Who will the next permanent Chelsea manager be?

Who should be next Chelsea manager?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

• Julian Nagelsmann
    • Bruno Saltor
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Luis Enrique
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Diego Simeone
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Ruben Amorim
    • Thomas Frank
    • Hansi Flick
    • Antonio Conte
    • Marco Silva
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Gareth Southgate
    • Marco Bielsa

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Doubt it - if you follow German Football, Champions League , German nationality or drink red bull you probably know about the man. 

Did you anything about Raneri, Mourinho, Ancelotti or Conte before they were hired by the club? - Just asking

I'll happily admit that, apart from Ancelotti, I did;t know much about them. I don't know where people get the time or, sometimes, the enthusiasm, to follow more than one league. I don't know much about most of the leading candidates.

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Another purveyor 

you still haven't answered the question?

Did you know anything about Raneri, Mourinho, Ancelotti or Conte before they were hired by the club? - Just asking again

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

you still haven't answered the question?

Did you know anything about Raneri, Mourinho, Ancelotti or Conte before they were hired by the club? - Just asking again

Should I answer the question?.Sorry no .I hope you understand.

7 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

This is good news… maybe we can wrap this up before the Madrid game! 

2EB23115-7A8F-45B7-AC4D-FEA83A10CC09.jpeg

Not good news for those who don't want Enrique.

One good stint at a stacked Barcelona on the back of Pep's foundations is all he has at club level to pin his hat on, otherwise it's International football which has made even Southgate look semi-competent at times. 

Better than Potter no doubt, but quite some distance away from being considered the right man for the job imo.

Here’s the story from the Independent…

“Luis Enrique is travelling to London for further talks with Chelsea after impressing in initial discussions with the club. 

The 52-year-old, who left the Spain international job after the World Cup, is said to have successfully sold a clear vision for the team.

Luis Enrique explained his high-intensity and high-pressing approach, that especially fits the young players that Chelsea have brought in.

The club have previously been interested in the former Barcelona coach before, but both his wage demands and comparative lack of English put the club off amid other choices. Luis Enrique has been working on the language, though, and the current hierarchy are sufficiently interested by his tactical ideal.

The former midfielder also has the benefit of being the only candidate currently being considered to have won the Champions League, after his 2014-15 treble with Barcelona.

While there is confidence from Spain that Luis Enrique can be the next Chelsea manager, the club are insistent they are not that close to a decision. 

Luis Enrique is travelling with his former Barcelona teammate, Ivan De La Pena, who is now an agent.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/luis-enrique-chelsea-next-manager-b2314491.html

Not sold on Enrique to be honest , not a great pedigree when you consider what he'd inherited at Barca , he'll be coming to us where we have no foundations to build on , we've got some good players , a few excellent ones and a load of kids and no idea what to do with any of it . 

Well, he's in London now. 

You don't fly someone over unless it's happening.

He was always my number one choice, until Nagelsmann became available so very happy.

I said a few times the team we have built is built for him or a manger like him. His Barcelona team was nothing like Pep's, they played high pressing, high intensity, fast, direct attacking football and were brilliant to watch, almost like a throwback to one of the great United sides under Ferguson.

Hopefully this gets done in the next 48 hours so he can have some time to prepare for Madrid.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Does this mean PEA will come back into the fold?

Almost certainly, although he didn't play for him at Barcelona so not because there is any link between the two.

I'd be amazed if any new manager didn't bring him straight back in and play him.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

I get the impression that it will be Nagelsmann or Enrique 

Really hope is JN.

17 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Yep. I would prefer Enrique personally as he’s more experienced, has more authority/credibility  and would immediately command the respect of a chaotic dressing room.

Enriques record at club level, is terrible, aside from a spell at Barca where he had a front 3 of Messi, Suarez and Neymar. Quite frankly, if you can't succeed with that front 3, you have no hope.

I didn't realise it until yesterday quite how poor he had been at Roma at Celta.

Roma, 42 games, 17 wins, 16 losses

Celta vigo, 40 games, 15 wins, 18 losses.

11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

It'll be Nagelsmann surely?

I hope so.........His record at all 3 clubs has been excellent. Has worked with Vivelli before too. 

9 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Chelsea 'could turn to Frank Lampard for the remainder of the season on an interim basis', 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11939861/Chelsea-sensationally-turn-Frank-Lampard-remainder-season.html

I mean, I don't see a scenario where this makes sense to anyone (including SFL)

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

Doubt it - if you follow German Football, Champions League , German nationality or drink red bull you probably know about the man. 

Did you anything about Raneri, Mourinho, Ancelotti or Conte before they were hired by the club? - Just asking

You would have to be living under a rock to have not known about JM, CA and AC before they joined. All very high profile before joining us. Ranieri, not so much.

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Another purveyor 

Again, really?

2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

This is good news… maybe we can wrap this up before the Madrid game! 

2EB23115-7A8F-45B7-AC4D-FEA83A10CC09.jpeg

Awful news (if true)

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Not good news for those who don't want Enrique.

One good stint at a stacked Barcelona on the back of Pep's foundations is all he has at club level to pin his hat on, otherwise it's International football which has made even Southgate look semi-competent at times. 

Better than Potter no doubt, but quite some distance away from being considered the right man for the job imo.

Watching Spain in the WC was pitiful. So, so boring. Of all the potential candidates, he'd be my least preferred.

@paulw66

Enriques record at club level, is terrible, aside from a spell at Barca where he had a front 3 of Messi, Suarez and Neymar. Quite frankly, if you can't succeed with that front 3, you have no hope.

I didn't realise it until yesterday quite how poor he had been at Roma at Celta.

Roma, 42 games, 17 wins, 16 losses

Celta vigo, 40 games, 15 wins, 18 losses.

I do hope somebody at the club realises that his record at Barca with the level of talent he had at his disposal in a three team league says less about him than this dreadful club record and woeful Spain side .

Mind you they're probably thinking of buying Neymar and hoping it'll be fine.

Don't really know where we turn but please not here. 

• Agree 1

Just now, martin1905 said:

His stats at Roma and Celta Vigo need some context to be fair.

Anyone know what state either were in over 10 years ago or how they did before or after him?

No idea, but either way, they dont make good reading, especially next to what JN has acheived