Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

1 minute ago, asvaberg said:

It's painful to watch. 

What’s so frustrating is that it seems to be painful for us fans, but not that painful for the players, who are clearly just going through the motions out there.

I hope whoever is manager next season is watching this and taking note of those that don’t seem to have enough about them to try and put in a bit of effort and show a bit of fight to get out of this mess they’ve helped create.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

What’s so frustrating is that it seems to be painful for us fans, but not that painful for the players, who are clearly just going through the motions out there.

I hope whoever is manager next season is watching this and taking note of those that don’t seem to have enough about them to try and put in a bit of effort and show a bit of fight to get out of this mess they’ve helped create.

Indeed. But we may end having to request 5 a side matches!

Same old story really.

Midfield gets played through too easily, but also can't feed the attack the sort of supply needed. The attack can't hang onto the ball, looks stagnate, and overall simply not threatening at all. Then we've got a defence that gets pulled out of position all too regularly trying to cover gaps left ahead by either the midfield or fullbacks being caught up field, or the wingers not tracking back. 

It's a disjointed aimless mess.

Frank clearly hasn't been able to instill any sort of motivation in the day and a half he's had with the players. I hope there's someone on his coaching team that can  kick a few arses at half time. Maybe make them change in the corridor.

• Like 1

Is Sterling on the field ? Should be bringing some "experience" to the side,

Havertz?...why?

When a corner gets above and beyond the first defender I consider it a success!

Is it that hard?....I shudder when Wolves (or any oppo) get a corner and expect a break away when Chelsea get one. We can;t even "defend" our own corners if you follow me.

The gap between the midfield and the attackers is huge.   As are the gaps between the attacking 3.  

He simply HAS to bring Chilwell on.  Cucerella offers nothing going forward, and bringing Chilly on will not only get us higher up the pitch, but it’ll allow Felix to play more centrally.  

I’m really not a fan of resting your best players when we’re on a run like this.  We need momentum.  Kante and Chilwell should be playing.   Kante in particular was apparently brought back slowly and carefully, so surely he now needs minutes for match sharpness? 

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

What's more worrying for me is,  i think most of these players are simply not good enough for a top premiership team. 

For istance. Sterling without City players laying on tap ins is a rather average player. Cucu is just a brainless ball chaser. Gallagher is a squad back up. 3 years on, Havertz continues to flatter to decieve, etc etc etc.

13 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Midfield gets played through too easily, but also can't feed the attack the sort of supply needed. 

I keep reading that Kova is quality and we need to keep him and Enzo is great and must be the future for the club. 

Imho we should have got rid of Kova years ago and I might be in a minority of one, but I also think Enzo has been a very disappointing signing so far. Another midfielder who is does not excell in either half of the pitch 

Edited by boratsbrother