Chelsea 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 2

JaneB

15 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

If you're referring to me, no I didn't jump on the bandwagon AFTER realising 3 more horses had died.

From Facebook...

I am anti horse (and dog) racing and anti gambling, and have been for a long time.

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 11-11-15 Facebook.png

Just one last thing Bob and I ask this to every up in arms objector.

Are you a vegetarian?.Sorry mods I'm really not trying to shit stir, that's all from me on the subject.

42 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Really is a matter of limping through the season and waiting for the summer.

I'm just itching to see the clear out that'll happen to be honest with you. There's very few players that I'll be disappointed to see leave.

Agree with your post.

My additional disappointment is that so many players failed to impress or perform at a high or consistent enough level to justify their purchase.

Frank has come back with two of the players, who in part were supposed to enable his first season squad to kick on, still in the squad and in reality not much, if any further, on than their initial impact..or lack of it ...that was a factor..not the main factor.. in Frank's failure in his second season...says something.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

I'm just itching to see the clear out that'll happen to be honest with you. There's very few players that I'll be disappointed to see leave.

How do you know there will be a clear out?.

We might even add to the problem by buying new players!.like you I hope common sense prevails.

8 minutes ago, kev61 said:

If we can recoup 50% of the money we have spent on the drivel we have bought I would put that down as a success.

I would not worry about recouping money spent by the previous regime. The player played there part in delivering CL football and silverware during their time at the club. 

I would be more concerned recovering money from the £600m spent in the last two transfer windows. Of the players purchased you can probably count on one hand player who have a chance playing for an elite coach, should TB sports department decide to employ one. 

Maybe this one of the reasons for such a long interview process to hire a new head coach, with the TB sports department, looking for a coach willing to take a £600m millstone. 

22 minutes ago, kev61 said:

How do you know there will be a clear out?.

We might even add to the problem by buying new players!.like you I hope common sense prevails.

Do you honestly believe we're not going to sell players come the summer? 

We're going to see movement one way or another.

Kante is out of contract come the end of the season with no new deal yet agreed (hopefully stays that way personally), with Zakaria and Joao Felix (at least for now) returning to their clubs at the conclusion of the season. 

We then have 7 players who've got deals that expire at the end of 2024 - Thiago Silva, Kovacic, Azpilicueta, Aubameyang, Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic and Mount. Thiago Silva aside, there's a really good chance the rest all leave. Whether it's because we want to avoid losing anyone on a free, can't agree new contracts, they're no longer good enough, or they've reached their end date here. 

Then there's Ziyech who was virtually out the door in January. 

34 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I would not worry about recouping money spent by the previous regime. The player played there part in delivering CL football and silverware during their time at the club. 

I would be more concerned recovering money from the £600m spent in the last two transfer windows. Of the players purchased you can probably count on one hand player who have a chance playing for an elite coach, should TB sports department decide to employ one. 

Maybe this one of the reasons for such a long interview process to hire a new head coach, with the TB sports department, looking for a coach willing to take a £600m millstone. 

I'm talking about the entire money spent on drivel.One has lead us to another and the chickens have come home to roost.'A stitch in time'?.

I am full of cliches that will bore you to death...beware!.

Edited by kev61

12 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Then there's Ziyech who was virtually out the door in January. 

That's the problem he was "virtually out the door" and now he is even considered as a player for us.

Is it too much to say we have owners that are virtual?.

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

I would rather a new coach is hired and let him decided who comes and goes and is punted on loan. Which is football basics.  

Whoever comes in and get the club near the top 4 next will be a miracle worker. The two TB transfer windows are something that will be a hinderance rather than a help  

I think we bought too much too soon BUT there’s some good players there too. 

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

Just one last thing Bob and I ask this to every up in arms objector.

Are you a vegetarian?.Sorry mods I'm really not trying to shit stir, that's all from me on the subject.

Yes, since around 1980. Vegan since around the turn of the century. Sorry I didn't make diary entries to be more precise for you.

Wesley Fofana on Lampard:
"He told us to get our confidence back, and play simple football again. To get back to the basics, really. His words moved us all, because it’s what we needed, to get our confidence back. And to realise that we’re fighting for a great club."

So that worked...
Edited by charlie_sw6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, charlie_sw6 said:
Wesley Fofana on Lampard:
"He told us to get our confidence back, and play simple football again. To get back to the basics, really. His words moved us all, because it’s what we needed, to get our confidence back. And to realise that we’re fighting for a great club."

So that worked...

It worked immediately , they played exactly like they were simple. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The new five stages of grief as experienced by Chelsea FC supporters:

1. Denial. Potter will be ok, give the guy a chance.

2. Anger. Potter out.

3. Depression. Bruno Saltor

4. Hope. Frank Lampard.

5. Acceptance. We're shit and we know we are.

I'm sure someone could use our club as a basis for a Psychology Master's thesis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

This young Lady says it well and passionately.

She is absolutely spot on with her criticism and her conveyance of the despair which is the current state of mind of the Chelsea fan. I hope Todd Boehly sees this articulate denunciation of his and his team's performance.

Just now, RDCW said:

She is absolutely spot on with her criticism and her conveyance of the despair which is the current state of mind of the Chelsea fan. I hope Todd Boehly sees this articulate denunciation of his and his team's performance.

In fact SFL should play that interview to the squad.

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Yes, she speaks very well. Not sure what she would have expected from Aubameyang as a sub, but she puts on finger on the soul-destroying uselessness of the performance.

Well, having a CF in the middle might be a start. I'm not a fan, but without Havertz and Broja, and Fofana clearly not trusted, surely he has to play a part? There was a moment near the end, James crossed it from the right, and Dunk just chested it back to his goalie. The only attackers in the box were shorties....... Unless you are knocking the ball about like prime Barca or City, then I don't see how you play without a CF. Utter folly. 

19 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

We should never have paid that much money for him,  but to be fair to the recruitment team, Kepa was the most highly rated young keeper in the world with some saying he could go on to be the best in the world. Sadly, he never really improved or grew that much physically stronger. 

Who said that? A Spanish agent? Kepas agent? Kepas old club? 

No one who had actually watched him play and was impartial could have seen a future world class keeper in him. After 6 months here it was obvious he was not and never would be. 

14 hours ago, xceleryx said:

The only players we will sell for a reasonable amount is Mount, Colvill and Gallagher.

The rest will be giveaways. Pulisic, Ziyech, Auba, Kepa, Mendy, Azpilicueta, Cucurella, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, Broja, Fofana. None of them will fetch any meaningful fee. You can throw in Lukaku, Hudson-Odoi, Bakayoko, Anjorin, D Sterling, Baba Rahman, Maatsen, Ampadu and Sarr to that list as well. 

Getting rid of the above-mentioned players salaries will be the big bonus but we may not even be able to manage that. My bet is that we will see many of them away on subsidised loans until their fat contracts run out. We have been badly run for a good few years now, with an awful football strategy and non-existent transfer strategy. Boehly is accelerating it quite aggressively so who knows how far we can fall off. I mean, at this rate I wouldn’t rule out relegation 2024. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

This young Lady says it well and passionately.

Wow. She is spot on with every word. This  lot is rotten to the core I’m afraid and fooling ourselves that a Nagelsmann or an Enrique will turn it around is not healthy. They won’t. 

Doesn’t look like the players care much for each other or the club. They play for their wallets and it shows. We need to have some men chucked into this team. Proper men who will slap these boys around in training on a daily basis. Go out and find some players from England/Ireland/Scotland with some desire and balls. The balance is completely off, they’re all weak and mentally frail. Ziyech. If the grass is slightly off he can’t play. Pulisic, if someone looks at him funny he’ll disappear. They are all like that. Just imagine how badly we’ve gone from the team Lampard took to fourth in 2019/20. That team had more desire than talent. Desire always beats talent, ALWAYS. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

We need to have some men chucked into this team

That ain’t going to happen with  TB sports department in control. They are only interested in buying prospects at inflated prices. 

Edited by ROTG

7 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

The only players we will sell for a reasonable amount is Mount, Colvill and Gallagher.

The rest will be giveaways. Pulisic, Ziyech, Auba, Kepa, Mendy, Azpilicueta, Cucurella, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, Broja, Fofana. None of them will fetch any meaningful fee. You can throw in Lukaku, Hudson-Odoi, Bakayoko, Anjorin, D Sterling, Baba Rahman, Maatsen, Ampadu and Sarr to that list as well. 

Getting rid of the above-mentioned players salaries will be the big bonus but we may not even be able to manage that. My bet is that we will see many of them away on subsidised loans until their fat contracts run out. We have been badly run for a good few years now, with an awful football strategy and non-existent transfer strategy. Boehly is accelerating it quite aggressively so who knows how far we can fall off. I mean, at this rate I wouldn’t rule out relegation 2024. 

We may actually make a little bit of money on some of the deadwood that have deals expiring next season, purely because their remaining book values will be so low that even as terrible as they are now their transfer value will still likely exceed their remaining cost. Sort of similar to what we ended up getting out of the Jorginho deal in January. But yes, wages will be the biggest respite with a lot of those that potentially get moved on, outside of reducing numbers of course. 

As I sort of broke down in the who should we keep thread, a lot of those that have either ran their course here or have uncertain futures are entering the final 12-24 months of their contracts anyway. One way or another, there's going to be a lot of turnover in that time. 

23 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Of course we are going to "try" and sell players

The problem is they are on contracts that they can just lie back and do nothing madness!!!.

Who is going to buy our surplus to requirements?.Every club in the world has us over a barrel.

I said before we are probably going to have to take a half billion pound hit before we can move on.