Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

On 08/05/2023 at 15:08, RDCW said:

It is in the DNA of a professional footballer to care. 

It used to be.Unfortunately the DNA has changed.A professional footballer in today's game are looking for the contract that will secure their future financially.

Nothing wrong with that,but the bigger the contract the less inclined they are to be bothered.

The mistake of Lukaku  should never be repeated.

I guarantee that if players were on a similar contract they would try a lot better.

Edited by kev61

On 09/05/2023 at 08:17, Chelsea_Matt said:

That surprises me given his style of play and having been managed by S’rAlex. 

A top manager(like Fergie and Clough were more interested in what a player did on the pitch.

They of course would never be a top manager in today's footballing world.The rich footballers today would just  snigger at them behind their back.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kev61 said:

A top manager(like Fergie and Clough were more interested in what a player did on the pitch.

They of course would never be a top manager in today's footballing world.The rich footballers today would just  snigger at them behind their back.

I, for one , would never dare snigger at Cloughie within a 100 miles of him let alone behind his back !😨

22 minutes ago, chara said:

I, for one , would never dare snigger at Cloughie within a 100 miles of him let alone behind his back !😨

Well Cloughie was an antiquated  old fool in today's world.

When pep and Klopp leaves the stage we will see the complete musical chairs of managers that exist now.

Edited by kev61

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

They might do it once…

• Haha 1

If Poch gets the job and believes a second choice Inter number 9 is the answer he risks losing me before it begins.

22 minutes ago, ROTG said:

What that? - signing players and not playing to their strengths?

Its also true but he has limited strengths against half decent defenders. If you have no first touch its always going to be difficult. English defenders are the best and learn quickly, Haarland is immense and will continue scoring but the defenders whatsapp group will be working on ways to slow it down so I dont expect anything like 50+ next season.

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Biggest game of Inters season , where's tubby?

On the bench where he belongs.

And, he played at the weekend and scored will more than likely get to a CL final.

BTW - Since returning from injury at the end of Jan, he has scored 8  in 21 games with 4 assists 

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

And, he played at the weekend and scored will more than likely get to a CL final.

BTW - Since returning from injury at the end of Jan, he has scored 8  in 21 games with 4 assists 

I reckon you'd get six in the Italian league. 

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

If Poch gets the job and believes a second choice Inter number 9 is the answer he risks losing me before it begins.

What if nobody wants to buy Lukaku from us? What if nobody wants to take him on loan? What if none of our potential CF targets is available to us? What if Pochettino sets up the team in such a way that Lukaku bangs in 30 odd goals... and not just against the "lesser" sides, but, say, gets the only goal of the game against the likes of City, Arsenal, Utd and Liverpool?

I know we've had a rough season, but the negativity around here - from several posters - regarding next season is beyond a joke!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

What if nobody wants to buy Lukaku from us? What if nobody wants to take him on loan? What if none of our potential CF targets is available to us? What if Pochettino sets up the team in such a way that Lukaku bangs in 30 odd goals... and not just against the "lesser" sides, but, say, gets the only goal of the game against the likes of City, Arsenal, Utd and Liverpool?

I know we've had a rough season, but the negativity around here - from several posters - regarding next season is beyond a joke!

Form my perspective , I'm looking forward to the new season , particularly if Poch gets the gig.

My worry is that Lukaku really and truly does not want to be here and if we are left with him having to come back it could derail the season before it starts if he kicks off again.

That said , Poch may decide the best thing to do is ensure we play to Lukaku's strengths and everything then looks rosy in the Chelsea garden.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Form my perspective , I'm looking forward to the new season , particularly if Poch gets the gig.

My worry is that Lukaku really and truly does not want to be here and if we are left with him having to come back it could derail the season before it starts if he kicks off again.

That said , Poch may decide the best thing to do is ensure we play to Lukaku's strengths and everything then looks rosy in the Chelsea garden.

And the sponsorship from Just Eat. I think Romelu thinks it’s command 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Get over yourself Bob. Lukaku doesn't want to be here, most of the fans don't want him here and there is no way on earth he is suddenly going to start banging in the goals if he comes back next season. As to the negativity, we are entitled to be negative when we have been taken to within a hair's breadth of relegation by a regime which is still going to be here next season.

You are, of course, entitled to be optimistic about next season if that is your bent, but you are not entitled to get on your high horse about other people's disappointment or the fact that they don't share your view.

• Like 1

Lot of pointing (justified) fingers for the fiasco of this season.....20/20 hindsight should show us it was almost inevitable given the upheaval from "sanctions" onward and even going back to the transfer ban, the catch up transfers being less than stalwart!.... all been covered and understood by us.

GP was the final devastating mistake but a perspective...

Recently I have read (one on here) two outdated coach/manager reviews from GP's Brighton time...... according to the articles GP was THE coming man and for all the Todd and Co bashing hardly a bad appointment given the circumstances and the "Given" Bound for Glory prophesies.

In reality the Head Boy was given the Headmaster's job and we all saw how that worked out.

If the new man is to be Poch... the pros and cons discussed have all been based on solid EPL reputation and results ...like it or not he did get spuds to THE final albeit the usual choke but that is in the DNA there.

Again the IF...if Poch is the man then at least we know the players will have to work at their jobs not have their fragile egos stroked...and I would argue just making it to the top of the game shows a less than fragile mind set...taking advantage of a soft coach seems more likely....the "Old Backbone" guys ignored AVB and set their own standards..the difference?

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Me too, the only ay can be up but Lukaku doesnt answer any question, I just dont see what his strengths are

7 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Me too, the only ay can be up but Lukaku doesnt answer any question, I just dont see what his strengths are

It could be argued that web have enough creativity but lack a focal point in attack. Maybe Fatty could be it, if he’ll remove his head from his arse and cancel his daily order from Krispy Kreme.

50 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

It could be argued that web have enough creativity but lack a focal point in attack. Maybe Fatty could be it, if he’ll remove his head from his arse and cancel his daily order from Krispy Kreme.

If only we could encourage Mark Kelly to be this enthusiastic and positive about Lukaku. 

The tide is clearly turning. 

• Haha 2