Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

8 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

What difference will it make? They know he’s not going to be around for very long and half of them will be gone as well. It’s a real mess. 

They are “saving” themselves for Real. That doesn’t really work if they don’t end up playing. I’m happy to sacrifice the CL at this point. 

13 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Frank needs to absolutely completely lose it with these players. Things need to be thrown. People need to be brutally shamed. I worry he will give them the benefit of the doubt. There is no doubt. 

It should but it won’t. That just not what he is meant to do with this appointment. It makes really no sense for an interim to behave like that. 

Really the only club related matter that we need to be patient with is the appointment of the next manager.  Absolutely crucial decision. 

1 minute ago, McCreadie said:

They are “saving” themselves for Real. That doesn’t really work if they don’t end up playing. I’m happy to sacrifice the CL at this point. 

Nah, they’ll turn up. Besides, it’s not a competition we’ll see again for a little while. Let’s just enjoy it until it’s gone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I'm honestlyl don't think I'm  being OTT in saying this, but I'm really glad the season hasn't got long to go because we really are  playing bad enough to be relegated. This is easily the worst team we've had since the one before Hoddle arrived.

Yes, agreed. This team would be relegated if the season had an extra 10 games on top of what we already have to endure. It’s so bad it’s unreal. Players who cost us massive money, players who bags massive money on a weekly basis are playing like this. I find it utterly offensive to be perfectly honest. Right now I have nothing left for the club. Just dismay towards the players and their rotten attitude.

I’m serious when I say I’d much rather flog them all and just play the academy next season than to witness these primadonnas going through the motions one more time.  

3 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yes, agreed. This team would be relegated if the season had an extra 10 games on top of what we already have to endure. It’s so bad it’s unreal. Players who cost us massive money, players who bags massive money on a weekly basis are playing like this. I find it utterly offensive to be perfectly honest. Right now I have nothing left for the club. Just dismay towards the players and their rotten attitude.

I’m serious when I say I’d much rather flog them all and just play the academy next season than to witness these primadonnas going through the motions one more time.  

Yep. I really enjoyed Frank’s first season for this reason. Team massively over achieved that year with lots of young players.

7 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yes, agreed. This team would be relegated if the season had an extra 10 games on top of what we already have to endure. 

... Or if the previous manager had been sacked a month earlier. I mean, crikey, maybe even just a week or two earlier.

Loads of these players are irredeemable. Loads aren't, though. I don't think you can just switch it back on after the coaching they've received for half a year. 

Some will show their worth after a pre-season with an actual coach. Others will be lucky to find other clubs. Just have to hops the right ones are sifted out.

11 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

... Or if the previous manager had been sacked a month earlier. I mean, crikey, maybe even just a week or two earlier.

Loads of these players are irredeemable. Loads aren't, though. I don't think you can just switch it back on after the coaching they've received for half a year. 

Some will show their worth after a pre-season with an actual coach. Others will be lucky to find other clubs. Just have to hops the right ones are sifted out.

It just shows how strong the characters of 2004-2012 were. 

The manager didn't matter, they would power through regardless. That's thanks to the foundations Jose instilled. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sam, if you're reading and able can you do a poll on stay or go for the players so we can see who we think are worth persevering with? 

Yep, good shout. I am out at the moment, but will try and pull something together later on.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sam, if you're reading and able can you do a poll on stay or go for the players so we can see who we think are worth persevering with? 

Definitely players to go for whatever we can get for them.

Either one of the keepers and both gone in two years. Cucu. KK. Kovacic. Ziyech. Pulisic. Sterling. Auba. 

To stay.

Forfana. Future captain and looks worth the money we paid for him. Must admit I was very doubtful about him at that price, but happy to be proven wrong. Superman Silva. James. Chilly. Kante. Mount. Enzo, even though I think he's been disappointing. Badiashile 

Chalobah and Gallagher as squad players, though I wouldn't be fussed to see them leave if we could get a decent price for them.

To early to say much about the young players we signed.

5 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I honestly expected something more radically different from before. Havertz and Cucurella in the starting XI let alone the squad had me worried from the beginning. Maybe now Frank realises the job he has is more fundemental than just playing 4-3-3. Start thinking outside the box Frank. You said everyone started with a clean slate well hopefully you can see now that most of those slates can be flung straight in the bin and the players listed for sale in the summer. Forget about reputations and play those that want to play then fix a formation around that. We don't have the players to play 4-3-3, certainly not against Madrid. Stop attempting the same thing hoping for a different result. The players were abject once again. We had the dead sheep bounce today. Awful.

Holy has summed it up in a nutshell as far as i'm concerned....

Edited by Liquidator

32 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

Holy has summed it up in a nutshell as far as i'm concerned....

True but clutching at straws Frank walked into the "office" on Thursday (?).

Day one could hardly have been more than introducing himself to whoever the coaching/admin group consists of even those he may know from before and the players.

Friday pre match day and Saturday on the way to Wolverhampton assuming they didn't travel Friday.

Hardly time to do more than check game day fitness and select a side with heavy input (I would think) from the coaching staff.

Doesn't excuse the sides performance and it was a shambles but it took a superb goal to win the game and as I recall three Chelsea players tried to close down one player including Cucu who was not needed in the mix and should have had a tad more awareness and turned to close down the scorer that second or so too late.

The RM game ..sigh...but it is what it is.

Not a Frank knee jerk defence.

The turning of the thumb screw for me ?..... due to the need for domestic balance and harmony my Chelsea accepted viewing priority is weighed against a viewing list for Mrs C that starts Sat night with.."Pirot" (I know but it annoys her when I call it that!)...Sunday "Call The Midwife"...Monday "Antiques Road Show " (USA) and Tuesday "Finding Your Roots".....it;s Wednseday before the evenings become settling!

After games like today I feel I am not on level terms in balance!

If any questions arise regarding viewing list I will reply on the appropriate Topic page!

19 minutes ago, chara said:

Day one could hardly have been more than introducing himself to whoever the coaching/admin group consists of even those he may know from before and the players.

Friday pre match day and Saturday on the way to Wolverhampton assuming they didn't travel Friday.

Hardly time to do more than check game day fitness and select a side with heavy input (I would think) from the coaching staff.

[SNIP]

There's a YouTube video from the official club channel showing a few training sessions (some before Frank was appointed).  Given it went out on Friday and you see the players boarding coaches with their small suitcases, it would seem they travelled to Wolverhampton late Friday afternoon after one session under Frank, so he won't have had that long trying to "coach" anything before the game.

14 minutes ago, chara said:

Doesn't excuse the sides performance and it was a shambles but it took a superb goal to win the game and as I recall three Chelsea players tried to close down one player including Cucu who was not needed in the mix and should have had a tad more awareness and turned to close down the scorer that second or so too late.

The RM game ..sigh...but it is what it is.

Not a Frank knee jerk defence.

The turning of the thumb screw for me ?..... due to the need for domestic balance and harmony my Chelsea accepted viewing priority is weighed against a viewing list for Mrs C that starts Sat night with.."Pirot" (I know but it annoys her when I call it that!)...Sunday "Call The Midwife"...Monday "Antiques Road Show " (USA) and Tuesday "Finding Your Roots".....it;s Wednseday before the evenings become settling!

After games like today I feel I am not on level terms in balance!

If any questions arise regarding viewing list I will reply on the appropriate Topic page!

Another waste of an afternoon.I don't blame Frank at all.He has an all or nothing game next week and I'm sure that is foremost on his mind.

I'm sure Frank has watched enough of us this season to have formed an opinion on where we are going wrong and who he thinks can and can't cut it.

Now he can see right up and personal where the problems lie, everyday.

The thing that has struck me(and certainly today) is how teams are so fast flowing against us.They seem to have space and freedom every time they move forward.

In the past we would swatted  most attacks and countered with speed that left most teams on the defensive the entire time

We look like a bunch of misfits,with some players that are just  not good enough and the rest looking lost.

My optimism for the Madrid game is gone,and it's not Lampards fault,the fault lies solely with Boehly  and co.

I think you will see a completely different approach by Lampard after we're dumped out by Madrid, if not he's not the man I thought he was.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

There's a YouTube video from the official club channel showing a few training sessions (some before Frank was appointed).  Given it went out on Friday and you see the players boarding coaches with their small suitcases, it would seem they travelled to Wolverhampton late Friday afternoon after one session under Frank, so he won't have had that long trying to "coach" anything before the game.

Thanks Bob....I don't expect too much for the rest of the season. 

And kev...sums it up really except I include GP in the blame mix.

Edited by chara