Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I reckon that even at his age Frank would score more than the combined efforts of our current midfield and strikers.

I’m not even jesting. If he laced up his boots and hung around the 18 yard line , he would score more than our front three put together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chara said:

Naah..we need a proven goal scorer....this guy is an unknown quantity.

His first training session he should let multi million dollar players into his little secret  ….  If you lean back like you’re sitting in a deck chair when you shoot, the ball will go skywards.  Imagine their little faces light up when that penny drops!   

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Certainly an interesting chain of events to wake up to this morning. 

Not particularly mad about Frank returning, in ways it could end up being beneficial to both parties. We get a fan favourite back to lift some spirits and ride the remainder of the season out, while Lampard gets kinda a free crack to maybe rebuild a bit of his reputation if he can get a few positive performances and results. 

Also don't mind it from an ownership perspective because it does give us more time to hire the right candidate, something that's pretty damn imperative after how this season has transpired and the mess surrounding Tuchel's dismissal and Potter's appointment. 

Will also be good to get a few Chelsea people back on the staff side of things as well, those that know the standard expected at a club like ours. 

3 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Mason might get played now ….

The bloke misses two games on the trot (if you exclude the four missed courtesy of injury), and somehow a narrative has been built that Potter was freezing him out... 

Bringing in an interim manager till the end of the season looks like we’re keeping the door open for Nagelsmann who likely isn’t in a position to take on a job right away.

It also gives Nagelsmann the option to see where PSG and Real Madrid stand with new manager appointments in the summer.

My guess is that Nagelsmann will choose one of those two over us and that would leave us with Enrique as a fall back option as he’s clearly stated he wants to come to England to manage. 

5 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Bringing in an interim manager till the end of the season looks like we’re keeping the door open for Nagelsmann who likely isn’t in a position to take on a job right away.

It also gives Nagelsmann the option to see where PSG and Real Madrid stand with new manager appointments in the summer.

My guess is that Nagelsmann will choose one of those two over us and that would leave us with Enrique as a fall back option as he’s clearly stated he wants to come to England to manage. 

I’m not sure Enrique would be happy being a fall back option. But I do agree that the club are waiting for Nagelsmann

Edited by Miguelito07

18 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Could also be a way of holding out until other candidates become available, as there's a few other reputable managers that are currently employed but may leave their post in the summer. This would allow ownership to possibly explore those avenues, such as Ancelotti for example. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I’m not sure Enrique would be happy being a fall back option. But I do agree that the club are waiting for Nagelsmann

Well I’ve got a feeling that Nagelsmann will go to Real or PSG over the Summer. So I hope we can convince Enrique that he was always our first choice! 

8 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I do wish some fans would lighten up a bit and not be so down on what the owners are at least trying to do with the rest of this season. The owners know the season is dead (it'll take a football miracle for us to win the CL with this team) and I think all they are trying to do is to lift the awful atmosphere surrounding the club the moment. Try and get the fans more up for the remaining games and hopefully see some attractive football, win some games and leave with a smile on their faces at the end of the games.

Come off it. The season is "dead" precisely because the owners killed it, and the "awful atmosphere" you think they are trying to lift is exactly of their own making.

I'm not going to walk into sea in a state of misery. To a degree, I accept mistakes are made and that people new to roles have to be allowed to make them to learn. But, imo, you call a spade a spade. These guys completely f**ked up and I don't see that being honest about that makes anyone a doom merchant. 

The real hope is that they know themselves they f**ked up and are using that to learn. We won't know for a while, but fingers crossed that is exactly what is happening here with an interim appointment. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

The season is "dead" precisely because the owners killed it

Right on. Nothing to do with the lack of proper training, absense of coherent tactics and even the players' attitude at times. Are you going to blame the owners for shaterring the fragile mental state of those hanging around Cobham because they had to change outside the main changing room? Bless'em.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Right on. Nothing to do with the lack of proper training, absense of coherent tactics and even the players' attitude at times. Are you going to blame the owners for shaterring the fragile mental state of those hanging around Cobham because they had to change outside the main changing room? Bless'em.

lol, this is real commitment to the blokey "modern players are babies" bit.

I wonder ... Is there anything the owners might have done to contribute to all the problems you mention? Hmmm, a real thinker.