Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Barely 5 weeks, actually, with the players all away on holiday?  I'm pretty sure Pochettino will have given the owners a list of players he'd like to see signed, and been consulted on who is being allowed to leave/be sold prior to the end of June cut-off for FFP purposes.

He may not officially start until 1st July, but I'm guessing a fair bit of 'work' was done during the negotiations that saw him accept the job.

Exactly. I am sure Poch has already made clear which players he wants to stay and go. No worries.

Somehow I have a good feeling about this! Not sure if we can be a title competitive team next season, but maybe the one after for sure. A bit like JM's second stint.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

I'm not sure I am comfortable with this. I'm worried it's another failure manager. Can't we have Tuchel back.......

I'm fairly sure Bayern are beginning to think they might be happy with such an arrangement. Anyway, the deal is done now, just announced on the BBC website. Starts on 1 July.

• Haha 1

This morning's news does feel like a positive new beginning as well as a full stop on the mediocrity of the past year or so. Time to enjoy The Ashes summer and look forward to a tighter footballing unit next season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, RDCW said:

A 2 year contract with a third year option seems a bit short term to me, especially given the long contract playing resource policy.

Possibly they’ve learned from the Potter debacle about how much it costs to get rid of someone on a long contract if it all goes pear shaped.

37 minutes ago, RDCW said:

This morning's news does feel like a positive new beginning as well as a full stop on the mediocrity of the past year or so. Time to enjoy The Ashes summer and look forward to a tighter footballing unit next season.

I'm willing to share your optimism 🙂

NOW I’m looking forward to next season. We decidedly needed a manager with the ability to put a boot up the arses of our precious prima donnas, and MP (good initials, considering …) is a good candidate to do this. Forca Mauricio!

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Seriously? 🇳🇴 

Actually, yes. I know some are very keen on having him on board but I am not sure he has the "pondus" to draw the lines and be the boss and coach for the team and also tell the admin/owners to keep distance to his coaching. But I might be wrong - let's hope I am.

6 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Actually, yes. I know some are very keen on having him on board but I am not sure he has the "pondus" to draw the lines and be the boss and coach for the team and also tell the admin/owners to keep distance to his coaching. But I might be wrong - let's hope I am.

Sure. I get you but I’m quietly confident. This feels right unlike GP. Btw was back in your amazing country last December - to Alta. Stunning and amazing aurora!

• Thanks 1