Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

"Chelsea are prepared to continue talks with Mauricio Pochettino this week in order to complete the agreement on final, crucial points."  Fabrizio Romano

"Prepared"?!?

"This week"??

It was going to be announced last week I was hearing on Friday. What's the sticking point? Doesn't look like it's "done and dusted" quite yet after all. Just what we need, the board to drop yet another bollock.

15 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

"Chelsea are prepared to continue talks with Mauricio Pochettino this week in order to complete the agreement on final, crucial points."  Fabrizio Romano

"Prepared"?!?

"This week"??

It was going to be announced last week I was hearing on Friday. What's the sticking point? Doesn't look like it's "done and dusted" quite yet after all. Just what we need, the board to drop yet another bollock.

Ahh HM....I don't recall one comment from Todd and Co or from The Poch,,,just a series of rinsed and repeated "claims" from "In The Know'".journos....(If I missed anything I';m sure it was bland and run of the mill deflection.)

Whatever, the negotiations and discussions taking place at this time are between the two parties not an open forum with invited guests!

I wish the GP appointment had been subject to as much .apparent.. behind closed doors discussions..

Regardless of who any appointment involves a huge amount of financial investment and consideration on both sides....no tight deadline so we wait.

I don't know why anyone thinks an announcement is imminent. Why would it be? What I see is journalists who have cornered themselves into having to continue reporting that talks are ongoing. 

Certainly I'd be saving any announcement until a time it couldn't be drowned out by bad news ... Like the bad news that follows every single time we play. 

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Certainly I'd be saving any announcement until a time it couldn't be drowned out by bad news ... Like the bad news that follows every single time we play. 

There's the school of thought that we are so conditioned to expect to lose now it ceases to be "bad news", just "news".

47 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

There's the school of thought that we are so conditioned to expect to lose now it ceases to be "bad news", just "news".

The only people who are likely to be shocked are the Fifth stand app editors. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The only people who are likely to be shocked are the Fifth stand app editors. 

Can't wait to read an "honest assessment" of Pochettino's first press conference. 

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Can't wait to read an "honest assessment" of Pochettino's first press conference. 

Looking forward to our trips to grounds like AESSEAL New York stadium. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

In fairness to Havertz he's really dug deep and lead from the front in response.

Oh.

Wait.

I actually think he's been one of our betters player this season - only because of his half decent run towards the end of the Potter reign. Was dreadful before that and I was done with him but now I still think he has a future at Chelsea!

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I actually think he's been one of our betters player this season - only because of his half decent run towards the end of the Potter reign. Was dreadful before that and I was done with him but now I still think he has a future at Chelsea!

Hopefully he'll have some.kind of catering qualification so he can work in the canteen. 

He's a fey , gutless , translucent , spectre of a player .

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hopefully he'll have some.kind of catering qualification so he can work in the canteen. 

Frank's second season..new signings after the transfer ban, which to be fair Frank dealt with well. 

Signed an "Old Man" past his time...then the new hopes....remind me what hapenned with the lost three....... 

Question Frank's ability by all means but it would not be unrealistic to have expected a lot more from the then.."new blood"...and here we are still debating Havertz and the z man,

51 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He has the physical presence of a mirage, he’s wetter than a weekend in Skegness.  One of the most disappointing signings ever. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

He has the physical presence of a mirage, he’s wetter than a weekend in Skegness.  One of the most disappointing signings ever. 

Still our top scorer and I'd struggle to find many better players of ours this season. That's not saying much.

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Skeggie is apparently one of Britain's favourites, so not a good analogy, but I fully agree that his arrival has been an anti-climax on a par with  the Millerite Great Disappointment (that Jesus Christ would return to the Earth by 1844), Henry Cooper being beaten by Cassius Clay, and (dare I say it?) Brexit.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The good thing about Havertz is time is on his side, being undead he can probably bide his time and see out the next forty coaches whilst he finds his feet (normally wreathed in smoke) 

Good point Mark.
Way back I made comparison with Ossie in the way he moved at times...about where the the similarity ends. now...Ossie could be frustating but usually because he was..well,,just being Ossie...NO ONE bullied him...or rather no one bullied him and came away unscathed at a time when things on the pitch were a tad more "physical"...the lesser combatants like Peter Houseman...not an insult...were tougher and harder during the warm up kick about than most of our wilting daffodils (sorry RDCW),

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

Whoever the new man is get him in now to look at what we have, thin out the squad and get a full pre season

"Six years ago we had a really bad season with Chelsea. Jose Mourinho left, Guus Hiddink came. He started to play younger players; Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Andreas Christensen, Tammy Abraham to give them experience for next year."
"I remember in April, they signed Antonio Conte. He came to the training ground, spoke to us individually, planned what he wanted to do with us to start fresh and we won the Premier League against Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho. It's not impossible."
"This happened six years ago, I lived it. If you bring someone in with experience, character, with clear ideas and work hard."

Cesc Fabregas

We are in a right pickle just now.

The match fans wanted Potter out and they got it.

Frank has come in and it is worse.

I actually blame TB buys a lot of players for TT and then sacks him.  That alienates some.

Then he buys a another group of players meaning Potter has a huge squad rather than a settled squad just needing some tweaking. There is no way he can give good 1:1 coaching with many.  Another group less than happy.

Then we have the contract situation telling Mount to accept or be sold...........

There is no way the squad is motivated. 

Like some of you have said probably best to use some of  the younger and newer players that still show enthusiasm. 

Edited by jasonb

52 minutes ago, jasonb said:

We are in a right pickle just now.

The match fans wanted Potter out and they got it.

Frank has come in and it is worse.

I actually blame TB buys a lot of players for TT and then sacks him.  That alienates some.

Then he buys a another group of players meaning Potter has a huge squad rather than a settled squad just needing some tweaking. There is no way he can give good 1:1 coaching with many.  Another group less than happy.

Then we have the contract situation telling Mount to accept or be sold...........

There is no way the squad is motivated. 

Like some of you have said probably best to use some of  the younger and newer players that still show enthusiasm. 

Its all TB! Too impulsive and over confident in his abilities.

I am happy he has come in and willing to spend but he has to take advice (preferably with new manager also consulted). Sensible squad size to start with and a CF, maybe a keeper. Nkunku is coming in but at the risk of him being another Werner we need a 2nd serious option.

I dont want to lose Kai just not play him at CF, his instincts are good but wrong for CF

Personally the media agenda against Boehly is creating the narrative about our club.

Firstly , we didn't go under so they didn't like that and secondly he's American and they definitely didn't like that .

Maybe he should attend games with a tea towel on his head so they leave him well alone?

He's made mistakes no question of that , sacking TT was knee jerk , he then fell for the legend of Potter propagated by the Ing-Er-land Muppets in the press which were his first two . Trying to get everything done at the same time and upsetting the poor lambs in the squad was another .

Despite how abject Lampard is I truly believe we are giving the players far too much respect for the shit show they're serving up where they seemingly don't remember how to tackle , pass , score , take corners , free kicks or run.

Enough is enough they should have some professional pride for goodness sake.

Shortly before Noni scored last night he raced clear of the Arsenal midfield , chased down a lost cause and managed to cut the ball back from the touchline into the six yard area where two Chelsea players stood rooted to the spot , neither moving , like statues, until the Arsenal defence composed themselves after what felt like ten seconds of nothing and walked the ball out of the area and back into their attacking possession.

That's not on TB that's not even on the ineptitude of Lampard , that's players with no care or pride.

Enough is enough .

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally the media agenda against Boehly is creating the narrative about our club.

Firstly , we didn't go under so they didn't like that and secondly he's American and they definitely didn't like that .

Maybe he should attend games with a tea towel on his head so they leave him well alone?

He's made mistakes no question of that , sacking TT was knee jerk , he then fell for the legend of Potter propagated by the Ing-Er-land Muppets in the press which were his first two . Trying to get everything done at the same time and upsetting the poor lambs in the squad was another .

Despite how abject Lampard is I truly believe we are giving the players far too much respect for the shit show they're serving up where they seemingly don't remember how to tackle , pass , score , take corners , free kicks or run.

Enough is enough they should have some professional pride for goodness sake.

Shortly before Noni scored last night he raced clear of the Arsenal midfield , chased down a lost cause and managed to cut the ball back from the touchline into the six yard area where two Chelsea players stood rooted to the spot , neither moving , like statues, until the Arsenal defence composed themselves after what felt like ten seconds of nothing and walked the ball out of the area and back into their attacking possession.

That's not on TB that's not even on the ineptitude of Lampard , that's players with no care or pride.

Enough is enough .

Tea towel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣