Chelsea kits

Just now, Bert19 said:

PL making the rules up as they go along as per? 

Originally it was reported that they didn't think we were worth the money they were offering. 

Then it was reported as they were looking into the links between the owners and infinite Athlete. 

I'm sure we were told originally the deal was £60m and now it's £40m 

I do wonder what the truth of the matter was / is. 

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

One which has clear links to our owners, which is one of kind of charges against City. So how are we being allowed to get away with this?

There is a VERY big difference between our situation and City's. 

They literally paid 90% of the money that was supposed to be coming from the sponsors themselves.

Fake sponsorship.

The fact that Etihad was very much linked to the owners of the club by blood was a secondary issue. 

Related parties. 

• Agree 3

Our owners have a long standing relationship with the businesses that became Infinite Athlete, the nature of our own ownership is fairly opaque, and the reported figures are significant given Infinite Athlete are new and don't have years of accounts to rely on. I imagine this genuinely was a fairly complicated deal to examine rather than any PL malice.

• Like 1

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Looked over by the same  people who thought it was acceptable to let the Saudis buy Newcastle.

I have no more faith in those running the Premier League than I do those running UEFA and FIFA

The point I was making was they won't be in a position to have a go later if they've already waved it through as ok regardless of their competency .

5 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

I  wanna know why Jackson wears 1970s shorts?
Right up his Jackson.

It drives me insane when Jackson and Gusto spend so much time and energy hitching their shorts up during games. 

It's like when Mount was constantly playing with his hair during games. 

Concentrate on the bloody game FFS!

12 hours ago, Ham said:

It drives me insane when Jackson and Gusto spend so much time and energy hitching their shorts up during games. 

It's like when Mount was constantly playing with his hair during games. 

Concentrate on the bloody game FFS!

Can't the kit man rummage in the store room for a couple of pairs from the 1980s?

26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I thought the shirts with the new sponsorship looked great last night , much better in my opinion than they do without a sponsor where they are too plain looking . 

Fully agree. 

The sponsor on the front kinda makes a kit a kit really. I'd be more tempted to pick one up now with the sponsor then I was without it. After having picked up the FA Cup kit from a few years ago with the matte Yokohama Tyres branding, it was quickly apparent it ended up being a glorified blue t-shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Fully agree. 

The sponsor on the front kinda makes a kit a kit really. I'd be more tempted to pick one up now with the sponsor then I was without it. After having picked up the FA Cup kit from a few years ago with the matte Yokohama Tyres branding, it was quickly apparent it ended up being a glorified blue t-shirt. 

I'm puzzled by the anonymous names.
Samsung was fine.  Autoglass was fine - I even used Autoglass once, they were excellent back in the 80s and 90s when car radios were being nicked all the time.
But Infinite Athlete?  wtf is that?  At least with Yokohama Tyres I knew what the product was even though I have never been aware of any in UK.

Edit:  After an 11 year sponsorship with Chelsea which lasted till 2015, I finally bought a Samsung product.  Got it Saturday.

https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/c/chelsea/sponsors-t7.html

Edited by Dwmh

1 minute ago, Dwmh said:

I'm puzzled by the anonymous names.
Samsung was fine.  Autoglass was fine - I even used Autoglass once, they were excellent back in the 80s and 90s when car radios were being nicked all the time.
But Infinite Athlete?  wtf is that?  At least with Yokohama Tyres I knew what the product was even though I have never been aware of any in UK.

If you've used the 5th stand app to watch games with in-game data, then you've used their services. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

If you've used the 5th stand app to watch games with in-game data, then you've used their services. 

Still no idea.  But that sounds even odder - do they market any products as Infinite Athlete?  Or is it all marketed as XXX fc TV or 5th stand?  In which case why use a brand name no one uses on a football shirt?

Must have been a very very low price.

(I remember askig Toby on CFCnet maybe 15 years ago - why does anyone use Apps when all they offer is an alternative version of the webpage.  Still don't really understand that.)

Edited by Dwmh

17 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Still no idea.  But that sounds even odder - do they market any products as Infinite Athlete?  Or is it all marketed as XXX fc TV or 5th stand?  In which case why use a brand name no one uses on a football shirt?

Must have been a very very low price.

(I remember askig Toby on CFCnet maybe 15 years ago - why does anyone use Apps when all they offer is an alternative version of the webpage.  Still don't really understand that.)

They are a supplier of ours.  The use proprietary technology to improve our in game data/stats. 

Not just us either, they're also suppliers to the NFL.  

They were formed recently after the merger of two tech companies. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I thought the shirts with the new sponsorship looked great last night , much better in my opinion than they do without a sponsor where they are too plain looking . 

Absolutely

Can't wait for the next home game on TV when the camera pans around and zooms, on the 25 stone bloater in the west stand wear the kit with INFINITE ATHLETE on it.

3 hours ago, Ham said:

They are a supplier of ours.  The use proprietary technology to improve our in game data/stats. 

Not just us either, they're also suppliers to the NFL.  

They were formed recently after the merger of two tech companies. 

Which is a great reason to send marketing men to football clubs.
But why buy the shirt space?

15 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Which is a great reason to send marketing men to football clubs.
But why buy the shirt space?

Because they want more exposure to sports teams around the rest of the world, not just in the NFL. 

49 minutes ago, Ham said:

Because they want more exposure to sports teams around the rest of the world, not just in the NFL. 

Sorry the whole point about spending advertising money is to target your audience (club directors) and not spend anything wasteful on other audiences (football fans at ground, watching TV in UK and around the world).
I'll stick to my point, advertising on Chelsea shirts seems a 98% waste of money by IA (and implies a very very low fee too)

see below all but TeamViewer and IA are selling direct to Retail customers.
The Gambling industry is particularly well targeted.
TeamViewer has a much larger number of potential customers than IA which should be concentrating on direct sales and contacts to owners.
It just makes no sense

image.thumb.png.3072bea36542c79491459b0db8b8d106.pnghttps://www.scoreandchange.com/overview-of-the-2023-2024-premier-league-sponsors/

49 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Sorry the whole point about spending advertising money is to target your audience (club directors) and not spend anything wasteful on other audiences (football fans at ground, watching TV in UK and around the world).
I'll stick to my point, advertising on Chelsea shirts seems a 98% waste of money by IA (and implies a very very low fee too)

TeamViewer has a much larger number of potential customers than IA which should be concentrating on direct sales and contacts to owners.
It just makes no sense

image.thumb.png.3072bea36542c79491459b0db8b8d106.pnghttps://www.scoreandchange.com/overview-of-the-2023-2024-premier-league-sponsors/

I don't know what circles you move in but the very very low fee is £40m per season. 

2 hours ago, Dwmh said:

It just makes no sense

The shirt sponsorship isn't just seen by fans at the ground though. That's the point of choosing a world famous club. 

The images of football shirts are often immortalised in history thanks to trophy wins or iconic moments. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't know what circles you move in but the very very low fee is £40m per season. 

And we are seriously asked to take that as an investment in advertising by a company that targets senior executives of a few hundred companies?  They could gift wrap them all a Lamborghini, drop it off and ask for a 30 min meeting for that.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

The shirt sponsorship isn't just seen by fans at the ground though. That's the point of choosing a world famous club. 

The images of football shirts are often immortalised in history thanks to trophy wins or iconic moments. 

Which makes perfect sense for the other 19 sponsors on that list.