Chelsea kits

On 29/04/2023 at 09:30, My Blood Is Blue said:

Bringing back this topic now that we’re starting to see a few leaks/concepts for next season.

Apparently this Jan what the kit for next season will look like:

IMG_1673.jpeg

I don't get wound up by kits but this is absolutely lightyears better than the abomination they are supposed to be releasing, sans sponsor. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

Um... 

https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/s/pTT2Wdo9FM

I think the fashion police may be after us soon. 

RDT_20240711_2301336662421462498899782.jpg

RDT_20240711_2303475945702380587279522.jpg

Easily the worst football kit I've seen in recent memory.

Some kits are so bad they are good (eg the tangerine and graphite Coors away circa 1995/6) but this is so bad it is unwearable. Absolutely dreadful. An embarrassment. 

If the leaks are right, which I see no reason why they won't be as they are appearing in many different places, then I think Nike may have outdone themselves and actually made the worst Chelsea kit of all time and it'll be up there with the worst kits of all time, it is that bad. How a designer has come up with it and how anyone has then approved it is beyond me! 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If the leaks are right, which I see no reason why they won't be as they are appearing in many different places, then I think Nike may have outdone themselves and actually made the worst Chelsea kit of all time and it'll be up there with the worst kits of all time, it is that bad. How a designer has come up with it and how anyone has then approved it is beyond me! 

This is the mind-blowing thing. A team of designers have come up with this and a couple of other designs and had to go through three or four development reporting stages including pitching them to the marketing types. SOMEHOW this has emerged as the winner and has been signed off by everyone. 

It makes me wonder, it really does. 

Imagine getting a degree in design, knowing everything there is to know about textiles, being part of one of (we assume) the best paid creative teams in sportswear, having years of experience, and still coming back with this. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Morgs said:

This is the mind-blowing thing. A team of designers have come up with this and a couple of other designs and had to go through three or four development reporting stages including pitching them to the marketing types. SOMEHOW this has emerged as the winner and has been signed off by everyone. 

Imagine getting a degree in design, knowing everything there is to know about textiles, being part of one of (we assume) the best paid creative teams in sportswear, having years of experience, and still coming back with this. 

It's crazy, isn't it?! I don't think they'll sell as many as normal because it is absolutely hideous. Maybe the kids will love it, maybe this is fashionable now... if so, I'm glad I'm not fashionable anymore!

Our contract with Nike ends after the 31/32 season, so we still have many more kits from this lot.

In 1877,  art critic John Ruskin criticized Whistler's Nocturne in Black and Gold: The Falling Rocket, as “flinging a pot of paint in the public's face.”

Looks to me like someone missed the face and hit the shirt.

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Morgs said:

There was a nice plain blue one with (strangely) orange and white hi-lights mocked up recently without that mental toothpaste squiggle and it was much much better than this horrorshow . 

Someone needs their heads examined 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It's crazy, isn't it?! I don't think they'll sell as many as normal because it is absolutely hideous. Maybe the kids will love it, maybe this is fashionable now... if so, I'm glad I'm not fashionable anymore!

Our contract with Nike ends after the 31/32 season, so we still have many more kits from this lot.

image 1 of Men's The Simpsons Grandpa Simpson Quote  Graphic Tee Red Heather Small

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It hasn't been released yet.

Where is the photo from? It can't be anything official.

It's common for individual employees of different stores to leak kits. Since they've now been sent around the world, more people get their hands on the and there's more chance of mistakes. In this case, it's entirely possible that these have been put on the shelves early by mistake.

This happens quite commonly with new releases of books as well, and key art of games gets leaked similarly. I would be really surprised if this kit is not completely real.

15 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

Um... 

https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/s/pTT2Wdo9FM

I think the fashion police may be after us soon. 

RDT_20240711_2301336662421462498899782.jpg

RDT_20240711_2303475945702380587279522.jpg

I’d say it’s highly unlikely this is the actual kit. If it’s even real, I’d say it’s most likely a training kit. 

Would it prove to be the actual match kit then I agree with whoever said it before - quite possibly the worst football kit ever. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wit til they start advertising it modeled by Chilly and Mudryk. 😉

Where's that double facepalm meme when I need it?

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wit til they start advertising it modeled by Chilly and Mudryk. 😉

Surely you have something better to contribute than this. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think it will sell loads. Most supporters who buy kits will do that no matter what. Kids will still want it. And it's a deliberate targeting of an audience who increasingly want "statement" football shirts, irrespective of the team. It is a move straight from the playbook of fashion house and sometime football club Arsenal FC.

It is almost certainly the home kit and it is  to my eye easily the worst in my 38 years.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

It is almost certainly the home kit and it is  to my eye easily the worst in my 38 years.

I have even more years and still agree!...there have been some bad ones but they were generally  "clumsy" bad...not Designer Bad!

Really does look like the colour's run badly - really resembles the bottom of a swimming pool, or a hard bus seat. Must be a joke ...

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m looking forward to seeing how they market it, what’s the story going to be this time? Will it be inspired by the recovery pools at Cobham? 

Inspired by the "Olde London toothpaste works" the ruins of which was where Stamford Bridge was built upon. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

Another video of the kit...

Seems to have been removed from Twitter, guessing she uploaded it early.

Basically, it was a video of the kit in a box being opened by someone. It's the exact same one as shown above that almost all of us dislike.

Oh dear... I guess we'll get used to it.