Chelsea kits

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Looks like one of those glass ornaments your mum owned or a marble. 

Flames! Looks like a pattern in a liquid.

I’m serious when I say that people deserve the elbow for this debacle.

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It really is dog sh*t.

Quite befitting for where we are as a club right now.

No sponsor, third tier of European football, two clowns in charge of the football operation and a Championship manager. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Not a standard one but I loved the third kit from 04-05.

image.jpeg.fd6990b69af029beab4aecdc34a7f3bd.jpeg

For some reason, it makes me think of Tore Andre Flo. It's odd because he had long gone by then..

This is my all time favourite kit. If they released it as a retro line I'd be all over it.

• Like 1

And...who on earth thinks they can foist "catch phrases" on the fans,,,,"We burn Chelsea"...what a load of bollocks to quote someone.

I may bleed Chelsea..cry Chelsea but burn?,,,just stop it for fucks sake.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, chara said:

And...who on earth thinks they can foist "catch phrases" on the fans,,,,"We burn Chelsea"...what a load of bollocks to quote someone.

I may bleed Chelsea..cry Chelsea but burn?,,,just stop it for fucks sake.

The kit is SO bad that Chara has lost his shit.

Think about that people!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

The only possible saving grace for this abomination, is that once we do finally get a sponsor, it will cover some of the bloody awful design up. I suggest they use a very big logo.

Take your point but it's less a saving grace than a minimising of an abomination.

I can only think that there are long term plans to enter a local Bowling League...might work under bright lights and a Bowling Alley setting!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chara said:

Take your point but it's less a saving grace than a minimising of an abomination.

I can only think that there are long term plans to enter a local Bowling League...might work under bright lights and a Bowling Alley setting!

‘Bowling Alley Setting’ - is that a euphemism for something that shirt might be used to wipe!

Genuinely the worst Chelsea shirt I’ve ever seen.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, east lower said:

‘Bowling Alley Setting’ - is that a euphemism for something that shirt might be used to wipe!

Genuinely the worst Chelsea shirt I’ve ever seen.

No.but impressive revisionist use!... and Yep....worst ever,,

As a Renaissance Man I can only point out the Classic simplicity and sheer good taste of the Royal/Chelsea Blue as opposed to the bland somewhat inferior complex images of the plain White or the garish self promotion of the Red colours used elsewhere...stripes and split colours merely indicate a somewhat bucolic approach to fashion on the playing field.

To make a pigs ear of such a basic Class colour design component is akin to spraying a Bentley with LSD inspired  graffiti.

40 minutes ago, chara said:

No.but impressive revisionist use!... and Yep....worst ever,,

As a Renaissance Man I can only point out the Classic simplicity and sheer good taste of the Royal/Chelsea Blue as opposed to the bland somewhat inferior complex images of the plain White or the garish self promotion of the Red colours used elsewhere...stripes and split colours merely indicate a somewhat bucolic approach to fashion on the playing field.

To make a pigs ear of such a basic Class colour design component is akin to spraying a Bentley with LSD inspired  graffiti.

The FA Cup 1970 winners replica done in 2020/21 was just as you described and a great looking bit of kit. 

I’m not sure Nike have produced us a really great looking blue shirt. Adidas however, did.

• Like 1

If it couldn’t get any worse, look at the promotional photos of the players in the shirts and shorts paired up. 

Perhaps there’s some subliminal hypnotic effect on the opponents in the design. Certainly makes me feel a bit queasy.

45 minutes ago, east lower said:

If it couldn’t get any worse, look at the promotional photos of the players in the shirts and shorts paired up. 

Perhaps there’s some subliminal hypnotic effect on the opponents in the design. Certainly makes me feel a bit queasy.

Is the subliminal message from on High to burn this version?... imagine the media apoplexy if we all sacrificed hard earned cash to destroy it? Grass Roots rebellion at it's greatest!

💩🚽💡🔥

I can but dream........

• Agree 1

Not trying to be contrarian, but it is amazing what you get used to. Just think of that pink monstrosity that Everton used to wear   The key to any new strip is success on the field. Be successful and the shirts will sell even if they look like an oil slick on water.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Bison said:

Quite befitting for where we are as a club right now.

No sponsor, third tier of European football, two clowns in charge of the football operation and a Championship manager. 

I was just about to say, this shirt is in many ways a great representation of where this ownership has taken us. 

On 14/07/2024 at 14:14, Sciatika said:

Not a standard one but I loved the third kit from 04-05.

image.jpeg.fd6990b69af029beab4aecdc34a7f3bd.jpeg

For some reason, it makes me think of Tore Andre Flo. It's odd because he had long gone by then..

2nd Chelsea shirt I ever had. Loved it! Screams Damian Duff for me.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, ChelseaJambo said:

2nd Chelsea shirt I ever had. Loved it! Screams Damian Duff for me.

Yep.  Always makes me think of him scoring in the away thrashing of Lazio.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

They've even roped in Hazard to Cobham today to try to sell the thing.  

Desperate measures.  

I saw that . it did look a bit better on him to be fair . He's rotund enough to fill it out and make the pattern swirl more