Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

46 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Being reported that Vincent Kompany is on a shortlist of 4, please tell me that is not true.

Well it's true and it isn't.

That there is a report saying VK is on a short-list is true. That he actually is on a short-list is less likely to be true (and more than likely pure fabrication based on him having had dinner somewhere in London in the recent past, at a restaurant close to SB or at a table close to TB, or... etc., etc)

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

If we’re going down that road, what on earth has Vincent Kompany got to offer that Frank hasn’t? 🙄

The Media, Jane.... 

My hope is that Todd and Co having been mistaken..along with The Media and the "pundits" regarding GP's abilility being business men will take the lesson and look deeper.

The three apparent serious choices have +/- points of course and VK may well go on to glory but so far it's promotion glory and football history is littered with "Promotion Glory" coaches who shriveled on the EPL vine.

Ignore the "chatter".... I don't care who comes in really as long as he is competent and gets MY club back to a football functioning threat.

Not a Todd and Co fanboy but I feel they genuinely want to change the Chelsea brand for the better long term and we will see painful steps  but they are not in the game for an ego trip much as the Media works hard to convince us they are.

Agendas are shouting out everywhere..as I posted somewhere...the story on line here is how Pulisic is being ignored by Chelsea and is thier one hope of going forward and Frank is the most unsuccessful coach in the history of the game with the list of defeats.which includes two against one of the top World sides and having to do what he can with an uncoached set in a rut squad in what for practical purposes is a few days on the "grass"....

Perspective....there is no blame on Frank....all down to GP...had his chance and came up short...End of,,,

11 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Well it's true and it isn't.

That there is a report saying VK is on a short-list is true. That he actually is on a short-list is less likely to be true (and more than likely pure fabrication based on him having had dinner somewhere in London in the recent past, at a restaurant close to SB or at a table close to TB, or... etc., etc)

I'm sure someone mentioned this before , Burnley were away in London somewhere and he went out to dinner afterwards and so immediately became a candidate for Chelsea , because those clicks aren't gonna click themselves.

5 minutes ago, chara said:

The Media, Jane.... 

My hope is that Todd and Co having been mistaken..along with The Media and the "pundits" regarding GP's abilility being business men will take the lesson and look deeper.

The three apparent serious choices have +/- points of course and VK may well go on to glory but so far it's promotion glory and football history is littered with "Promotion Glory" coaches who shriveled on the EPL vine.

Ignore the "chatter".... I don't care who comes in really as long as he is competent and gets MY club back to a football functioning threat.

Not a Todd and Co fanboy but I feel they genuinely want to change the Chelsea brand for the better long term and we will see painful steps  but they are not in the game for an ego trip much as the Media works hard to convince us they are.

Agendas are shouting out everywhere..as I posted somewhere...the story on line here is how Pulisic is being ignored by Chelsea and is thier one hope of going forward and Frank is the most unsuccessful coach in the history of the game with the list of defeats.which includes two against one of the top World sides and having to do what he can with an uncoached set in a rut squad in what for practical purposes is a few days on the "grass"....

Perspective....there is no blame on Frank....all down to GP...had his chance and came up short...End of,,,

I really have taken my eye off the ball (literally) Chara.  Just remembered that VK has gotten Burnley promoted.  Even so, as you say, not enough to qualify him as our next manager.  Not nearly enough.

40 minutes ago, JaneB said:

If we’re going down that road, what on earth has Vincent Kompany got to offer that Frank hasn’t? 🙄

A championship winners medal.

I'm not saying we should appoint Kompany, but his team have lost 2 games all season, which is highly impresssive.

Can see the pros and cons with Poch. I wouldn't be disappointed or ecstatic.  

How is Nagelsmann out?!?! How.

We look like we've blown it again.

Blown it with Enrique. Blown it with Nagelsmann.

Pochetti-big-fat-NO!!!!! for me.

Forget Lampard appointment - it's an interim.

That Nagelsmann is not coming is devastating. Absolutely devastating.

It's time to go for Boehly's head. This is an absolute mess!

Edited by Max Fowler

There was a time when we could attract the biggest and best managers in the world. Sadly, it's a very bad sign of where we are now that we are reduced to having the likes of Poch as our remaining top choice. At best we are going to become what Spurs have been for decades.🙁

Just now, Max Fowler said:

Soon it's time to go for Boehly's head. This is an absolute mess!

You do understand that it's nothing to do with TB don't you? He's employing people  from our procurement department to interview and recommend coaches to the board 

I would Imagine our lack of European Football and lack of  quality in the squad bar the defence was why he pulled out , not Boehly .

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

There was a time when we could attract the biggest and best managers in the world. Sadly, it's a very bad sign of where we are now that we are reduced to having the likes of Poch as our remaining top choice. At best we are going to become what Spurs have been for decades.🙁

Poch is the worst choice imagineable.

Completely divisive among the fans - he already has an impossible job getting this club to work.

What the hell did Todd say to Nagelsmann to put him off? 

That he needs to be "collaborative"?!?! Enough of this ego-driven nonsense.

How did we sack Tuchel and we are now left in this mess.

This is really devastating news.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You do understand that it's nothing to do with TB don't you? He's employing people  from our procurement department to interview and recommend coaches to the board 

I would Imagine our lack of European Football and lack of  quality in the squad bar the defence was why he pulled out , not Boehly .

Maybe I don't.

But maybe there's no smoke without fire and he thinks he doesn't want to work with this chump!

Given reports he is in the dressing room after every single game. Boehly OUT!!!

Edited by Max Fowler

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Soon it's time to go for Boehly's head. This is an absolute mess!

Fully agree with your every word there!

This really is going to be a devastating setback which is going to hold us back for years. I also second your wish for these clearly out of their depth owners to go asp. 

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

A championship winners medal.

I'm not saying we should appoint Kompany, but his team have lost 2 games all season, which is highly impresssive.

Can see the pros and cons with Poch. I wouldn't be disappointed or ecstatic.  

Yes I realise that now, as I said to Chara above.  But he would be another 'next best thing' coach and look what happened with Potter 😞 

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Completely divisive among the fans - he already has an impossible job getting this club to work.

Todd probably said absolutely nothing Max , having four directors conducting the interviewing process .

You're not going to go off on another " OMG Potter out" style  bender are you? 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

Fully agree with your every word there!

This really is going to be a devastating setback which is going to hold us back for years. I also second your wish for these clearly out of their depth owners to go asp. 

Can we move back in for Enrique?

I feel like if we get Enrique this situation might still be just about salvageable...

For me I'd rather go with a complete unknown like the Sporting guy than Poch

We do not need an ex-Spurs manager in at this time

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Todd probably said absolutely nothing Max , having four directors conducting the interviewing process .

You're not going to go off on another " OMG Potter out" style  bender are you? 

Alright I'll calm it down now.

But do you seriously think one of the reasons Nagelsmann said no might not have been reservations about working with Boehly?!

8 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Are you James Prescott in disguise?

• Haha 1