JaneB

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Sadly, Felix is not the player we need to be spending money on this summer. We can't afford to waste another ton of money on another player who has no end product.

Overall, pretty much as expected half by us. Isn't that 6 hours now without a goal?💩

Yeah he started brightly but turns out his finishing is like 65 if that was Fifa

Just now, Bones said:

I have nothing against the lad! You’ve said it yourself - TC saved a similar one!

But it wasn't....the away for TC was out of the goal mouth...for Kepa...isolated the only way was across goal,,,and a lone RM player.... 

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

And to think that next season we could be paying a million a week on wages for the wonderful combined talents of Sterling, Auba and Lukaku.😭

So it's not all bad then...😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chara said:

But it wasn't....the away for TC was out of the goal mouth...for Kepa...isolated the only way was across goal,,,and a lone RM player.... 

my point being TC makes world class saves where youre not expecting the keeper to make one, Kepa didnt here.

Its not his own fault for the goal, but top GK handles those from time to time.

Anyway, not blaming him entirely… Fofana and KK are equally at fault here. (Fofana failed to hold the line and missed Vinicius’ run, KK missed Benzema’s run)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RDCW said:

On the bright side Fernández is an absolute diamond. On the other hand Sterling and James are looking extremely poor and Chilwell is overmatched. 

Eeh, the "diamond" had too many bad passes/wrong choices.

But still, yes, he's great

I don't think we have that much choice but to keep things as they are, tbh. We already have no presence in Real's half. If we take one of Sterling/Felix off for an extra midfield body, we're trapping ourselves in our own half even more. If I was going to experiment with anything, it'd be Fofana off for Pulisic or Mudryk. I don't rate either much (one as a player, the other just in terms of where they are right now), and especially at WB ... But Fofana is on a booking and been exposed a fair few times. He's stepping into midfield a fair bit, so I'd be tempted to have James doing that.  

An unbalanced squad where every single player has been played into sh*t form for months on end. I don't envy Frank.

Generally, considering the hostile environment the slight  home bias of the officials and the fact that the whole country (including the commentary team) would love us to take a beating, things are not too bad at the moment. We are still in it, but another goal for them would end the tie as a contest because we can only score a limited number of goals.

• Like 1

Bring Mount on for Kovacic so he can help James(I know it will take a bit of jiggling) - we are getting murdered down the left.

Chilwell needs to tighten things up at the back.It looks like he has been told to push up.

Just now, Bones said:

my point being TC makes world class saves where youre not expecting the keeper to make one, Kepa didnt here.

Its not his own fault for the goal, but top GK handles those from time to time.

Anyway, not blaming him entirely… Fofana and KK are equally at fault here. (Fofana failed to hold the line and missed Vinicius’ run, KK missed Benzema’s run)

Sorry wasn't meaning to get at you..... usual union support!... he's not in the TC class and few are...and I dislike TC to the n'th degree!

5 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Bring Mount on for Kovacic so he can help James(I know it will take a bit of jiggling) - we are getting murdered down the left.

Chilwell needs to tighten things up at the back.It looks like he has been told to push up.

Yes we need Mase on for Kova. Mase can also play with his baxk to the goal

5 minutes ago, chara said:

Sorry wasn't meaning to get at you..... usual union support!... he's not in the TC class and few are...and I dislike TC to the n'th degree!

No worries, all good. I guess we’d both take TC over Kepa if we could 😁