Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Expected nothing less than that to be fair. Absolutely nothing to do with Frank, find it baffling that some of his selections are being questioned. It wouldn't have mattered who he picked the exact same thing would have happened. We are broken.

The damage Potter has done to this team is really, really worrying.

I was saying months ago that this was the problem with keeping him for as long as we did. He's destroyed everything and everyone.

There's no coming back from that now. Just have to wait until next season.

I'm worried it wont get better with some of these players. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Yes he did BUT unfortunately he was a load of carp. As were nearly all the others btw.

Of the outfield players I'd give Forfana a good 6/10. The rest range from a 2 for the woeful Cucu and  3, 4 & 5 for the others.

WTF do you expect from a team who not been coached for 7 months. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Expected nothing less than that to be fair. Absolutely nothing to do with Frank, find it baffling that some of his selections are being questioned. It wouldn't have mattered who he picked the exact same thing would have happened. We are broken.

I was saying months ago that this was the problem with keeping him for as long as we did. He's destroyed everything and everyone.

Didn’t they say that about Nathan Jones at Southampton. They didn’t play to badly against us the game after he was sacked. 

At least they had a one game bounce!

3 minutes ago, BMox81 said:

I made the mistake of watching us play this afternoon.

Just don’t know where it’s all gone wrong. The trajectory dip (bar the CL win) since 20I7 has been quite something.

I dunno man, I just have no enthusiasm for the club as a whole right now and I’m very sad about that. But then I feel at this point they have to earn it back so maybe I shouldn’t be.

Yeah, that’s kind of how I feel as well. I don’t recognise this team and club at the moment. No passion, no desire and no ‘Chelsea’.

The new owners have a lot of work to do.

5 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I’m absolutely not being funny here but a bit surprised at your first few lines as I thought you had no time for Frank as a manager.  Thought you’d be more critical.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, that’s kind of how I feel as well. I don’t recognise this team and club at the moment. No passion, no desire and no ‘Chelsea’.

The new owners have a lot of work to do.

Well I am 52 soon so seen this all before.

The difference is just the money splurged on some bang average players.

Our performances for the money invested in this team beggar belief.

£600 million and we can’t even score a goal.

That is my chief frustration, clubs always go through lean spells but this is different.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

If you were an elite coach, would you fancy turning this squad around. It’s a shambolic mismatch. 
At least under the previous regime the squad was stable with one or two tweets from new coaches.  Under TB the club has brought almost an entire first team in two windows by two different coaches who are the polar opposite in formation and tactics. 

I honestly expected something more radically different from before. Havertz and Cucurella in the starting XI let alone the squad had me worried from the beginning. Maybe now Frank realises the job he has is more fundemental than just playing 4-3-3. Start thinking outside the box Frank. You said everyone started with a clean slate well hopefully you can see now that most of those slates can be flung straight in the bin and the players listed for sale in the summer. Forget about reputations and play those that want to play then fix a formation around that. We don't have the players to play 4-3-3, certainly not against Madrid. Stop attempting the same thing hoping for a different result. The players were abject once again. We had the dead sheep bounce today. Awful.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

I’m absolutely not being funny here but a bit surprised at your first few lines as I thought you had no time for Frank as a manager.  Thought you’d be more critical.

I haven't, think he is utterly useless but none of what we saw today is his fault.

He will get a complete free pass from me for the rest of the season as it's beyond shambolic and there is nothing he will be able to do about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

He's had, what 4 days. And it's not like it was any worse than what proceeded it. 

That's why this spell is win win for Lampard. 

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

If you were an elite coach, would you fancy turning this squad around. It’s a shambolic mismatch. 
At least under the previous regime the squad was stable with one or two tweets from new coaches.  Under TB the club has brought almost an entire first team in two windows by two different coaches who are the polar opposite in formation and tactics. 

100%.

I've never been as critical of some of the players as some have. I think we have an outrageous squad and with the right man in charge will do very well.

Maybe we could resurrect our bet for next season with the money going towards the new website?

£50 next year we finish top 4, as long as it's not Rodgers.

• Haha 1

We’re not a team anymore. There’s no cohesion, there’s no plan and there is definitely no belief that we can actually go out there and put in a winning performance. 
We look completely bereft of any ideas on how to play better or against any kind of tactics we come up against.

We have somehow lost everything that made us Chelsea. 

This is what you get when the Board appoint a yes-man in charge like Potter. An incoherent mess of a squad with no striker, no DM, and 600m spaffed up the wall. The worrying thing is that Boehly and co. would probably like to do the same thing again if they could. Board have to decide if they want a manager with a winning mentality or one who’s going to be nice to have around the place and who won’t rock the boat. How on earth will they cope with prickly characters like Nagelsmann or Enrique? 

Edited by Original 21

I think I preferred I us creating loads of chances but couldn't convert them. Today we were simply toothless and really never looked like scoring, I think it's been proven by now this team can only function playing 3 at the back. 4-3-3 was a mistake from the beginning, as was playing Gallagher. I am fed up hearing how much he energy he has, or his work rate is exceptional when nearly all of it, is simply a thing with no end product. How he didn't a second yellow near the of the match I don't know, as someone said sell him and make a some pure profit for once.

Forfana on the other hand once again looking like he is worth every penny that was spent on him.

I don't remember a spell where I enjoyed it less than right now. 

The only way we might score is through an individual bit of skill, there is no team cohesion. 

Every game we have 15+ shots but barely any are on target because they are hopeful shots from poor positions. 

• Like 1

When you look at this squad, who are the screamers, the Generals, the passionate badge pounders? The JT, Ballack, Drogba, Dave types? Maybe Silva when he's fit, but he won't be around much longer. We go one down at Wolves, and no one is screaming. KK looks stoned, our forwards are pussycats. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

100%.

I've never been as critical of some of the players as some have. I think we have an outrageous squad and with the right man in charge will do very well.

Maybe we could resurrect our bet for next season with the money going towards the new website?

£50 next year we finish top 4, as long as it's not Rodgers.

Yeah let’s wait until August for the Charity punt. 

BTW now GP has departed I would go back to Brighton get Dunk and give him the 26 shirt.  He is not the and elite player, however the club is desperate for a leader on the field and potential legend. “Not forgetting where his heart is”

who ever takes over will need a couple of leader on the pitch and squad. 

32 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I think this match is exactly why Lampard is here. No one who isn't useless is taking the gig with 4 days until their first game in charge, without weeks and weeks to drill players and get rid of some of them. 

The idea that Lampard would somehow galvanise us was and is preposterous. If he was someone with that capability, he wouldn't be someone who was willing to take what is, let's face it, such a sh*t job.

Only seen a 20 minute long cut of "highlights" so not gonna comment other than feeling deeply sorry for whoever had to put it together. 

Just now, McCreadie said:

Frank needs to absolutely completely lose it with these players. Things need to be thrown. People need to be brutally shamed. I worry he will give them the benefit of the doubt. There is no doubt. 

What difference will it make? They know he’s not going to be around for very long and half of them will be gone as well. It’s a real mess.