Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

There wont be, and why would you even think there would?

Do yo think because he was spurs manager fans will rebel?

I think most fans are intelligent enough to realise we are in trouble and will welcome any manager that can get us out of this mess with open arms.

Jesus we're not about to employ a child molester!.

I am guilty of getting carried away over my dissappointment of who we are left with as choice for next manager. 

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Sources are saying JN pulled out because of "serious concerns over recruitment policy."

The Daily Mail are saying JN pulled out because he was under the impression the job was his and not that the club were interviewing other candidates and he didn't like it.

This is all part of the reason I am waiting for something more official. Journalists have the difficult problem of having to file stories while having absolutely no idea what is going on. In essence, they are being required to infer it from limited information (i.e. make it up). Unfortunately, they are never held to account for any damage they do. 

• Agree 3

31 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

This is all part of the reason I am waiting for something more official. Journalists have the difficult problem of having to file stories while having absolutely no idea what is going on. In essence, they are being required to infer it from limited information (i.e. make it up). Unfortunately, they are never held to account for any damage they do. 

It's like the game Chinese whispers , one will hear something , embellish it ,an idiot ITK account on twitter will tweet it ,  someone in Italy will see  it , write an article , the Sun will copy  it , the Daily Mail will then quote it verbatim and voila the truth is out there 

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's like the game Chinese whispers , one will hear something , embellish it ,an idiot ITK account on twitter will tweet it ,  someone in Italy will see  it , write an article , the Sun will copy  it , the Daily Mail will then quote it verbatim and voila the truth is out there 

Football “journalism”. Easiest job in the world. 

• Haha 1

I'm hearing from a friend, that Nagelsmann wants the Madrid job and regardless of that we weren't convinced by him, in any way. There was a felling that, to quote my friend 'He is an arrogant prick' and it didn't go down well with some members of the board. 

The Celtic manager and Kompany are pure paper talk and there have been no talks with either.

It was always going to be Enrique, Nagelsmann or Pochettino and after speaking to all all three Pochettino became the absolute first choice.

It's going to be Pochettino, I would be shocked if it was anyone else at this stage. I think it's a good appointment and I think, of all available options, it's the most sensible one for where we currently are with our rebuild.

The next questions are, when will the club announce it and when will he start?

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

There are some on here (myself included)  who think it's sad jokd that we've ended up with him as our best choice.

Well, unless you are going on Wednesday and can make yourself heard, it wont make any difference.

I haven't spoken to a single real person who is against Poch.

Hoddle was a Spurs man when we appointed him, and he was arguably one of the most important appointments in our modern history 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Let's say we appoint someone this week do people think we will/should cut short Frank's interim appointment and get them in now? Or wait until Summer? Or a hybrid of the two?

Assuming it is someone currently unemployed of course

I assume anyone signing a contract with us before the end of the season will be "working", just not on the training pitch. Lots of other work for an incoming coach to get on with.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I assume anyone signing a contract with us before the end of the season will be "working", just not on the training pitch. Lots of other work for an incoming coach to get on with.

I would assume they won't be twiddling their thumbs, but that is not exactly what I was asking

Given Pochettino was being considered when we appointed Potter to replace Tuchel, I wonder how the season would have gone had we appointed him in the first place? Would we now be looking for someone to replace him? And how must Pochettino be feeling now, being the front-runner for a job he was deemed not good enough some seven or eight months ago?

BTW, I've nothing against Pochettino, and think if allowed to coach with little to no meddling from 'above' will probably do a good job of moulding  a disparate group of players into a team that work for each other.

15 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Let's say we appoint someone this week do people think we will/should cut short Frank's interim appointment and get them in now? Or wait until Summer? Or a hybrid of the two?

Assuming it is someone currently unemployed of course

I cant see the new manager coming in now. 

Given there is only a month remaining in the league, and it will take a little (or a lot) of negotiation of terms and the almost legendary delays of the legal  profession, there is probably not a lot of time before the summer.

41 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I haven't spoken to a single real person who is against Poch.

I'm real.

Actually, I've had to soften my stance on Pochettino in the last few days, based on the increasing likelihood of him getting the job and us all needing to get behind whoever it is.

My reticence is to do with an assumption that, if it does go wrong early, I think it will go south very quickly and toxically, as his Spurs allegiances are dragged up. Just have to hope he has a good start. He did do very well at Southampton and Spurs to be fair.

Only a quick run through this morning but from what I can gather the N mann was not as convincing face to face as the picture Media presented to us.

A "disagreement" about recruiting etc ?...although as far as I can see it was used by the media to "Todd and Co" bash.. is just as likely to have been "I want players  x y z etc or else"  not a good approach and helps me come to terms with my unsubstantiated gut feeling against him..no logic involved...and again media fanned so iffy...and ruffled ego because other candidates in the frame?

If it is Poch and he does a good job no one will have any issue with the spuds connection and if he doesn't work out the spuds issue will just be an added dig..not the reason for less than success.

For all our Tribalism and spuds disdain Poch has managed a top club...not the top club but always there abouts and a CL Final...not to be disregarded. Pep too reached a CL Final and lost!