Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

One could argue that considering how dreadfully the RA Sports department elite players are doing they should be getting more of an opportunity. 

But are RA sports dept players so bad? - the stats say they were performing better putting scores on the doors even if they were un-coached,  before the TB sports department influx in January

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mind you when you're blaming them for losing against the majesty of Brentford when only one player signed in January played it's unlikely you'd consider that to be the case. 

4-5 of TB sports department January recruitments finished the game without any improvement 

Not really sure what your point is?

Edited by ROTG

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

But are RA sports dept players so bad? - the stats say they were performing better putting scores on the doors even if they were un-coached,  before the TB sports department influx in January

4-5 of TB sports department January recruitments finished the game without any improvement 

The players of the RA sports department have been utterly pathetic this season, by every metric possible to measure a player by they have come up short. 

They were terrible pre-season, mediocre whilst under Tuchel and shocking under Potter and laughable under Lampard.

None of that has anything to do with the players TB bought in January and yet for some reason you believe it's entirely their fault. 

My point is to keep parroting TB Sports department everytime we lose a game is removing any blame for the utter dross this side has served up this season. 

Mudryk gets changed in an ante room and the sky falls in. 

9 hours ago, ROTG said:

I admire you going all Droy-esque and creating your own "standing in the right spots" routine, but you're bending more things to suit yourself than a sheet metal fabricator. 

Four (4) players signed under the "TB sports department" have played more than 1000 Premier League minutes this season - one of those (Enzo) arrived in January and arguably been our best player since. The rest were summer signings (Koulibaly, Cucurella, and Sterling). Other than Sterling (28), Koulibaly (31) and Cucurella (24), the rest are all under the age of 22 and with a wider eye to the future. Not all necessarily intended to be making decisive impacts this season. 

That leaves a remaining twelve (12) players that've logged 1000 league minutes this season that were either academy graduates under the "RA Sports Department (James, Mount, Gallagher, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek), or signed under their tenure (Havertz, Kepa, Thiago Silva, Kovacic, Jorginho, Chilwell and Azpilicueta). 

Now I'm no math wizard, but it does appear those that've played a telling number of minutes this season are all ones that've been here well before the TB establishment arrived - and this doesn't even include the shining beacons of under-performing Pulisic and Ziyech.

To try and spin this season's struggles solely on the TB sports department and the players they've signed is comical, when quite clearly there's been a healthy hand of RA sports department figures who'e been just as woefully inept - and not just this alone mind you. Much less in games where the sides fielded have largely been made up of RA recruits.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The players of the RA sports department have been utterly pathetic this season, by every metric possible to measure a player by they have come up short. 

They were terrible pre-season, mediocre whilst under Tuchel and shocking under Potter and laughable under Lampard.

None of that has anything to do with the players TB bought in January and yet for some reason you believe it's entirely their fault. 

My point is to keep parroting TB Sports department everytime we lose a game is removing any blame for the utter dross this side has served up this season. 

Mudryk gets changed in an ante room and the sky falls in. 

You are 100% right the RA sporting department and players never delivered anything this season even though some of the key players have had serious injuries during the first half of the season. Its also obvious that there has been zero impact on the squad from the January acquisitions  hence until the end of the January transfer window the team played 20 PL games for 29pts with GF 22.  Form to date played 32 PL games for 39pts with GF 30

January recruitment was about egos and the power bestowed upon the TB sporting department, resulting in a dressing room of individuals with no idea what their roles and responsibilities and existing group of players saying WTF?

If those recruited in January for were for the future, why did the club wait until the summer, the likes of Enzo were going nowhere. "maybe it a case the TB sports department are smarter than I thought and knew there was a  tsunami heading the clubs way"

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

You are 100% right the RA sporting department and players never delivered anything this season even though some of the key players have had serious injuries during the first half of the season. Its also obvious that there has been zero impact on the squad from the January acquisitions  hence until the end of the January transfer window the team played 20 PL games for 29pts with GF 22.  Form to date played 32 PL games for 39pts with GF 30

January recruitment was about egos and the power bestowed upon the TB sporting department, resulting in a dressing room of individuals with no idea what their roles and responsibilities and existing group of players saying WTF?

If those recruited in January for were for the future, why did the club wait until the summer, the likes of Enzo were going nowhere. "maybe it a case the TB sports department are smarter than I thought and knew there was a  tsunami heading the clubs way"

It's been documented that the governing body are going to close the loophole in amortization that TB has exploited in the summer , so I'd imagine that's the driving force behind it .

I think if we are looking at things level headedly then there are some decent players that TB has bought , Badiashille  looks good , Mudryk will be a good acquisition , Enzo is a class act , Santos looks excellent form.clips I've seen of him in Brazil and Mudueke has shown some real promise. They're raw but with some proper coaching ...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

I admire you going all Droy-esque and creating your own "standing in the right spots" routine, but you're bending more things to suit yourself than a sheet metal fabricator. 

Four (4) players signed under the "TB sports department" have played more than 1000 Premier League minutes this season - one of those (Enzo) arrived in January and arguably been our best player since. The rest were summer signings (Koulibaly, Cucurella, and Sterling). Other than Sterling (28), Koulibaly (31) and Cucurella (24), the rest are all under the age of 22 and with a wider eye to the future. Not all necessarily intended to be making decisive impacts this season. 

That leaves a remaining twelve (12) players that've logged 1000 league minutes this season that were either academy graduates under the "RA Sports Department (James, Mount, Gallagher, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek), or signed under their tenure (Havertz, Kepa, Thiago Silva, Kovacic, Jorginho, Chilwell and Azpilicueta). 

Now I'm no math wizard, but it does appear those that've played a telling number of minutes this season are all ones that've been here well before the TB establishment arrived - and this doesn't even include the shining beacons of under-performing Pulisic and Ziyech.

To try and spin this season's struggles solely on the TB sports department and the players they've signed is comical, when quite clearly there's been a healthy hand of RA sports department figures who'e been just as woefully inept - and not just this alone mind you. Much less in games where the sides fielded have largely been made up of RA recruits.

Are you not the one who continually writes chapter and verse about the squads shortfalls without any real substance.

Up to Jan transfer window the club was on a mid 50's points trajectory, post January and a bloated squad with no player having an idea what the future holds we be luck to get 44 points. "If i remember you were one of several who  mocked for predicting  such a low target"

Coached or un-coached the team has fallen off a cliff post January which is solely down to over inflated egos of TB sports department. One can only hope the when the new man get in place he can slow down and try and turn this rudderless ship. There current model being put together by TB sporting dept in more akin to Everton than any of these so called well run mid table teams, who themselves eventually fall off a cliff due to there selling of assets Southampton & Leicester come to mind

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's been documented that the governing body are going to close the loophole in amortization that TB has exploited in the summer , so I'd imagine that's the driving force behind it .

The club could have played the same trick in the summer, it only came to light because of the signings TB made

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The club could have played the same trick in the summer, it only came to light because of the signings TB made

No, it only came to light because of the length of the contracts. 

As for last summer, TB was doing everything on his own he signed as many as humanly possible in the short space of time he had. 

15 hours ago, ROTG said:

Are you not the one who continually writes chapter and verse about the squads shortfalls without any real substance.

Oh, so you think we're a squad littered with creativity, intelligence, defensive grit, expansive passing, and leadership? I mean, it would be on brand. Next you'll be trying to convince us the world is flat.

15 hours ago, ROTG said:

Up to Jan transfer window the club was on a mid 50's points trajectory, post January and a bloated squad with no player having an idea what the future holds we be luck to get 44 points. "If i remember you were one of several who  mocked for predicting  such a low target"

From opening round on August 6th to January 1st, 2023 we had played 15 games in which we amassed 24 points and sat 9th. 6 of those rounds were completed by Tuchel, who left us 7th with 10 points. So in 9 rounds under Potter we had collected 14 points total out of a maximum 27, good enough for 8th in the table during that period. While a bloated squad may have impeded certain aspects later on, it's not why the wheels fell off either. We were struggling under Potter BEFORE January had even hit. 

As for mocking such a low target, wrong person my friend. As someone that predicted us having the capabilities of finishing 7th or so before the season begun, I'm barely stunned this capitulation has happened given the writing was on the walls before a ball had been kicked. 

16 hours ago, ROTG said:

Coached or un-coached the team has fallen off a cliff post January which is solely down to over inflated egos of TB sports department. One can only hope the when the new man get in place he can slow down and try and turn this rudderless ship. There current model being put together by TB sporting dept in more akin to Everton than any of these so called well run mid table teams, who themselves eventually fall off a cliff due to there selling of assets Southampton & Leicester come to mind

No matter how hard you try to push the TB sports department narrative and the great bloat of January, all the factual evidence showcases we were going backwards before January. Not only that, but to reiterate out of the January signings only Enzo has played 1000 minutes or more (equiv of 11 games). While those from the RA sports department have played the bulk of the minutes and held greater presence in the side. Your argument falls flat. Don't get me wrong, kudos for really trying to stick to your guns but its not a hill worth dying on when everything says otherwise. 

We of course do have problems, many of them in fact, so it'll be important to get a new manager in the door immediately after seasons end. From there it'll be about shipping out the deadwood largely amassed under the RA sports department that've plagued us or years on end with their inconsistency or outright useless ness, then look to make a few key signings in great areas of need. We're not going to immediately return to the top, but there's certainly good progress that can be made next season under a more equipped manager, less games, and a squad that's got a semblance of balance with the qualities to reflect the football wanting to be played. 

Time shall tell.

29 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

It'd be lovely if he could be announced before the Arsenal game. We really could do with a crumb of optimism.

Unless the idea is to wait for us to get smashed then cheer us up afterwards!

Honestly we’re at the stage now where destroying their title dream would mean more than anything. I’d love us to scrape a draw but obviously this mob of dislikable cowards will indeed get smashed. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Honestly we’re at the stage now where destroying their title dream would mean more than anything. I’d love us to scrape a draw but obviously this mob of dislikable cowards will indeed get smashed. 

Shudder..I seem to recall a similar, if not quite so decisive situation .a few years back...seems the referee didn't feel neutral enough about the game and wasn't prepared to "take the blame" for some side not winning the league...probably just OG memory fog and an urban legend...couldn't happen once let alone twice...could it?

Edited by chara
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

It'd be lovely if he could be announced before the Arsenal game. We really could do with a crumb of optimism.

Unless the idea is to wait for us to get smashed then cheer us up afterwards!

Unlikely.

I think the earliest we'll hear is possibly shortly after the Arsenal game (ie in the following 24 hours)

It looks like the vultures are circling.We are likely to lose Mount if someone can't persuade him to stay.

Who's next...Chilwell  and Reece?.

We are rich pickings for the money teams in the league that are ever increasing.

31 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It looks like the vultures are circling.We are likely to lose Mount if someone can't persuade him to stay.

We are rich pickings for the money teams in the league that are ever increasing.

Kev, we were always likely to lose Mount. Nothing has changed in that department.

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Do you mean the Chilwell and Reece who have recently extended their contracts and committed themselves to the club?

Boehly out!

• Agree 2

On 30/04/2023 at 08:30, My Blood Is Blue said:

I really would like the club to get in and get the manager for next season sorted. 

You might have to wait until the club is mathematically safe from relegation :0)

• Sad 1

On 30/04/2023 at 02:24, xceleryx said:

Next you'll be trying to convince us the world is flat.

Everyone knows the world is flat

While a bloated squad may have impeded certain aspects later on, it's not why the wheels fell off either. We were struggling under Potter BEFORE January had even hit. 

No matter how hard you try to push the TB sports department narrative and the great bloat of January, all the factual evidence showcases we were going backwards before January.

You seem to be contradicting yourself, however it would be enlightening without all the razzamatazz of what caused the falling from the cliff edge form post January

Oh, so you think we're a squad littered with creativity, intelligence, defensive grit, expansive passing, and leadership? I mean,

The answer is yes based solely on what is in the trophy room. It only went south when an ownership decided to remove a quality coach and replace him with a clown.

One would assume it would be for the new coach to decide how the team play, or in your opinion the above  prerequisites are the minimum requirement for the new coach. Which model does the above come from Chitty, Dippers, ManUre, Brighton, FIFA2023? 

Not only that, but to reiterate out of the January signings only Enzo has played 1000 minutes or more (equiv of 11 games).

Do you think he would have played so many games if Jorghino stayed?

We of course do have problems, many of them in fact, so it'll be important to get a new manager in the door immediately after seasons end. From there it'll be about shipping out the deadwood largely amassed under the RA sports department that've plagued us or years on end with their inconsistency or outright useless ness,

those unless players which delivered trophies season after season, granted some pruning is required

we're not going to immediately return to the top, but there's certainly good progress that can be made next season under a more equipped manager, less games, and a squad that's got a semblance of balance with the qualities to reflect the football wanting to be played. 

Again which type of football are you wanting the team to play and the model basis

then look to make a few key signings in great areas of need.

Are these players for the starting 11 or more of players for the future and do you expect another £300m spent in the next window?

Reality is the club has been broken by two poor transfer windows, a hiring a second grade coach and an owner with a huge ego, who is surrounding himself with layers of unwanted dross, starting with the bloated sports department.

The bottom line is we are nearer to the Everton model than Chitty,  Redbull group, Newcastle or Brighton - There are two many fingers in the pie.

Oh yes - it would seem Newcastle got the real brains behind Brightons recruitment set up

Edited by ROTG

22 hours ago, chara said:

Shudder..I seem to recall a similar, if not quite so decisive situation .a few years back...seems the referee didn't feel neutral enough about the game and wasn't prepared to "take the blame" for some side not winning the league...probably just OG memory fog and an urban legend...couldn't happen once let alone twice...could it?

Yes and we did have Hazard back then..........