Chelsea 0 Real Madrid 2 (0 - 4 on aggregate)

JaneB

The defending for that goal was keystone kops stylee.

Cucu doesn't have to close down

Chalobah doesn't have to slide tackle 

Then we've got six men V three in our box and they still score whilst we're knocking each other over.

Nobody can fix stupid.

We're doomed.

Edited by Mark Kelly
Autospell

Our players can’t even be bothered in a quarter final match in the CL. I don’t care if we’re all but out, the very least I expect to see is some fight and passion. 

At this point, I genuinely don’t care who we sell in the summer. Good luck to whatever poor soul take the managers job.

I don't get Lampard anymore... I mean, what is this obsession with playing those underperforming, overpriced English players? If he thinks those guys will go and put on a show like he and Terry did back in the day, he is lying to himself.

Every single Madrid midfielder and forward has exquisite technique, can play facing up or with their back to goal, can receive and play passes with both feet, one touch or two touch etc etc etc. Oh and their wingers at lightening quick on top of that too.

We've spent massive money assembling a squad that doesn't have half the technique their players do. You put most of our players in their team and they would stick out like a sore thumb, such is the disparity in technical ability.

How do you fix that? You can't coach technique at this age. You either have it or you don't. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, phicho said:

I don't get Lampard anymore... I mean, what is this obsession with playing those underperforming, overpriced English players? If he thinks those guys will go and put on a show like he and Terry did back in the day, he is lying to himself.

The real and most worrying issue is not  which players we play, what position they play in, what formation we play or what the nationality of the players involved are. The real and worrying issue is the vast majority of this squad are simply not good enough, with a good number of them being nowhere near good enough. 

People are kidding themselves if they think a Nagelsnann can walk in here and turn this lot of sow's ears into silk purses.

We are now back to pre-Hoddle Chelsea level.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 1