Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

59 minutes ago, hallgalley said:

He can’t be he is not on the above list 😃

is he the man to take Chelsea forward ….

Potter couldn't get his message across. 

This bloke doesn't even speak English 🤷🏻‍♂️

There is something about Gallardo that keeps coming up with the job. I mentioned recently that a friend who works in sports data modelling had heard he was a candidate. As it is from leftfield, I can't help but think there is a little substance to him being a serious option the owners are considering.

I believe he spent 6 years as River Plate head coach and based on trophies achieved, is their most successful coach in their history. The South American leagues are quite crazy for hiring and firing, so 6 years at one of the biggest clubs is probably quite an achievement.

It would feel an incredibly risky appointment, given that you would imagine their is a language barrier to overcome too.

His name and reputation as a manager seems to draw some parallels with Jose's reputation when at Porto. It seems a big club in Europe is going to take the plunge on him sooner or later, it just feels like who is going to be the bravest and make that move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

There is something about Gallardo that keeps coming up with the job. I mentioned recently that a friend who works in sports data modelling had heard he was a candidate. As it is from leftfield, I can't help but think there is a little substance to him being a serious option the owners are considering.

I believe he spent 6 years as River Plate head coach and based on trophies achieved, is their most successful coach in their history. The South American leagues are quite crazy for hiring and firing, so 6 years at one of the biggest clubs is probably quite an achievement.

It would feel an incredibly risky appointment, given that you would imagine their is a language barrier to overcome too.

His name and reputation as a manager seems to draw some parallels with Jose's reputation when at Porto. It seems a big club in Europe is going to take the plunge on him sooner or later, it just feels like who is going to be the bravest and make that move.

We don't have the luxury of a punt on him because of the disastrous Potter appointment. It would be an extremely silly move to hire Gallardo, so it's nailed on that we will do so.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RDCW said:

We don't have the luxury of a punt on him because of the disastrous Potter appointment. It would be an extremely silly move to hire Gallardo, so it's nailed on that we will do so.

It'll be another "project" won't it?

Part one of the project "learn to speak English" 

I hope this isn't true , the rumours are making Brendan look a genuine option , at least he knows the mince is all on the pitch here.

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

because they're from the same continent?

I don't see any other similarities. 

I'm not saying we should appoint him, I know nothing about him.

Well the obvious parallels are the same continent,  a similar lack of experience outside the limited local environment, inability to speak English......... beyond that I am as ignorant of him as you are, which is kind of the point. Had we not already punted on an absolute rabbit then maybe he would be someone to have a gamble on, given his success and relative longevity in Argentina, but we need someone well versed in the characteristics of European football and able to communicate to the whole squad, the owners, the fans and the media.

Edited by RDCW
  • Agree 1

Regarding Gallardo, the rumours are all stemming from South America. Anything you see in the British press has been regurgitated from mainly Argentinian media (though one Brazilian outlet has now joined the chorus). It's also fair to say that Gallardo himself may have started some of these 'rumours' given he recently pronounced that he saw the Premier League as his next and obvious challenge. He can't imagine himself managing any other club in Argentina after River Plate, so he's now looking to Europe, and preferably the PL. He's essentially put himself in the shop window and is hoping someone takes a punt on him based on his record on another continent.

7 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

The more I watch this side the more I’m gearing towards Luis Enrique. These players deserved to be put through the mill and he would do that. 

If that's the case , I'm all in , these players are too stupid to have a say , they need to be drilled to death .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/04/2023 at 12:22, RDCW said:

Do you seriously turn down a Lamborghini? 😁😁 Even if it's blue?

awesome-lamborghini-gallardo-in-metallic-blue-photo-gallery-56897_1.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I don't think it was ever on the cards, even if he won every single game. It certainly isn't now. Legend of a player, but still so much to learn as a coach/manager.

I agree 

Was slightly tongue in cheek 

16 hours ago, Ham said:

He needs to stick to punditry.  He's done.

Or take a job ‘upstairs’ at the club, we could really do with some input from some of our winners who understand what being Chelsea is all about, even if the current owners want to scrap it all and start again.

• Like 1

I know this won’t be popular but for me it’s Poch, Conte or even Jose. Proper coaches and you know what you’re getting. Teamwork, aggression  and organisation - the three things I think we are seriously lacking. I’d love Uncle Carlo but that just won’t happen. Will it? 👀

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I know this won’t be popular but for me it’s Poch, Conte or even Jose. Proper coaches and you know what you’re getting. Teamwork, aggression  and organisation - the three things I think we are seriously lacking. I’d love Uncle Carlo but that just won’t happen. Will it? 👀

I'd take Mourinho no problem he's got standards and won't put up with this tripe that they're serving up recently , we might not win anything but we'd be fit and run around with some kind of idea.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have a mate who works as a driver for quite a wealthy family and who own a flat in one of the new developments in Knightsbridge. He's just told me that he saw (and spoke) Vincent Kompany leave the same development building with Egbhali yesterday evening.

• Like 1