Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

Apparently - IF you believe the report in the Telegraph - discipline has fallen to bits at the club. 

If true, I hope Poch gives this squad the drilling to hell that it deserves. 

On a more positive note - I do sense a fresh start, and am cautiously optimistic. Bienvenido, Mauricio! 🇦🇷💙

• Like 1

I truly hope on day one he goes in and removes the asshats to another building and tells them to get their agents to find them new clubs who will meet our evaluation and to not trouble him or the rest of the players again .

day two he can phone Lukaku and tell him the same.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I agree with you. But I don't think it will take a whole season.

We were undercooked at the beginning of this season, losing 4-0 to Arsenal in pre season and didn't look back as we slid down the slippery slope of ineptitude. If we don't begin at least on a level with the other sides then we will be playing catch up next season as well,  and with the lack of moral fibre in the squad I wouldn't bet my house on being able to turn it around regardless of who the manager is 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I truly hope on day one he goes in and removes the asshats to another building and tells them to get their agents to find them new clubs who will meet our evaluation and to not trouble him or the rest of the players again .

day two he can phone Lukaku and tell him the same.. 

I hope Rom remembers to cancel his regular order to Cobham Deep Fried Pizzas.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

We were undercooked at the beginning of this season, losing 4-0 to Arsenal in pre season and didn't look back as we slid down the slippery slope of ineptitude. If we don't begin at least on a level with the other sides then we will be playing catch up next season as well,  and with the lack of moral fibre in the squad I wouldn't bet my house on being able to turn it around regardless of who the manager is 

That 4-0 set alarm bells ringing with me, and with Tommy Tee as well, if memory serves. 

25 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

That 4-0 set alarm bells ringing with me, and with Tommy Tee as well, if memory serves. 

I'm convinced that set the wheels in motion for his sacking. Especially his after-match comments about the squad and (lack of) new signings.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Apparently - IF you believe the report in the Telegraph - discipline has fallen to bits at the club. 

💯 correct. 
players openly saying to the coaching staff they do not want to be at the club next season, regardless of the coach. 

Some are going to be surprised who’s will ask to go. 

Got a feeling the club will go into a semi media blackout in June, whilst they try and fix some of the issue at the club. 

Still think poch might be holding out to see what happens at Madrid. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

💯 correct. 
players openly saying to the coaching staff they do not want to be at the club next season, regardless of the coach. 

Got a feeling the club will go into a semi media blackout in June, whilst they try and fix some of the issue at the club. 

Still think poch might be holding out to see what happens at Madrid. 

If someone doesn’t want to be here, whoever they are, they can go as far as I’m concerned. I want us to be rebuilding with a hungry squad of players that want to play for the club. If that means a longer process to get back competing, then so be it.

I never want to see a repeat of this season with what has looked like some appalling attitudes from players that are just not interested in being here or what the results are.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, ROTG said:

💯

With it looking likely that Mount is leaving, I think the only ones that would truly surprise me are Chilwell, Reece, Silva, Enzo and Madueke.

Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if Mudryk and Sterling were talking to their agents.  Same with Cucerella.  Same with Chuk.  

And the rest (Kepa, Pulisic, RLC, Auba, Kante, Kovacic etc) are a given. 

12 hours ago, Rob B said:

With it looking likely that Mount is leaving, I think the only ones that would truly surprise me are Chilwell, Reece, Silva, Enzo and Madueke.

Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if Mudryk and Sterling were talking to their agents.  Same with Cucerella.  Same with Chuk.  

And the rest (Kepa, Pulisic, RLC, Auba, Kante, Kovacic etc) are a given. 

I'm not sure if they'd surprise me or not, but they're about the only ones I'd be remotely disappointed to see go 

Terrible manager he is but Lampard has been in successful dressing rooms as a player so I would take what he says here  seriously.

This atmosphere was created by Potter and the owners. They made losing acceptable.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Tuchel about to become available again. Sometimes admitting your mistakes are the best solution.

Didn't mince words on the timing of Salihamidzic and Kahn getting sacked when asked, did he. And fair enough, imo. If you're Bayern and you're putting together and entirely new football board, this is when you change coach ... Not a month into the season after buying a load of players. If you're a coach who signed up to work with specific club hierarchy, ditto.

19 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Yup, not sure how anyone thinks 6 weeks rudderless is a wise move.

Barely 5 weeks, actually, with the players all away on holiday?  I'm pretty sure Pochettino will have given the owners a list of players he'd like to see signed, and been consulted on who is being allowed to leave/be sold prior to the end of June cut-off for FFP purposes.

He may not officially start until 1st July, but I'm guessing a fair bit of 'work' was done during the negotiations that saw him accept the job.

• Like 1