Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Feels awful and wrong to think this, but I cannot wait for Lampard to be gone. It should not have been possible but we have been considerably worse under him, just totally spineless. His PL career is over.

It looks bad on him based on his previous attempts more than this I think.

This one is 75% on the players and 25% on his insanity.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

We've been royally "Pottered".

It should be a new euphemism for "Ruined"  

Wasn't bad enough that we got pottered but then to compound that, our moribund band got royally Lamparded to death. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Feels awful and wrong to think this, but I cannot wait for Lampard to be gone. It should not have been possible but we have been considerably worse under him, just totally spineless. His PL career is over.

I love him to bits but my god he’s a dreadful manager. We are worse under him but the players are equally to blame. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

One of his biggest weaknesses is his ability to take the wrong jobs at the wrong time...

• Chelsea round 1 - I understood why he took it, but clearly, too early in his managerial career for such a big job and was always going to end the way it did. 
  • Everton - A horrible job that no manager in their right mind should go near, let alone one with such little experience. Yes, he kept them up in season 1, but it's such a badly run club that no manager walks away from that job with an increased reputation.
  • Chelsea round 2 - No manager would have touched this job and for good reason, it has all but ended any hopes he had of a managerial career.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but had he stayed at Derby he could well have been on the path to a very different career as he'd have been able to learn the managerial ropes much more up there, but he was never going to be able to learn on the job when he moved to Chelsea and so it was a pure test of whether he was a natural at it or not... I think we all know the answer to this one.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

One of his biggest weaknesses is his ability to take the wrong jobs at the wrong time ...

I think that's generous. His biggest weakness is just that he's not any good. He keeps talking about "the basics" as if it isn't his job to instill them in any side he is coaching. We have completely fallen off a cliff defensively since he came in. That is, for me, a close indication that training is run terribly. That is where you practice and drill shape, movement, pressing, patterns of passing.

LLDWLLLLLL is absolutely pathetic, and a good sight worse than any run we went on under the previous pathetic manager. I think Frank has been lucky to have even got 2 months here to try to sell himself, tbh.

• Like 3

Just now, thevelourfog said:

I think that's generous. His biggest weakness is just that he's not any good. He keeps talking about "the basics" as if it isn't his job to instill them in any side he is coaching. We have completely fallen off a cliff defensively since he came in. That is, for me, a close indication that training is run terribly. That is where you practice and drill shape, movement, pressing, patterns of passing.

LLDWLLLLLL is absolutely pathetic, and a good sight worse than any run we went on under the previous pathetic manager. I think Frank has been lucky to have even got 2 months here to try to sell himself, tbh.

There really is no sugar coating this , he's a crappy manager , teams are built on the defence and his teams can't defend. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Agree 1

Lampard might be better to go to the Championship and try to get back into the EPL through promotion.

I don't think he is as bad as our recent results though neither do I think he is a top manager.

Lets recall no pre-season, over inflated squad and ongoing injury crisis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but had he stayed at Derby he could well have been on the path to a very different career as he'd have been able to learn the managerial ropes much more up there, but he was never going to be able to learn on the job when he moved to Chelsea and so it was a pure test of whether he was a natural at it or not... I think we all know the answer to this one.

When considering his time at Derby and taking them to the play-off final was that his team there had at least 4/5 loanees that have gone on to have good Premier League, Series A careers thus far.

There is a case to question how much of an achievement that was?

However, I do think that getting us into a CL place when Hazardless for the first time was decent.

• Like 1

Lampard is good at motivating young players and when he came to Chelsea he had no choice this time around was very different.

I wasn't sure if he should take this job clearly having such a large mismatched squad with an ongoing injury crisis with the best players was going to be a massive challenge.

Noticed some of the newer and younger players are trying under him though maybe a little too late. 

7 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yes interesting one that. I thought the simian-looking ogre Kahn was there for life. I wonder what happened?

From what I gather neither Kahn or Brazzo are well liked by fans and their departures are being celebrated as much as their title win.

• Thanks 1

Something occurred to me as I was lying in bed last night. Assuming Pochettino is named the next manager today or tomorrow, his whole ethos revolves around this insane fitness regime he is supposed to have. The problem then that is staring us in the face is that so many of the squad (and some pretty influential players) are still injured and are certainly not going to be in any fit state to trained up sufficiently for the pre-season tour. So for all the Poch is the messiah, Poch will lead us back to our rightful place in the top four rhetoric, should we be preparing ourselves for another season of being undercooked from pre-season when the games begin in August?

• Like 1

I think the training regime 'overlaps' the injuries. As players become able to play, they enter the training regime to become fit to play. Only when they are fit to play, do they play. 

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I think the training regime 'overlaps' the injuries. As players become able to play, they enter the training regime to become fit to play. Only when they are fit to play, do they play. 

Is that not what I've just said?