Chelsea kits

22 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Green?! You don’t see that often as a Chelsea kit. Do we know which one is 2nd and 3rd? I’m thinking the one Nkunku is wearing should be the 3rd? Isn’t it too similar to our home shirt? 

Guessing the green will be the away with same colour shorts & socks (or maybe white shorts) and the blue/back is 3rd kit and will have black shorts and socks to make it as much of a contrast as possible? 

22 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Look at this beauty and tell me it isn't better than those two away monstrosities!

chelsea-retro-replicas-football-shirt-1985-1986-s_38672_1.jpg

It looks like an Arsenal or Liverpool shirt though. Neither being a good thing. 

21 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Am I misremembering or was the kit due on sale today? Guessing it's been put back for sponsorship. 

20 hours ago, Bert19 said:

16th i think?

It was the 16th yes, but the Megastore no longer has that date pop up anymore, so it may have been quietly delayed. 

I was hoping the sponsor wouldn't be sorted in time and perhaps due to some contractual obligation with Nike they would have to be sold regardless. Would love a kit with no sponsor. 

18 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The sponsorless shirts are now available to buy from the Chelsea Megastore. Not bought a kit in ages, but tempted....

I just snapped mine up! I doubt a shirt will ever be available again without a sponsor logo on it, so I took the plunge despite the outrageous cost (nearly £100 including postage).

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I just snapped mine up! I doubt a shirt will ever be available again without a sponsor logo on it, so I took the plunge despite the outrageous cost (nearly £100 including postage).

I hope this news doesn't mean the EPL have turned down our proposed deal with Infinite Athlete though.

50 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I hope this news doesn't mean the EPL have turned down our proposed deal with Infinite Athlete though.

The website does say that the "official launch" is next week so maybe they've just realised there's a demand for unsponsored kits or maybe they're just building up a bank of orders ready to be sent out fully sponsored up next week?

However , the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if the EPL have decided to veto the deal so we don't keep outbidding Liverpool 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The website does say that the "official launch" is next week so maybe they've just realised there's a demand for unsponsored kits or maybe they're just building up a bank of orders ready to be sent out fully sponsored up next week?

However , the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if the EPL have decided to veto the deal so we don't keep outbidding Liverpool 

Looks like they will be blank unsponsored shirts, the banner at the top of the page says -

We’re excited to announce that our 23/24 season home kit is now available to buy and delighted to offer our fans early access. If a “Front of Shirt” sponsor is subsequently announced in the future, fans will have the opportunity to buy this version via our Megastore or online store. Unfortunately, we cannot permit fans to return blank shirts for branding to be applied post-purchase.

Just now, Lump Of Celery said:

Looks like they will be blank unsponsored shirts, the banner at the top of the page says -

We’re excited to announce that our 23/24 season home kit is now available to buy and delighted to offer our fans early access. If a “Front of Shirt” sponsor is subsequently announced in the future, fans will have the opportunity to buy this version via our Megastore or online store. Unfortunately, we cannot permit fans to return blank shirts for branding to be applied post-purchase.

Ahh ta , didn't see that !

On 05/08/2023 at 19:14, Ham said:

We had the jade green kit in the 1980s.  Part of the appalling "Chelsea Collection" 🤮

I think the black and navy kit is the second kit. 

Ah yes I remember that, didn’t Ken Bates dismiss all the kit manufacturers and decided to have it designed and made internally on the cheap.

• Agree 1

On 05/08/2023 at 20:28, Thiago97 said:

^this was it…..not the best and not feeling the red……though i realise probably in the minority, I do prefer this older badge design. Maybe cos it more my era starts to follow the club

I reckon you’d definitely be in the minority preferring that badge, although I’d be curious to know how people feel about that badge. I remember at the time some people hating it as it looked too similar to Millwalls badge.

I guess it might be a generation thing as well, like you say if you started following the club in the late 80s or 90s then it would be what you’re used to.

Personally I much prefer our ‘proper’ badge lol, but I do have some fond memories of the kits with that badge and I got some nice sweatshirts and training gear with that badge over the years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JonnyCFC said:

Ah yes I remember that, didn’t Ken Bates dismiss all the kit manufacturers and decided to have it designed and made internally on the cheap.

Yep.  It was really bad quality shite. Shite badge too. I bought a thin jacket from the collection and it lasted a few months. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, RDCW said:

Looked on the AU version and they've already sold out. $140 a kit though, plus whatever else for postage. Even without a sponsor not sure I could justify that much on a kit that'll probably sit in a box with the rest of the ones I've got. 

Maybe I'll grab a DHgate special for a third of the price and not worry about it getting trashed.