Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

ridiger & Christensen delivered top for every season. The new two are delivering 11th so they are neither an upgrade or the same level. 

They also left before we bought their replacements.

Christensen wouldn't deliver if he was a postman.

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Win percentages, especially with weaker sides don't tell the whole story.

I agree Paul, no single stat will ever tell the whole story (unless you're Droy trying to prove the theory of everything using xG) however I just don't see the progression that suggests he can turn the fortunes of a juggernaut around. I believe you need a degree from the university of life before you take one of the top jobs in the world, especially when that job is as effed up as it with us.

20 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm sure someone mentioned this before , Burnley were away in London somewhere and he went out to dinner afterwards and so immediately became a candidate for Chelsea , because those clicks aren't gonna click themselves.

And now he's second in the race behind MoPo if you believe the bookies.

One thing though, you do realise that his assistant is Craig Bellamy? Another reason for the rest of the league to hate us... I say go for it, especially if the alternative is the Argie bargie.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Harsh on Christensen!

Up until his contract issues became a problem, him and Rudi were as good as CB pairing as any in the league!

Btw. The Chelsea Chronicle is saying we are interested in Feyenoords manager Arne Slot. Apparently, he has an ultra attacking style of play, which sounds good to me.  But it also sounds like  a bad match for a team with strikers who can't hit a barn door with a banjo and midfielders who score once a year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

They also left before we bought their replacements.

I suspect that you favourite team Marina and Co had already lined up replacement, unfortunately the TB ego didn’t want them around. Hence TB spinning £100m an import from Napoli who was 3 - 5 past his sell buy date and a young French U21 with potential but injury prone 

36 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I suspect that you favourite team Marina and Co had already lined up replacement, unfortunately the TB ego didn’t want them around. Hence TB spinning £100m an import from Napoli who was 3 - 5 past his sell buy date and a young French U21 with potential but injury prone 

Apparently Marina and Co hadn't done anything at all for months and by accounts I have read Marina and Buck weren't ever likely to stay because of their links to the previous regime prior to the takeover and post sanctions.

Cech decided he'd cut ties with the club as everything had changed 

Koulibaly by all accounts had been a club target for years. 

Fofana is a quality centre half vastly superior to Christensen. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently Marina and Co hadn't done anything at all for months and by accounts I have read Marina and Buck weren't ever likely to stay because of their links to the previous regime prior to the takeover and post sanctions.

Cech decided he'd cut ties with the club as everything had changed 

Koulibaly by all accounts had been a club target for years. 

Fofana is a quality centre half vastly superior to Christensen. 

Agree 100%

During sanctions - and long before we knew who the new owners would be - stories were emerging from other clubs who had players on loan from Chelsea that all lines of communication were cut. No replies to emails, phone calls, faxes... nothing. I recall one club manager/director saying something along the lines of "it wasn't a case of them saying 'sorry, we can't discuss anything because of the sanctions', it was just absolute silence."

I read Buck had already lost a lot of trust amongst other chairmen following on from the Super League fiasco. Just a few days before it was announced, he'd assured many of them that CFC was wholly opposed to the scheme. That we were one of the last to join and first to leave cut no ice... he was no longer a man whose word could be relied upon. As for Marina; she was always likely to leave due to how close she was to Abramovich, and not just because of how her staying might impact on-going sanctions on the club. Whatever the circumstances, she was never likely to stay very long in a non-Abramovich owned Chelsea.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

And now he's second in the race behind MoPo if you believe the bookies.

One thing though, you do realise that his assistant is Craig Bellamy? Another reason for the rest of the league to hate us... I say go for it, especially if the alternative is the Argie bargie.

One major reason to not have Kompany anywhere near us, because of that little rat-faced ***t.

Hope he stays bankrupt for years!

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

So the third manager is Ange Postecoglu

Pochettino

Kompany

Postecoglu

That is an absolutely abysmal shortlist right there. I’d much rather get Steve Holland than any of those 3. Or Jose, Zidane, Conte, Simeone for that matter. I’d actually rather have bloody Brendan than 2 of that shortlist, that’s how crap it is. We are literally better off staying with Frank. Pochettino is a toxic disaster waiting to happen. The other 2 will be worse than Potter.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Pochettino

Kompany

Postecoglu

That is an absolutely abysmal shortlist right there. I’d much rather get Steve Holland than any of those 3. Or Jose, Zidane, Conte, Simeone for that matter. I’d actually rather have bloody Brendan than 2 of that shortlist, that’s how crap it is. We are literally better off staying with Frank. Pochettino is a toxic disaster waiting to happen. The other 2 will be worse than Potter.

I understand your concern but any one of them will be better than Potter or Frank. 

I'm confident it'll be Poch and we'll be all the better for it, we will at least be hard to beat which will be a step up from the weaklings we're used to watching. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

I understand your concern but any one of them will be better than Potter or Frank. 

I'm confident it'll be Poch and we'll be all the better for it, we will at least be hard to beat which will be a step up from the weaklings we're used to watching. 

Yes, I think of the three, Pochettinho looks like the most likely. Unless Real Madrid step in and turn his head. Then we’d be back to square one as I doubt the other two are serious contenders.

Maybe don't listen to journalists reporting Kompany and Postecoglu are under consideration when they're the same ones reporting Nagelsmann was virtually certain? Every single time ... These guys are largely making it up, and have to keep making up "developments" to account for their previously made up stuff being exposed.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Is it bad that I've never heard of Ange Postecoglu?

I have a friend who is a Spurs supporter and she's absolutely devastated that Poch might be coming to Chelsea.  Says he belongs to them!!

@xceleryx might be slightly disheartened... he's posted many a time advocating Postecoglu. It might suggest you don't bother reading other people's posts (other than those from a select few here) 😉

In a way, the fact that we appear to have had doubts about Nagelsmann despite the close links between him and members of our current set up, bodes well. It at least shows that we’re being objective about the process of choosing a new manager rather than going with someone they’re familiar with. Maybe the fact they’ve worked close up with him means they know his strengths and weaknesses too.

If it’s Pochettino then I’m happy with that given that the only other serious contender was Enrique and Pochettinho is actually more experienced and knows the Premier league as well. The fact that he used to manage Spurs is irrelevant to me. 

• Agree 2