JaneB

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We’d been doing well up until then, but you just cannot afford to switch off against this side.

I'd really disagree. We'd fluffed the two clear chances we're going to get from this set up, and slowly but surely ceded the ball and territory to the point everything was happening in our third and we had no way out. We'd not been outwardly appalling but it was inevitable. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd really disagree. We'd fluffed the two clear chances we're going to get from this set up, and slowly but surely ceded the ball and territory to the point everything was happening in our third and we had no way out. We'd not been outwardly appalling but it was inevitable. 

Agree about the chances missed, but we’re playing Madrid in Madrid, you have to accept they’re going to have the majority of possession, but we’d done well at keeping the ball in front of us and when they had tried to get in behind a couple of times Fofana did a good job of snuffing it out.

It wasn’t a perfect start, but I thought we’d been doing well.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Agree about the chances missed, but we’re playing Madrid in Madrid, you have to accept they’re going to have the majority of possession, but we’d done well at keeping the ball in front of us and when they had tried to get in behind a couple of times Fofana did a good job of snuffing it out.

It wasn’t a perfect start, but I thought we’d been doing well.

I'd agree, and that's why it's important to try and control where they have that possession.  There are obvious risks with trying to make that higher up the pitch, but we paid for settling for that line being basically our own penalty area.

It's all gone out the window now, anyway. Positionally all over the place and open.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd agree, and that's why it's important to try and control where they have that possession.  There are obvious risks with trying to make that higher up the pitch, but we paid for settling for that line being basically our own penalty area.

It's all gone out the window now, anyway. Positionally all over the place and open.

Yep, we’re now playing for scraps and when we get the scraps we’re just tossing them back.

• Agree 1

Well we are still in this.

We could have been leading but poor finishing from Felix and Sterling. Also had quite a few good transitions squandered by our midlfield.

Kepa should have handled that and KK was unacceptable for letting Benzema go past him.

Anyway! still in this!

Too many hiding out there, not enough of them brave enough to accept and offer themselves up to take the ball.

Get some legs on in midfield and make it a five. Take one of the lads off up-front and get the extra midfielder to cover for James when he breaks forward. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Every time .it seems, there is a 50/50 foot challenge the RM player wins the ball.

Terrific save from TC,,hate to say it...

Always a player short and Sterling has the decision making of a trapped wasp.

And Bones..I know you don't rate Kepa but please......

Edited by chara
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Every time .it seems, there is a 50/50 foot challenge the RM player wins the ball.

Terrific save from TC,,hate to say it...

Always a player short and Sterling has the decision making of a trapped wasp.

And Bones..I know you don't rate Kepa but please......

I have nothing against the lad! You’ve said it yourself - TC saved a similar one!