Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Played there in France, so he has done it before. 

I am a little surprised that we didn't try it this season after selling Jorginho, and the glaring need for a more defensively minded option in the middle. 

I just can't quite see him in mid.....just the feeling I get and certainly not a refuting of other views.

(Although it puzzles me when it happens I have been known to be wrong!😁)

Perhaps that gut thing is reflected by the apparent reluctance of various Chelsea coaches to play him there?

17 hours ago, kev61 said:

I like all the soundings that are coming out about Tino(I'll call him that because it rhymes with vino😋

I like the fact he is reportedly open to play players in a different positions .Hopefully

not the likes of Kante playing in a forward position or RLC playing out wide as well as the many other ridiculous set ups we have seen.

Can't wait to see him in charge and see what he does with this lot.

Meanwhile he appears to be as far from signing as ever despite Twitter “ITK”s and people claiming their friend’s brother’s uncle’s dad’s cousin’s dog worked at Chelsea in 1959. I have a nasty feeling Poch is waiting for the Madrid job. I’d be thrilled to be wrong as he’s the perfect manager for us imo. 

6 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

and people claiming their friend’s brother’s uncle’s dad’s cousin’s dog.......

Sounds like the criteria used for some people being Irish on St Patrick's day!.

Edited by kev61
  • Haha 2

On 19/05/2023 at 23:55, Ham said:

I've always thought Chalobah had all the ingredients to be a DM.   

Surprised nobody has tried him there. 

Fiddle sticks.Why not put the wee man there in the twilight of his career.

I could see Kante doing very well in the DM role with no other instruction but to sit in front of the defense.

6 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Similar worries, Matt. Where would that leave us? With a reluctant Nagelmann, stuck with Frank or … serendipity?

There's a lot to be said for serendipity.After all we have 'planned' at great expense and got nowhere.

7 hours ago, chara said:

I just can't quite see him in mid.....just the feeling I get and certainly not a refuting of other views.

(Although it puzzles me when it happens I have been known to be wrong!😁)

Perhaps that gut thing is reflected by the apparent reluctance of various Chelsea coaches to play him there?

I'll preface this with saying that I don't think he's quite good enough to play in the midfield either, however given the nature of our season and the lack of a proper defensive option I'd have thrown him in at some point to see - not as if we had much to lose by doing so. 

10 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

I'll preface this with saying that I don't think he's quite good enough to play in the midfield either, however given the nature of our season and the lack of a proper defensive option I'd have thrown him in at some point to see - not as if we had much to lose by doing so. 

I can agree there.....thanks for the brief disscusion....proof that somewhat,albeit slight, opposing views on something can lead to a cordial agreement!

25 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Chabolah  is the last person I would put in midfield.He has absolutely no skills to play in that position.

If we think the biggest problem is DM then why not play Kante in that position?

He is on a Zimmer frame according to you - so  should be got rid of as soon as possible.

56 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Chabolah  is the last person I would put in midfield.He has absolutely no skills to play in that position.

If we think the biggest problem is DM then why not play Kante in that position?

He is on a Zimmer frame according to you - so  should be got rid of as soon as possible.

Because Kev, as we've discussed on several occasions, Kante is not a "DM" in the sense of being a positionally disciplined shield in front of the defence. He's an exceptional ball winner that once held an unmatched athletic capacity, and that's a big part in why he's been such a unique player over the years and afforded an unwavering amount of freedom to roam about the pitch. A Makelele, Mikel, or Matic he is not, nor will ever be however - and that's what we need.

Edited by xceleryx

13 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

A Makelele, Mikel, or Matic he is not, nor will ever be however - and that's what we need.

A prime-time Makelele would be nice (and is certainly what we need). Since he's not coming back, then we need to find somebody just like him!

8 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Because Kev, as we've discussed on several occasions, Kante is not a "DM" in the sense of being a positionally disciplined shield in front of the defence. He's an exceptional ball winner that once held an unmatched athletic capacity, and that's a big part in why he's been such a unique player over the years and afforded an unwavering amount of freedom to roam about the pitch. A Makelele, Mikel, or Matic he is not, nor will ever be however - and that's what we need.

We need a unicorn in the DM position according to you.It is not that complicated.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

A prime-time Makelele would be nice (and is certainly what we need). Since he's not coming back, then we need to find somebody just like him!

Makelele  and Kante are a one off.There is nothing Makelele could do that Kante can't.

43 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Would certainly be nice, unfortunately they also don't grow on trees.