Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

I find it unfathomable to imagine Nagelsmann didn't want to come because of lack of European football.

It's an unbelievable opportunity next season to just focus on the Premier League as a manager.

We're not going to be burdened by playing in the Europa league etc.

Clearly there is something else going on here!!!!

Just now, Max Fowler said:

Alright I'll calm it down now.

But do you seriously think one of the reasons Nagelsmann said no might not have been reservations about working with Boehly?!

Of course it's possible but we have to remember in all this that the media are absolutely loving having a dumb yank at the club and are determined to mis represent any action of Boehly's.

Lets take the article (story) of Boehly visiting the dressing room for a rant that made some of the players and one in particular disgruntled. Both Lampard and Kepa said they had no issue with it and Silva who has already complained himself about various Boehly related issues said that Boehly always comes into the dressing room post match to chat to the players and see how they are.

See how they are  not rant at them.

I would imagine Boehly knows he made mistakes , probably listening to the media who convinced him Potter was the coming man and in buying too many players at once when he should have shipped more out but other than that its not been half as chaotic as it was when he first bought the club , had no help and had to employ players and staff immediately to get by .

Its been crap this year but having a coach who wasn't any good has been the main mistake .

15 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Yes I realise that now, as I said to Chara above.  But he would be another 'next best thing' coach and look what happened with Potter 😞 

which I was I said I don't think we should appoint him. However, he has won a lot of praise for what he has done so far. Personally, I think he'd mad to take another job right now, much in the same way the Chelsea job came too early for Lampard. One wonders what might have been of Frank's managerial career had he stuck with Derby for another season or two, learning the trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Of course it's possible but we have to remember in all this that the media are absolutely loving having a dumb yank at the club and are determined to mis represent any action of Boehly's.

Lets take the article (story) of Boehly visiting the dressing room for a rant that made some of the players and one in particular disgruntled. Both Lampard and Kepa said they had no issue with it and Silva who has already complained himself about various Boehly related issues said that Boehly always comes into the dressing room post match to chat to the players and see how they are.

See how they are  not rant at them.

I would imagine Boehly knows he made mistakes , probably listening to the media who convinced him Potter was the coming man and in buying too many players at once when he should have shipped more out but other than that its not been half as chaotic as it was when he first bought the club , had no help and had to employ players and staff immediately to get by .

Its been crap this year but having a coach who wasn't any good has been the main mistake .

Do you really think Lampard has any choice but to say "he doesn't mind" Boehly being in the dressing room after games?!

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

JUST GIVE HIM THE JOB! You did it with Potter.

Appointing someone without a robust recruitment process went terribly last time, but let's repeat it anyway!

Mate, take an hour or two away from your keyboard. They are reports from sourced you can't trust about things we have no idea actually happened.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

JUST GIVE HIM THE JOB! You did it with Potter.

Do you really think Lampard has any choice but to say "he doesn't mind" Boehly being in the dressing room after games?!

You picked that bit out of my whole reply ? Come on Max . 

Don't these Yankees know that in a lot of Europe, decisions are made in private, and outside of the formal decision-making process? The formalities are simply for announcement purposes. That way, nobody's pride is damaged by losing the contest.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You picked that bit out of my whole reply ? Come on Max . 

I mean I appreciate what you are saying Mark but I think the players and staff have to speak well of Boehly.
It's the same argument with Potter and what they were saying about him before he left.

Edited by Max Fowler

"Chelsea hope to announce their new permanent head coach before the end of the season after narrowing their search down with Julian Nagelsmann no longer expected to be in the running.

Burnley coach Vincent Kompany has joined Mauricio Pochettino and a secret further option, yet to be determined, on the wishlist." (Athletic)

Who do you think is the fourth option?!

How have I been left with a list where my clear favourite is Pochettino.

Kompany?!?!?! How is he even in consideration after Potter!!!!!

We all know the "secret further option" should be JOSE MOURINHO!!!

"Chelsea hope to announce their new permanent head coach before the end of the season after narrowing their search down with Julian Nagelsmann no longer expected to be in the running.

Burnley coach Vincent Kompany has joined Mauricio Pochettino and a secret further option, yet to be determined, on the wishlist." (Athletic)

Apparently it's another German , bit of an unknown quantity called Praham Gotter.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I'd sooner this ....

Sir Topham Hatt 1986.jpg

Isn't he scouse?

Reports emanating now suggesting the board didn't want Nagelsmann, not that he turned us down. Truth is, nobody knows, but I am glad the club appear to be taking their time.