JaneB

On 11/04/2023 at 13:12, xceleryx said:

Wouldn't be shocked if end up on the wrong side of a cricket score in this one.

I'd rather be thrashed by Madrid than a City team who could beat us so badly over two legs that it might have long-term mental effects on some of our players.

This City team vs  this Chelsea team over two legs is the kind of sporting fixture where pro gamblers make their living. They wait and wait for the near 100% certainties as you can get in sport and pile on huge sums of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jasonb said:

Havertz does have the knack of getting goals for us in international matches yet agree he has been poor for some time. 

It’s odd but I’d rather play him against Real Madrid than Wolves. CL games seem to suit him better. Although last time against Madrid he did have Werner running wild alongside. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I'd rather be thrashed by Madrid than a City team who could beat us so badly over two legs that it might have long-term mental effects on some of our players.

This City team vs  this Chelsea team over two legs is the kind of sporting fixture where pro gamblers make their living. They wait and wait for the near 100% certainties as you can get in sport and pile on huge sums of money.

A terrible pro gambler might 😂 a good one certainly doesn’t 

7 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Kepa Arrizabalaga

Reece James   Thiago Silva   Kalidou Koulibaly

Conor Gallagher  Enzo Fernandez

Mykhailo Mudryk

No, not some crazy formation... all of them are on yellow cards and could potentially miss the second leg

Seven cards it is then! 

Breakfast conversation this am...Me.."I'll get some yard stuff done before the Chelsea game" (Bipolar Colorado..cancelled dental appt last Wednesday due to snow and road chaos..yesterday and today..clear blue sky and high 70's F )

Mrs C.."What time is it?"...Me.._"One o'clock"...Mrs C.."Hmm one oclock start switched off by two."

SIGH.

• Haha 4

On 11/04/2023 at 10:40, asvaberg said:

Agree and we're a cup-team, for what it's worth. The players will "raise" themselves, push together and surprise both us and the media........as long as we don't concede silly goals early in the game. We urgently need the first goal to lift the spirit.

"I think you'r getting into the realms of fantasy now Jones".

You never know ...stranger things have happened...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

"I think you'r getting into the realms of fantasy now Jones".

You never know ...stranger things have happened...

Ah Kev...my heart is with you and I still believe in Tinkerbell!

I look forward to the day we share a pint ot two even if only symbolically! (Goes for a few others here!)

1 hour ago, chara said:

Ah Kev...my heart is with you and I still believe in Tinkerbell!

I look forward to the day we share a pint ot two even if only symbolically! (Goes for a few others here!)

Mine's a gin and tonic!!!!

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Got to play 3 at the back.

Then it's a question of 343 or 352.

No away goals, so I'd be tempted to go 352 and make it boring as hell. 

Silva, KK, Fofana; James, Chilwell, Kante, Kova, Enzo........then 2 from Sterling, Mudryk, Havertz, Felix

I'd have done the job for less money than Frank. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Mine's a gin and tonic!!!!

I'll have a Portuguese reserve Port.

As for the game. This lot are far from a great RM side and wouldn't be anywhere challenging for the title in this country.  But as they showed last year they still have a couple of world class players who can produce moments of magic when needed, but they certainly can be got at defensively. 

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Haha 1