Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think k the idea of a manager being here for years and years is pie in the sky. 

Certainly hard to envision us having a manager that'll be here for 5, 6, 7 or more years. 

The issue we're going to have though is that we've created an environment where we've invested heavily in younger players, these players generally require time and they can often be inconsistent, which goes on to make challenging for honours with regularity difficult. There's going to need to be an adjustment, at least short term, with what we see as "success". 

Finding a manager that can not only nurture these younger players but also deliver success is a trickier situation to resolve, especially when they may only have that a short period of time here. 

• Agree 1

The problem that will face the new manager is how does he keep a big squad happy?.

The answer is he can't and why should he?.Find out who is your best 11 and then then  back up players that he can rotate against the lesser teams.

The rest who can't make the grade can piss off or try harder.Every player that we have in the first team squad are financially set for life so boo hoo.

We fucked up massively in recruitment under Roman.I honestly think the right manager could totally transform our fortunes on the pitch with what we have NOW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The problem that will face the new manager is how does he keep a big squad happy?.

The answer is he can't and why should he?.Find out who is your best 11 and then then  back up players that he can rotate against the lesser teams.

The rest who can't make the grade can piss off or try harder.Every player that we have in the first team squad are financially set for life so boo hoo.

We fucked up massively in recruitment under Roman.I honestly think the right manager could totally transform our fortunes on the pitch with what we have NOW.

This has  probably been the hard thing to do this season because of our injuries, as quite a few of those who would be in our "best eleven" have spent ample time on the sidelines injured. 

There are however players like Ziyech, Pulisic, Mendy and Zakaria that shouldn't be part of the first team setup for the rest of the season, but that also doesn't change all too much either given most have played minimally anyway. 

4 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

This has  probably been the hard thing to do this season because of our injuries, as quite a few of those who would be in our "best eleven" have spent ample time on the sidelines injured. 

There are however players like Ziyech, Pulisic, Mendy and Zakaria that shouldn't be part of the first team setup for the rest of the season, but that also doesn't change all too much either given most have played minimally anyway. 

Fair enough.Getting the right manager in today's environment is a hard task.

I think the new manager should have played at the highest level.He should have a personality and be ruthless  in his decisions....Conte?.

Someone needs to stand up against player power without alienating himself -  and be backed up at the highest level.

It seems an impossible task to me.

4 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Fair enough.Getting the right manager in today's environment is a hard task.

I think the new manager should have played at the highest level.He should have a personality and be ruthless  in his decisions....Conte?.

Someone needs to stand up against player power without alienating himself -  and be backed up at the highest level.

It seems an impossible task to me.

Just to add to that.I don't care what anyone says - Ferguson bailed out when(he felt) money was more important than a desire to impress fans

18 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Have your vote and then tell us why…

I'm interested in that question.Nagelsmann is a front runner....why?. 

He was sacked by Bayern and yes Tuchel was sacked by PSG.

It worries me and I admit know nothing about him.

If I was Boehly you have to convince why he should be our next manager.

18 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I'm interested in that question.Nagelsmann is a front runner....why?. 

Maybe because his win percentage has increased at every club he's managed? He appears to know what he's doing.

He was sacked by Bayern and yes Tuchel was sacked by PSG.

Just about every head coach/manager has been sacked by some club in their history. Doesn't really mean anything as far as I can tell.

It worries me and I admit know nothing about him.

Well there's plenty to read about him out there.

If I was Boehly you have to convince why he should be our next  head coach.

That should be the case with any prospective head coach, surely?

He was sacked by a team that have dominated the German league and have done so for years.

If a manager falls below the expectation of a club he should be sacked.

It's a business transaction and nothing more.

7 minutes ago, kev61 said:

He was sacked by a team that have dominated the German league and have done so for years.

Yes. And this mean what exactly?

If a manager falls below the expectation of a club he should be sacked.

Sure. 

It's a business transaction and nothing more.

Up to a point, yes. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yes. And this mean what exactly?

Sure. 

Up to a point, yes. 

It means it is easy to do well in  the Bundisliga when it is a one horse competition

I fancy myself to  do well as a manager of Bayern.

17 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It means it is easy to do well in  the Bundisliga when it is a one horse competition

Only joking of course,I'm much better than that😄

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

There are however players like Ziyech, Pulisic, Mendy and Zakaria that shouldn't be part of the first team setup for the rest of the season

You are going to be disappointed if an Interim like Tubby comes in. They will go straight for experience, rather than being foolish like GP and experimenting with championship players, because the remit from TB will be try and win the CL or get into the top six for your end of contract bonus.

Real world time and not fantasy football.

4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well, we weren't too disappointed the last time he did! Glad to see him bugger off, of course, but IIRC he did ok.

Would not be surprised if a deal is done with Tubby, he just waiting until the game against his beloved dippers is out of the way.

I think the next move from our new owners will say a lot.

Have they learned anything? or are they still clutching at straws?

If Brendan Rodgers is even interviewed for the job I will pack up my interest and move to remote island in Scotland.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

You are going to be disappointed if an Interim like Tubby comes in. They will go straight for experience, rather than being foolish like GP and experimenting with championship players, because the remit from TB will be try and win the CL or get into the top six for your end of contract bonus.

Real world time and not fantasy football.

Won't be disappointed at all because it's pretty unlikely to happen for one. And two, outside of maybe Mendy, who is injured anyway, none of the others offer substance themselves so any experience they have is virtually moot anyways because they're poor.

34 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

none of the others offer substance themselves so any experience they have is virtually moot anyways because they're poor.

their CV during their time at Chelsea say the polar opposite.

Let's see who Bruno & co. select tonight.

54 minutes ago, ROTG said:

their CV during their time at Chelsea say the polar opposite.

Let's see who Bruno & co. select tonight.

Pulisic - Been here four years and his best spell was a dozen or so post-lockdown games in his first season, while still largely unknown to the league. Can barely stay on his feet much less put in a good performance. 

Ziyech - Best spell was a small period under Lampard when we played 433 and done virtually little since.

Mendy - Was good up until the ACON and has since fallen off a cliff since. A walking calamity with the ball at his feet, as demonstrated several times for us. Also had an awful World Cup before injury has seen him sidelined. 

Zakaria - One, maybe two good performances for us since arriving. Was never that good before arriving and a walking sick note at that. 

Their Chelsea CV's indicate exactly why they don't get games for us, and it should remain that way moving forward.

• Agree 1

It would be interesting to do a poll on how many Chelsea fans would be happy with Pochettino.

If (as I suspect) 30-50%+ of our fans are concerned about the appointment we should stick well clear.

Qualities aside, we can't afford another candidate who the fans will quickly turn on.

Edited by Max Fowler

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

Sure, but what more could he do? They are top. They are in the QF of the CL.

His record at two lesser clubs is also excellent. 

44 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

It would be interesting to do a poll on how many Chelsea fans would be happy with Pochettino.

I actually think if you take away the Spurs rivalry, he would be a good choice.

Did well at Southampton. Took an ordinary Spurs team and turned them into a very good one. A lot of young players (like we have now) improved under him......Walker, Rose, Alli, Kane, Eriksen to name a few.

The argument that he didnt win anything at Spurs is somewhat caveated by the fact he didn't have the best team. He took that team as far as it was possible to go. 

The one blot on his copybook is his time at PSG, but they really are a circus club.