Chelsea kits

Just now, Sleeping Dave said:

Green?! You don’t see that often as a Chelsea kit. Do we know which one is 2nd and 3rd? I’m thinking the one Nkunku is wearing should be the 3rd? Isn’t it too similar to our home shirt? 

We had the jade green kit in the 1980s.  Part of the appalling "Chelsea Collection" 🤮

I think the black and navy kit is the second kit. 

46 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

^this was it…..not the best and not feeling the red……though i realise probably in the minority, I do prefer this older badge design. Maybe cos it more my era starts to follow the club

I would be surprised if you were in a minority regarding the red!......WE are BLUE..Arse,Manure and that other lot are RED..never the twain shall meet !!

"Other" reds or blues are of little consequence the same as different shades and anything stripey or "plain". ....and all as far as I am concerned in kit terms are lesser entities.

Not that I take these things seriously.........

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, chara said:

I would be surprised if you were in a minority regarding the red!......WE are BLUE..Arse,Manure and that other lot are RED..never the twain shall meet !!

"Other" reds or blues are of little consequence the same as different shades and anything stripey or "plain". ....and all as far as I am concerned in kit terms are lesser entities.

Not that I take these things seriously.........

I didn’t write that post very well. I meant in the minority on the club badge of the 80s / 90s. It was a rushed post 😂

25 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I didn’t write that post very well. I meant in the minority on the club badge of the 80s / 90s. It was a rushed post 😂

OK.....didn't quite sound like you😁 but thanks for giving me an excuse to revel in my tribalism!

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Regarding red kits, CFC has a very long history of having red second/third choice shirts. I remember seeing us play in red in the 70s an 80s. I'm surprised some of those of my generation or older don't recall us playing in red.

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/chelsea-fc-kits/

There were a lot of "strange" things in the 70/80's!!😁( Glad you are back!)

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Regarding red kits, CFC has a very long history of having red second/third choice shirts. I remember seeing us play in red in the 70s an 80s. I'm surprised some of those of my generation or older don't recall us playing in red.

It comes surprisingly often . I like the red shirts , always have. 

17 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Oh I remember red kits. I just hated them.  I don't even like a bit of red on the collar or sleeve.  

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I do remember 60's-70's kits, and I have always disliked the red ones.