Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, chara said:

Thanks @xceleryx...long but informative... I was struck by the emphasis on the fitness/conditioning/injury issues.... 

Did the players look fitter this week?.... or just more application?

For me they actually looked as if they could be bothered playing a game of football. The difference in effort between the Arse game and the Bournemouth game was massive.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, chrisb said:

For me they actually looked as if they could be bothered playing a game of football. The difference in effort between the Arse game and the Bournemouth game was massive.

I'm guessing Lampard has been telling them Some home truths 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm guessing Lampard has been telling them Some home truths 

I sincerely hope so.There is not one player that can a hold a candle to his achievements.

But does any of these players care one jot?..I doubt it.

28 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Harsh imo.

Harsh my arse Michael.Imagine if we could just say to players your services are no longer required without the massive financial  consequences.

We need players to be accountable or feel accountable just like the manager.

Edited by kev61

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Based on the fact they earn a "kings ransom" your words not mine!

And that means that they don't care? Sorry, but once again you've lost me.

27 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t think it unreasonable to suggest it based on the vast majority of their performances this season. 

To each his own.

13 hours ago, chrisb said:

Arsenal pressed high and we couldn't play out the back well enough and on the rare occasions we did we couldn't keep the ball in forward areas long enough to sustain pressure . It's much easier to play around Bournemouth.

This really isn't just a fitness issue. We have a lack of technical quality issue that we have to overcome sooner rather than later. 

Edited by Bison

10 hours ago, kev61 said:

Harsh my arse Michael.Imagine if we could just say to players your services are no longer required without the massive financial  consequences.

We need players to be accountable or feel accountable just like the manager.

I'm not having it that large numbers of them  don't care Kev. There may be 3 or 4 of them, but even in this age of millionaire young footballers you don't get to the top of the professional tree without determination, commitment and competitiveness beyond that possessed by the common man. Their instincts are to fight and win and it has taken a morale-sapping incompetence by the club to destroy the fabric of the playing staff. Confidence, organisation and the efficiency born of  consistent training and drilling have been destroyed by an effete and dilettante coach and an ignorant and arrogant ownership. It is in the DNA of a professional footballer to care. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

Deja vu all over again 😉. Mrs Poch has apparently been posting from London on social media though.

Maybe when she starts posting picture of SW London and Surrey one can get more confidence that her old man is coming to Chelsea.  😀

6 hours ago, RDCW said:

I'm not having it that large numbers of them  don't care Kev. There may be 3 or 4 of them, but even in this age of millionaire young footballers you don't get to the top of the professional tree without determination, commitment and competitiveness beyond that possessed by the common man. Their instincts are to fight and win and it has taken a morale-sapping incompetence by the club to destroy the fabric of the playing staff. Confidence, organisation and the efficiency born of  consistent training and drilling have been destroyed by an effete and dilettante coach and an ignorant and arrogant ownership. It is in the DNA of a professional footballer to care. 

Effete and dilettante - surely the first time those words have appeared here. 🤪 And you make a good point - though don’t the players need to take responsibility too? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Effete and dilettante - surely the first time those words have appeared here. 🤪 And you make a good point - though don’t the players need to take responsibility too? 

I once accused DWMH of being a dilettante (and much worse) in the old forum. 😉

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I think they could and should have been more resilient and harder working and less subject to the erosion of their team spirit and determination, but I can't agree that they have downed tools without caring (perhaps with one or two exceptions).

6 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I think they could and should have been more resilient and harder working and less subject to the erosion of their team spirit and determination, but I can't agree that they have downed tools without caring (perhaps with one or two exceptions).

I absolutely blame the coaching staff under GP...some players love to train and need no pushing...others need "encouragement"..... I agree a lot of the squad haven't been doing the job they are paid to do but that comes back to the coaching staff not doing their job properly.   I seem to recall Eden was not noted as a "good trainer"...but......

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

....but.......he was a great player!Wish we had one of him now).

Mark Hughes was the same (apparently). Terrible on the training pitch and then came alive on match day.

Edited by Sciatika

On 03/05/2023 at 18:55, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently they're now complaining about Lampard and want him out too from reports possibly made up on the Internet. 

I expect he asked them to run about a bit the tartar. 

They won't be satisfied until they get a new manager for every game 🙂

• Haha 1