Chelsea 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 2

JaneB

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep. I said it ages ago, we got a couple of wins under shit head and those fears went away, now they're back. 

OK..I'm as pessimistic as anyone here but the sort of form and win percentage required from the bottom 4/5 clubs with Chelsea getting a nil return between now and the end of the season is almost at miracle level.

GP's apparent non coaching has destroyed this season and the self belief of basically young players with the "senior" players, with one exception, just quietly or rather without a whimper ..capitulating responsibility.

The "Give GP Arteta type time" has a hollow ring now and did from the start for me.

Unjustly Chelsea could have nicked an equaliser although not playing well at times late on when "amongst" them showing that Brighton whilst good were made to look like peak Barca due to the ability of the Chelsea players to make the wrong decision nearly every time.

I genuinely expected to lose. I was close to putting a bet on 1 - 2 to Brighton with Welbeck as a scorer but couldn't bring myself to bet against my own team. It would at least have paid for some of the train fare down from Newcastle!!

Mudryk and Kepa are the only players who deserve some credit today. Otherwise we were second best all over the pitch. Horrendous to watch. 

If Real go beyond second gear I fear we may get humiliated.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Poor horses?what else would they be doing? - I wish I was treated as well😉

I'm half resting Jane however my niece rides out and looks after horses in Kildare.

She says the only thing they don't get is a menu before eating.

16 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

The only game we can realistically get points from is Forest at home. 

I wouldn't fancy us.

The overwhelming likelihood is we're safe, just because so many other teams would have to put uncharacteristic runs together  and the chances of that all coming together are slim. But if we hadn't had an actual coach for the first month of the season or this one went on for 4 or 5 more games, we would be totally screwed.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Poor horses?what else would they be doing? - I wish I was treated as well😉

Enjoying life in a field somewhere?

1 minute ago, kev61 said:

I'm half resting Jane however my niece rides out and looks after horses in Kildare.

She says the only thing they don't get is a menu before eating.

I presume you mean ‘jesting’ although you could mean resting 🤣

Look, I’m in a filthy mood and anyway now is not the time or place to pursue this further.

Suffice to say, if I was a dictator I would immediately ban horse and greyhound racing.

Now back to football.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Enjoying life in a field somewhere?

I presume you mean ‘jesting’ although you could mean resting 🤣

Look, I’m in a filthy mood and anyway now is not the time or place to pursue this further.

Suffice to say, if I was a dictator I would immediately ban horse and greyhound racing.

Now back to football.

👍

• Like 1

Lampard is clearly out of his depth, even more so than Potter. The sensible thing was to have installed Enrique straight away and given him the rest of the season to see who he wants to keep and to start the long task of coaching these players. They’d at least raise their game for him. I don’t see what the point of Frank is after Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Lampard is clearly out of his depth, even more so than Potter. The sensible thing was to have installed Enrique straight away and given him the rest of the season to see who he wants to keep and to start the long task of coaching these players. They’d at least raise their game for him. I don’t see what the point of Frank is after Tuesday. 

Yep.  The fact that we installed an interim means it's Nagelsman though. Enrique was available immediately. 

22 minutes ago, Bison said:

Thank god they didn't sack Tuchel in the summer. 

Tuchel is a manager in the top tier Klopp and Pep level. The CL win and period he had us firing in the league is testament to that. Basically that 2021 calendar year up until late Nov early Dec. Any manager we end up with will not be at that level. I know there were complex reasons behind his sacking (and I wanted it at the time) but it just looks so stupid in retrospect. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Tuchel is a manager in the top tier Klopp and Pep level. The CL win and period he had us firing in the league is testament to that. Basically that 2021 calendar year up until late Nov early Dec. Any manager we end up with will not be at that level. I know there were complex reasons behind his sacking (and I wanted it at the time) but it just looks so stupid in retrospect. 

As you say, the reasons for the sacking are unknowns and we’re told that off the field problems were the cause, however, for me the biggest error in the whole thing was the hiring of Potter and then blindly backing him for 4/5 months too long!

We we’re never going to be in a title race this season, too 4 would have been tough, although looking at performances from the other teams up there this season, it could have been possible. The main issue though for me is that having Potter in and in for so long has damaged us in the short and possible mid term as well.

• Agree 2