Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I started watching the game against Arsenal, but the BBC commentary is like listening to Arsenal TV. There is no balance, whatsoever. I turned it off.

There were two commentators the one with the BBC voice seemed pro-Arsenal the other was ok.

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Couldn't watch today but sounds like a hammering. Been a bit too loose all season, just rarely up against quality to expose it. I'd expect these two teams to win their home games against each other so not anything to worry too much about, but a chastening all the same.

I have to say Arsenal look  a whole level better than us this season and they were far the better team today. They have a cogent, but dynamic style of play as well as some very good individuals. Our defence has looked shaky all season, with and without Millie Bright, and Sam Kerr looks a bit lost up front. Erin Cuthbert has way too much to do in midfield and Emma Hayes has made some mystifying selection decisions. Apart from today's first defeat of the season (and notwithstanding the bucket loads of goals we have scored recently) we have looked a bit flat compared with last season and it's going to be a big ask to win the 5th in a row in the face of a better team in Arsenal and the competitive Manchester clubs. If anyone can I guess Emma can!

I felt Berger should have been benched at HT.

Cuthbert works hard though is better further forward always felt she was further back to accommodate Fran Kirby.

Notice when crosses came over Sam Kerr often had three defenders around her.

Although we beat City earlier felt again we were out played. 

Lauren James is a great player but she really needs to cut that nonsense out of her game.

That's twice now in high profile games within months when things haven't been going entirely her way that she has stamped on an opponent.

She should be best known for her skills but now she's best known to fans of other clubs as a nasty piece of work. 

Not a good week for the James household. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Chelsea women with a get out of jail free card today at Tottenham. 

Not that I think we are good enough to make it 5 in a row.  Others have caught up. 

Idk, all have lost games you can't afford to lose but us. No one banks on winning at Arsenal or City, all the top WSL sides bank on winning at home and against teams who are in "no win in 6" form. Like last year, we're one for grinding it out. When we drop points against teams our rivals drop points against, I'll worry. 

19 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Bristol City 0-3 Chelsea

1 Chelsea Women 10 21 25
2 Man City Women 10 19 22
3 Arsenal Women 10 14 22

Some goal from LJ. 

When she's good, she's very very  good but when she's bad......

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Proper curse now.

Aggie Beever-Jones might nail that spot in her absence. Macario too if she’s back at 100%.

Can’t help but feel this is a sliding doors moment now for the women’s team. Kerr is 30, an ACL at that age is rough. Emma Hayes leaving.

Big decisions to nail ahead, or others who are catching up, will likely pounce.

• Agree 3

Honestly, I don't think it has been Sam's best season so far, though she's still top of the score charts in all comps. Hopefully, LJ and Aggie will be able to make up the difference.

9 minutes ago, Bison said:

I haven't followed much but hardly anybody mentioning Fishel as an alternative. I'm assuming she has struggled in that case. 

She hasn't looked great so far in her few appearances. But she is young, and Hayes is known for introducing young players very gradually. 

The Kerr injury is gutting, can't help but feel she'll never get goal 100 now. Lot of slack for the other players to pick up if Hayes is going to leave on the high she deserves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

She hasn't looked great so far in her few appearances. But she is young, and Hayes is known for introducing young players very gradually. 

The Kerr injury is gutting, can't help but feel she'll never get goal 100 now. Lot of slack for the other players to pick up if Hayes is going to leave on the high she deserves.

Thanks. 

Some Fishel highlights I saw in the summer looked really good although I'm not sure about the standard of the league where she played.

As for Kerr, I really hope she makes a swift recovery and comes back stronger. One of the best players our club has seen, man or woman. 

• Like 1