Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Look, if it's Pochettino or Kompany we have to go for Pochettino. 

1 million percent every day of the week.

Let's get behind Poch and see what he can do - 

We have our reservations but he's better than going for another completely untested manager.

Maybe I'm a dreamer, maybe Emery or another elite candidate isn't an option but I just can't settle that these are the only two. Keep the faith Max, I implore you, don't let the sorry excuse of a leadership team wear you down like that.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I adored Jose but he isn't the man he was 20 years ago and we aren't the club.  Having him back a third time would be a nonsense.  Just like hoping that Frank could become a great Chelsea manager because he was our greatest ever player (and I say that with deep sorrow).

Mind you, I wonder if Jose AND Frank could work.....

I was thinking more along the lines of Jose and JT! 

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well yes, could be.  But I always had this fantasy of Frank working with a proven manager and then taking over.

With you here Jane, I can't stand the idea of Jose and a CB joining forces... we'd be the first team in the league to try a 6321 formation!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well yes, could be.  But I always had this fantasy of Frank working with a proven manager and then taking over.

I don't think Frank wants to be a no 2.

He believes he's capable of being a successful manager but me personally I think he should knock on the head and be a pundit that is always pro us.

1 minute ago, Blue Kratos said:

I don't think Frank wants to be a no 2.

He believes he's capable of being a successful manager but me personally I think he should knock on the head and be a pundit that is always pro us.

I think Frank is stubborn.

There would have been no shame in being a No 2 to start with.

I actually thought he would go straight into punditry but I do admire him for giving management a go.

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I think Frank is stubborn.

There would have been no shame in being a No 2 to start with.

I actually thought he would go straight into punditry but I do admire him for giving management a go.

I really hope that him taking this job is like finishing up your playing career at your boyhood club. He's given it a good go, tried his best but it's not working for him and I don't see him wanting to stick at a Championship level for the rest of his time. 

Looking forward to Micah giving him a warm embrace as he comes to his true calling.

A Media sponsored and encouraged fire storm.... almost too easy for them and beats a day at work actually working.

My "gut feeling"..akin to reading entails of course...was iffy about Nagelsmann,,,maybe it's the nn in his name!

No  issue with Poch and I have no real issue with the spuds connection...for all the Jose talk there has been absolutely no reference to his OT and spuds later connection...no way does any of that make any difference to what we think about his Chelsea glory days...and if anyone comes in and does a good job we all would appreciate it.

(Of course TFSW is a different issue altogether!)

Chelsea..and any club ..Appoint Coaches...if offered the position a coach can accept or decline...not the Media pushed view that a coach regally offers his services as a favour to any club then sniffs in disdain if his offer is not grasped with both hands and grovelling  gratitude and humble forelock touching.

Brenda ?..no thanks Kompany?..no thanks...

We don't need a calming influence to steady the ship..we need a hard working top coach to start a new way forward  (Never got the impression that GP was a "worker")

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

It really surprises me that so many would want Mourinho. I remain a big fan, but for achievements that are very much in the past. He's had an incredible 20 years as a manager, but it's really clear he has had his peak.  And even within that successful period, he has no real pedigree for inheriting a mishmash of players and turning them into even a moderate force. He is the final piece of a puzzle, not the first or last. Just a really poor fit for where we are, imo.

Not arguing per se but isn't that exactily what he's doing at Roma? They were third until the famously corrupt Italian football authorities gave Juventus their points back , won a trophy last season and are in the semi finals this year too. I also understand he's brought the age of the side down by utilising the youth players at his disposal too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not arguing per se but isn't that exactily what he's doing at Roma? They were third until the famously corrupt Italian football authorities gave Juventus their points back , won a trophy last season and are in the semi finals this year too. I also understand he's brought the age of the side down by utilising the youth players at his disposal too. 

Perhaps, can't say I'm following it all that closely. Still think it's fair to say its not what he has have ever been known for or what you'd expect to come up if you asked people for his strengths.

I have just watched the video of him mugging off Feyenoord's manager last night, so let me reiterate I love the guy!