JaneB

• JaneB changed the title to Real Madrid 2 Chelsea 0

Just about as expected, score line possibly better than I expected to be honest.

We are just so far away from this level at the moment. It’s going to be a long and painful road back to this competition and level for us I’m afraid guys and girls.

Football, why must I love you so.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Four games in a row no goals. What a side. 

No striker!

Of course there are other problems too, but it’s baffling we are playing for so long with no striker. Almost this entire season.

• Agree 1

I never expected anything from this so I'm not as disappointed as I could be.  Maybe I've learned this season that we can't help but be sh**

Still, with a player sent off it was 'only' 2 0 so not out of sight but unlikely to be redeemable.

I don't blame Frank.  He's had less than a week to deal with the sh**show that is Chelsea Football Club.

Can only hope that we can somehow manage a few encouraging results in the league.  Frank has nothing to lose so should go with his gut. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Four games in a row no goals. What a side. 

What’s increasing sad for me is that I’ve an old pal who’s a STH and avid fan who I played football with many years ago and has been to a few aways with me , who I found out is terminally ill at 60 years old. His last memories of Chelsea live will be this shower.

Edited by east lower
  • Sad 8

1 minute ago, Bones said:

No striker!

Of course there are other problems too, but it’s baffling we are playing for so long with no striker. Almost this entire season.

So many new players "for the future" and not one serious purchase for now and the next at least two seasons. Unless you count Sterling,,,if you must.

Really hurting...not at the defeat but at how far Chelsea have dropped in one season...anyone confident that next season will be better?

Relegation form since the WC.

• Like 1

@JaneB, sweary words and everything! That’s passion for you! 

Not the worst result in the world, could have been better but after going down to 10 on 60 mins could also have been a lot worse. 
Thought Fofana was great. We need goals and I just can’t see where they’re going to come from.

2 minutes ago, east lower said:

What’s increasing sad for me is that I’ve an old pal who’s a STH who I played football with many years ago and has been to a few aways with me , who I found out is terminally ill at 60 years old. His last memories of Chelsea live will be this shower.

Heart goes out to you brother and your pal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Chelsea have now failed to score in four successive matches in all competitions for the first time since November to December 1993. The Blues have not had a longer streak of competitive games without netting since a run of nine from March to May 1981.

They've also now lost more games than they have won in all competitions - 16 to 15.

Well… Goodnight everyone!

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

On the bright side Fernández is an absolute diamond. On the other hand Sterling and James are looking extremely poor and Chilwell is overmatched. 

Really? As much as I love Enzo, he had a very poor game today.  James too.  Possibly RJ's worst game in a Chelsea shirt.  Negative, sluggish and lacking ball control.

4 minutes ago, east lower said:

What’s increasing sad for me is that I’ve an old pal who’s a STH and avid fan who I played football with many years ago and has been to a few aways with me , who I found out is terminally ill at 60 years old. His last memories of Chelsea live will be this shower.

Sorry to hear that EL. My thoughts go out to your mate and you. 

Having my own health issues currently and I've been having similar thoughts about this season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Mount was unlucky at the end. That would’ve made the second tie a bit interesting at least. 

Never seen Reece James struggle so much in a game. Chilwell will be a miss second leg.  But that second goal has effectively killed the tie. Can’t see us getting two goals. Stranger things have happened. And we got nothing to lose. But it will need a miracle with this squad and no effective striker. 

Also, is it just me or was Kepa at fault for the first goal? While the second was a collective disaster class in falling asleep during a corner. 

Edited by Original 21
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, east lower said:

Sorry to hear that mate, thoughts with you, your mate and his family.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Really? As much as I love Enzo, he had a very poor game today.  James too.  Possibly RJ's worst game in a Chelsea shirt.  Negative, sluggish and lacking ball control.

Sorry to hear that EL. My thoughts go out to your mate and you. 

Having my own health issues currently and I've been having similar thoughts about this season. 

Indeed. Thoughts with you both.

Football is really not that important in the whole scheme of life.

Just a decent result and performance can give you such a mental lift every now and then. 

Dortmund at home is about the only one this season.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2