Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Come on! I confess. And yes, I know crusifiction is popular around these days, but please note my argument: NOT  as a long-term manager but for the rest of the season only!!

Are there ANY way of forgiveness or do I have to close my account 🤣🥺🤣🥺🤣🥺

Stick to your guns son..... this is a Forum of FREE SPEECH not PC correctness!

Having said that I've already got my pitchfork and passport at the ready!😁

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, chrisb said:

If we were back in the Middle Ages you’d have been burnt at the stake for being a heretic!

Since we’re not, you’ll need to go and sit on the naughty step and think about what you did!

Love you too 🙂 🙂

I'm 1/8 British and can take almost any sort of your humour, Black-adderish or Baldrick'ish 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Love you too 🙂 🙂

I'm 1/8 British and can take almost any sort of your humour, Black-adderish or Baldrick'ish 🙂

Wildly off topic but I have to say I am somewhat Scandinavian obsessed 🤩 Love watching all the winter sports on Eurosport.  Is Johannes Tignes Boe a superstar in Norway? 🇳🇴

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Vivell worked with Nags at Leipzig. Surely that helps!

You'd have thought.

3 years younger than Thiago! 

Edit - where I live, the sun came out today, for what felt like the first time in months. Coincidence? No chance. 

Edited by paulw66

11 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Wildly off topic but I have to say I am somewhat Scandinavian obsessed 🤩 Love watching all the winter sports on Eurosport.  Is Johannes Tignes Boe a superstar in Norway? 🇳🇴

Oh, he is. A real hero across the country. Sharp shooter too,  so maybe he would make it as a striker in our squad 🙂 🙂

Edited by asvaberg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I have absolutely no idea who our next manager should be, but from the list, I know a few I don’t want.

Bielsa is the strange guy who sits on his own seat, no.

Brendan Rodgers, no.  Would be a ridiculous appointment.

De Zerbi, I think we’ve learnt that lesson, no.

ZZ, can’t take to him, no.

Conte, too disruptive and didn’t behave well leaving the club, no.

GS? Maybe with Steve Holland, but actually, no.

JT or FL.  Frank won’t come back and JT has zero experience as a manager, no.

Jose, adored him but his time has passed, no.

🤷‍♀️

Is there anyone left?

I was so against Pochettino when we sacked Tuchel but it was more to do with football tribalism and his time at Tottenham. I hate everything to do with that club.

However, the more I think about it, the more I look back at that team he built there, although I always joke that he bottled the league the year Leicester won it and bottled the champions league final, along with failing to win the league with PSG, the more I think he would do a very good job here.

Putting aside my hatred for them, which is very difficult that team was very good and he built it on a shoestring budget with very little backing. He improved literally every single player in the squad, played some excellent football and they were very hard to beat and horrible to play against, when needed. If they had backed him that summer after the champions league final who knows what he could have achieved.

He ticks every box, apart from being successful but where we are right now, needing a rebuild, even if we have the most of the pieces in place it needs someone to put it together, he could be the perfect man.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I was so against Pochettino when we sacked Tuchel but it was more to do with football tribalism and his time at Tottenham. I hate everything to do with that club.

However, the more I think about it, the more I look back at that team he built there, although I always joke that he bottled the league the year Leicester won it and bottled the champions league final, along with failing to win the league with PSG, the more I think he would do a very good job here.

Putting aside my hatred for them, which is very difficult that team was very good and he built it on a shoestring budget with very little backing. He improved literally every single player in the squad, played some excellent football and they were very hard to beat and horrible to play against, when needed. If they had backed him that summer after the champions league final who knows what he could have achieved.

He ticks every box, apart from being successful but where we are right now, needing a rebuild, even if we have the most of the pieces in place it needs someone to put it together, he could be the perfect man.

I do think if Nagelsmann doesn't fancy it then we should try Poch, I'd love to see some hard tackling nastiness. We'd have three players sent off every week but it'd be fun. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I think what you have posted here is the crux really for why anyone would be anti Poch. 
He clearly did a great job there.

Generally, I don’t care about reputations at our rivals. I draw the line at scouse legends rocking up here and could not get behind that. I’m ok with anything else though.

It’s about what is best for Chelsea and I can’t let tribalism affect that. Poch has to be a serious option and one I can get onboard with. I don’t really see any negatives with him. 

12 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

No, no, and no.
As soon as things turn sour we're left with a Spurs manager in the dugout.
Recipe for disaster -
"He bottled the league the year Leicester won it and bottled the champions league final, along with failing to win the league with PSG" - CORRECT! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

No, no, and no.
Recipe for disaster -
"He bottled the league the year Leicester won it and bottled the champions league final, along with failing to win the league with PSG" - CORRECT! 

I think we bottled the league for them 🙂 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

No, no, and no.
Recipe for disaster -

If Nagelsmann doesn't want it though who would you like Max? 

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

No, no, and no.
Recipe for disaster -

He won the league with PSG….not that it means much.

Most teams bottled it the year Leicester won it. Arsenal probably should have won it that year, but messed it up to.

For me it comes down to Enrique, Poch, Simeone and Nagelsmann. I suspect that Simeone is unlikely to leave his current location, would Enrique want to leave his current role and would he be allowed to?@Max Fowler has summarised my concerns about Poch … and that leaves Nagelsmann. Nailed on (sorry … pun for German speakers) certainty. Unless Enrique wants it. He has the pedigree …. 

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

Most teams bottled it the year Leicester won it. Arsenal probably should have won it that year, but messed it up to.

Honestly my biggest concern is not him as a manager. It's that he is the ex-Spurs manager.

Always is. Always will be. Never will be ours for the next decade.

Let's leave it to Spurs to nick our ex-managers and fail in the process.

How well has that worked out for them? Not at all. Terrible cultural fit.

I’d give up if we go for Nagelsmann when Luis Enrique is willing to come to the Premier League. After what we went through with Potter I’d be amazed if we made the same mistake of going for a youthful, over-hyped coach. It’s not as if Bayern Munich didn’t sack him for a reason. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Original 21 said:

I’d give up if we go for Nagelsmann when Luis Enrique is willing to come to the Premier League. After what we went through with Potter I’d be amazed if we made the same mistake of going for a youthful, over-hyped coach. It’s not as if Bayern Munich didn’t sack him for a reason. 

Listen to interviews with him. I think he has far more gravitas than Potter.

He's got that slight edge to him - when he speaks - you listen.

I thought he was a complete loser until I listened to him open his mouth.

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Honestly my biggest concern is not him as a manager. It's that he is the ex-Spurs manager.

Always is. Always will be. Never will be ours for the next decade.

Let's leave it to Spurs to nick our ex-managers and fail in the process.

How well has that worked out for them? Not at all. Terrible cultural fit.

I don’t even know what this means though. We had Glenn Hoddle as manager years back, he was a spurs legend!

It really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. He took that job cos it was an upgrade on the good work he done at Southampton. It’s not like he is from the area and grew up supporting them! 

3 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I don’t even know what this means though. We had Glenn Hoddle as manager years back, he was a spurs legend!

It really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. He took that job cos it was an upgrade on the good work he done at Southampton. It’s not like he is from the area and grew up supporting them! 

It's a different time now. 
Rumours are Poch doesn't want the Chelsea job anyway because of the links.

Look I'm going to shamelessly move the goalposts and switch to his qualities -

Most overrated manager of the last decade BY FAR. He has nothing about him to succeed at the highest level. Nothing. He's another overhyped bottle job who has the charisma of a wet flanel. No wonder he can't win anything.

Couldn't win the league with PSG? An absolute joke!!!

Anyone for me but Poch. Literally anyone. 

I'd easily take Bielsa or even Postecoglou. My 96 year old nan would do a better job.

14 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

But he also bottled the league the previous season with PSG.

That really is an impossible feed of bottle jobbery.

Edited by Max Fowler