JaneB

On 11/04/2023 at 07:13, kev61 said:

That's because Rudiger acted on his own,seeing how weak the midfield was, he tried to help out as an impulsive reaction to a weak midfield.

Nothing to do with any managerial involvement.

Tuchel said in one interview that he instructed Rüdi to play this way and step out. Wont be able to find it now, but I recall it 100%

I might be the only Chelsea fan who still quite likes Havertz and I am slightly concerned about our forward two without him.

He is annoyingly inconsistent but was playing really well for a few games just before Potter left.

Even if he is a pretty inconsistent finisher I still back him more than Felix who has no striker's instinct or goal record whatsoever.

Feels a little bit like the Cucurella left-back decision last week - Sterling and Felix up front just sounds strange. Maybe it can work!

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I might be the only Chelsea fan who still quite likes Havertz and I am slightly concerned about our forward two without him.

He is annoyingly inconsistent but was playing really well for a few games just before Potter left.

Even if he is a pretty inconsistent finisher I still back him more than Felix who has no striker's instinct or goal record whatsoever.

Feels a little bit like the Cucurella left-back decision last week - Sterling and Felix up front just sounds strange. Maybe it can work!

I think the worry for me is there is no out-ball here without Havertz. He isn't great at being that back-to-goal hold up man, but he is the closest we have. With Sterling and Felix, we have no option when we're hemmed in and have to go long for immediate safety ... The ball will be coming straight back.

The flip is that it really is only on the break we have any chance of scoring, so speed and agility is what we need to prioritise in that sense.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Mine's a gin and tonic!!!!

First round on me!

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

Can I have a cup of tea? 🤣🤣🤣

NO!

49 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I'll have a Portuguese reserve Port.

Same as Jane...first on me!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I too was surprised he was dropped. Seems it was more so a team sacrifice, if you will, than an individual one based on performance.  This is a big night for Sterling. Has to perform. 

29 minutes ago, Bones said:

He is either very courageus or very dumb. Lets see. COME ON CHELS! 💙

A74628B0-4A09-47D8-8A36-FF7A6E648804.jpeg

Clutching at straws...(fated to be Sir )...Alf Ramsey C 1965..."England will win the 66 World Cup."....giggles and much belly laughing.....

(They think it's over!").........

Been out in the sun for a while so.......