Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I wonder where she’s off to … apparently somewhere outside of the Women's Super League and club football.

I think she will become a pundit or a presenter

They love her on sky and talksh1t who have not replace Laura Woods. Also will give her more time with her young family. 

Edited by ROTG
Will always be a Chelsea Legend for woman’s football

4 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Not going for England manager, then? I did wonder... Wiegman has been there for three years, so maybe time for a change?

She’s leaving football. Emma Hayes has been utterly amazing. I feel sorry for her successor! Sort of like when Moyes succeeded Ferguson. Hiding to nothing!

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

46 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

She’s leaving football

"... outside of the Women's Super League and club football." doesn't mean leaving football, just WSL and club football. So international football remains a possibility.

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

She’s leaving football. Emma Hayes has been utterly amazing. I feel sorry for her successor! Sort of like when Moyes succeeded Ferguson. Hiding to nothing!

1 hour ago, Dwmh said:

There is a long list of them.

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Quite right. Could well be England.

Team USA I have heard 

• Thanks 1

This non emotional message signals to me the farewell wasn't a very nice one.  Perhaps Emma had an argument with the club? If so it's worrying that it is another high profile professional not getting along with the new power people within the club perhaps? 

(I am more suggesting a hypothesis rather than saying my conclusion, perhaps there is someone more knowledgeable to educate us on this matter)

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 21.56.30.png

1 hour ago, Bones said:

This non emotional message signals to me the farewell wasn't a very nice one.  Perhaps Emma had an argument with the club? If so it's worrying that it is another high profile professional not getting along with the new power people within the club perhaps? 

She still has work to do.  To the end of this season.
Wouldn't want her players to see her get emotional just yet.

Emma Hayes set for US Women job after quitting Chelsea

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/39123812-87a5-4e63-84f4-6c71719f7cdf?shareToken=283c030d7f60fb3b88139782643bedda

Emma Hayes will leave Chelsea at the end of the season to pursue a new opportunity outside the Women’s Super League and club football.

It now seems certain that she will take over as head coach of the United States women’s national team, who are now led by the interim manager Twila Kilgore after a disappointing World Cup resulted in the exit of Vlatko Andonovski.

Hayes, 47, has won 15 major honours since being appointed Chelsea manager in 2012 and is seen as one of the greatest managers in the women’s game.

Hayes managed in the US in the early part of her career, including during a period in charge of Chicago Red Stars before she joined Chelsea, and speaks highly of the country and its footballing pedigree. The job is understood to be one of the few that could have tempted Hayes away from Chelsea, where she is highly thought of both on and off the pitch.

“Emma has been one of the biggest drivers of change in women’s football,” Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley, Chelsea’s co-sporting directors, said. “Her achievements at Chelsea are unrivalled and will live in the club’s history forever.

“Given everything she has contributed to Chelsea in over a decade with the club, and the legacy she leaves behind, we would never stand in her way when she felt it was the right time to pursue a new challenge.”

Chelsea will search for a successor for Hayes as the season progresses, with her side currently leading the WSL after a 6-0 victory over Aston Villa on Saturday.

“Emma’s contribution to Chelsea cannot be understated,” Chelsea chairman Todd Boehly and co-controlling owner Behdad Eghbali said. “She has been a pioneer in women’s football and is hugely respected within the game. We look forward to continuing to work together over the coming months.”

The United States have already qualified for the Paris Olympics next summer, but it is not yet clear whether Hayes would be appointed for that tournament, or whether an interim manager would take charge, given the short turnaround time from the end of the domestic season.

4 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

And yet, there's communication that states Winstanley and co offered her a new contract that would've made her the highest paid manager in the WSL. 

Think it's just the simple fact of an opportune moment arising with arguably the biggest women's NT job opening up, along with her connection to America herself and making it known in the past she'd like to live and work there in the future. She's been at Chelsea for years obviously, and won virtually everything there is outside of the Champions League (which she may still do this season fingers crossed).

For me it's a complete non story that's trying to be made into something it's not because it generates clicks and further controversy around the club. 

Edited by xceleryx
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think being an executive at Chelsea seems to be based mainly on telling everyone you're an executive at Chelsea. 

How do you go from scouting players at Brighton to being charged with negotiating contract extension with a serial winner. 

Bizarre 🤡