Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

Unbelievable performance by LJ today. I would go as far as to say that's the best performance by a female player I've ever seen.

I have no doubt that she will be accepted as the best player in the world very soon. 

Would have been 3 world class goals and 3 assists today were it not for a dodgy VAR decision. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Indeed. The goal that was disallowed (not sure it was offside) was a beauty, and the deft side footed finish was sublime. The pundits were raving about her after the match and rightly so. Incredible performance!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a weird game. Man City started better and got a goal (albeit deflected) and some other chances. And then Chelsea settled down and started to dominate. Some very fussy decisions by the referee. Then, she gave a second yellow to Greenwood for wasting time.  If it had been Millie Bright I would have been fed up. Lauren James has been a bit anonymous. 

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

What a weird game. Man City started better and got a goal (albeit deflected) and some other chances. And then Chelsea settled down and started to dominate. Some very fussy decisions by the referee. Then, she gave a second yellow to Greenwood for wasting time.  If it had been Millie Bright I would have been fed up. Lauren James has been a bit anonymous. 

Guro is for Chelsea-Women as Haaland is for ManC - they are both clever, hardworking Norwegian goalscorers 🙂

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

If it'd been Millie Bright dawdling needlessly over a first half free kick having already picked up an avoidable booking, I'd also have been fed up. With Millie Bright.

I think a point at City will look good in a few months, but a very disappointing performance,  clearly not there in terms of tactics or fitness yet.

Lauren James is either world class or completely absent. I suppose that is the price you pay.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

There were too many loose passes in the second half, and I thought Fran and Sam both failed to make much of an impact. I suppose I should be grateful that we did not lose, but it feels like an opportunity lost.

Edited by Sciatika

58 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Didn't see any of the game but just read the Guardian's match report, which appears to have been written by the secretary of the City supporters club.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/08/manchester-city-womens-super-league-match-report

Yeah, that's total BS. The Lawrence challenge she mentions ..  Hemp challenged Lawrence, not the other way round. The crowd felt wronged and screamed for a booking, but that doesn't make it one.

City had very little discipline and that is entirely on them.

23 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Lauren James is either world class or completely absent. I suppose that is the price you pay.

One hope Emma will give her a reality check, also her brother. 
maybe a few weeks out of the firing line might do her a world of good. 

I'm a huge fan of Lauren James but what sometimes frustrates me is that she doesn't work hard enough to go with her talent.

When she lost possession yesterday she threw her arms up and stood still rather than sprinting to get it back. 

Also, I'm a fan of a player with a languid style but by Jesus, she's virtually walking with the ball at times.

I'd like to see a bit more urgency and attack from her and I'd also like to see her lose a good few pounds, like her brother. 

She looks very unfit. 

Niamh Charles is ridiculously underrated.  She's been our most consistent player these past two seasons.  Great finish by Kerr too. 

One minor criticism .... That loud gobshite fan is forcing me to watch with the volume off 🙉

Edited by Ham

16 hours ago, Ham said:

Niamh Charles is ridiculously underrated.  She's been our most consistent player these past two seasons.  Great finish by Kerr too. 

One minor criticism .... That loud gobshite fan is forcing me to watch with the volume off 🙉

Put some respect on Basil's name! 

Charles and Carter, who I have been very critical of in the past, have come on leaps and bounds in the last 18 months. 

Edited by thevelourfog

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Put some respect on Basil's name! 

Charles and Carter, who I have been very critical of in the past, have come on leaps and bounds in the last 18 months. 

Is that his name?  The microphone is far too close to him. It's painful to listen to at home on TV.  He never stops. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Is that his name?  The microphone is far too close to him. It's painful to listen to at home on TV.  He never stops. 

Yeah, they've made Kingsmeadow seating fixed this year and have to say I was relieved when I got there yesterday and was a good distance from him! The kids all love him and he's a really friendly, optimistic guy, though. Glad he's there even if it does my head in occasionally. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...