updating the description that appears, so that will hopefully make a bit more sense soon.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

@JaneB and @Michael Tucker are both our beloved moderators again, so be nice to them.

Yeah, but do they have full access?

I work in IT and have heard a few stories where companies had to start from scratch because, for example, the guy with access to the database got under a bus. Not that you're going to get under a bus 😛 

1 minute ago, mora said:

Yeah, but do they have full access?

I work in IT and have heard a few stories where companies had to start from scratch because, for example, the guy with access to the database got under a bus. Not that you're going to get under a bus 😛 

No, they don't actually, I don't think they have full access as a Mod, but that is a very good point. Whilst I obviously hope I don't go under a bus, definitely better to be safe rather than sorry.

We'll sort it out and make sure they have Admin access.

11 minutes ago, chara said:

Still getting the old CFC when I search (google and Edge) but now Sam's twitter appeal is the next one down so I hope USA members are picking it up.

Yeah, the old one is at the top, sadly it probably will be for a little while, but we're on the first page now, which is progress

Follpowing on from a suggestion I made yesterday...

It's a double edge sword thing and I have reservations but just want to throw something out.

As Nobly eloquently put it we as an independant group of somewhat stubborn, fussy, argumentative bunch of committed Chelsea followers have achieved something very human and heartwarming from scratch.

Does anyone have any media contacts that might just pick up the story as a "human interest" piece?

.My reservations include misrepresentation and attracting scammers and trolls.

.I hate the media and recall Mrs C digging through family history and finding an article on my Paternal Grandfather and Boer War service with patently false reporting,,subsequent contact with the family connection who had given the info revealed the original article draft which was totally accurate and the butchering of the same in print.

Just a thought,

51 minutes ago, chara said:

Still getting the old CFC when I search (google and Edge) but now Sam's twitter appeal is the next one down so I hope USA members are picking it up.

Written to Google and suggested they remove it as it is misleading, offering the new url instead. You never know, they may investigate.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, chara said:

Does anyone have any media contacts that might just pick up the story as a "human interest" piece?

Does anyone know someone at Chelsea FC who might add something to the next programme / magazine? How about cfcuk magazine? Both routes to market would get an appreciative audience ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Moon said:

Written to Google and suggested they remove it as it is misleading, offering the new url instead. You never know, they may investigate.

Great stuff....how about my typo as a course of action on the issues?

Follpowing...sort of a pow follow up ?

50 minutes ago, chara said:

Follpowing on from a suggestion I made yesterday...

It's a double edge sword thing and I have reservations but just want to throw something out.

As Nobly eloquently put it we as an independant group of somewhat stubborn, fussy, argumentative bunch of committed Chelsea followers have achieved something very human and heartwarming from scratch.

.My reservations include misrepresentation and attracting scammers and trolls.

.I hate the media and recall Mrs C digging through family history and finding an article on my Paternal Grandfather and Boer War service with patently false reporting,,subsequent contact with the family connection who had given the info revealed the original article draft which was totally accurate and the butchering of the same in print.

Just a thought,

Funnily enough, I got an email today from Go Fund Me saying that the really like the fundraiser I set up and that they'd like to include it as one of the stories they send out to national and local media outlets to see if they wanted to publicise it or run a story on it.

I'm sure it's something they do to most people who use the site, but still interesting.

32 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Does anyone know someone at Chelsea FC who might add something to the next programme / magazine? How about cfcuk magazine? Both routes to market would get an appreciative audience ...

I've dropped dropped fairly something short to CFCUK mag, and asked Stamford-Bridge.com to update their links.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I was thinking that the club might put a little something in the program …either a bit of editorial or even a little ad box . 

6 hours ago, Bison said:

I searched CFCNET on Twitter and came across a post from who I now know to be My Blood Is Blue.

Isn't @chelseayouth on Twitter Juni? Surely he's got the widest reach of us all so maybe contacting him to share the link would get us back up and running.

Yes he is because Droy used to reference him all the time.  Definitely either @chelseayouth or @carefreeyouth.  

He has a huge Twitter following so yeah, that sounds like a great idea.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes he is because Droy used to reference him all the time.  Definitely either @chelseayouth or @carefreeyouth.  

He has a huge Twitter following so yeah, that sounds like a great idea.  

I’ll send them both a message and see if they can put out a message.

I used to chat quite a bit with Feroze on Twitter as well and he used to be on here, he may be able to help as has a large following.