Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

image.thumb.png.cd5befe6198af18dd6d5e0190297bec6.png
muppets!

(odd coincidence: my daughter went with an Arsenal mate and sat … in the seat in front of mine in the Shed lower. What are the odds … ?

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Like 1

Ajax 0-2 Chelsea (James, Nusken) It was not an easy start, but Chelsea is in control of the tempo now, drawing out Ajax and then hitting them on the counter. Reiten also had the ball in the net but was given as an offside because Nusken was judged to be interfering with the play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Ended 0-3 in the first leg with another Nusken goal. Second leg, next week The winner of this round meets Barce in the semi-final.

Could have been 6-1 ! A very professional performance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So we get Barcelona. Hmmm. Not an inspiring night last night (Frankie’s β€œgrill” couldn’t get a meal in the table despite having over an hour to do so, so daughter and I had to make do with Β a pasty from the West Lower bar), and the girls knew they had it in the bag, so they didn’t seem to be trying. Crowd were pretty quiet, and it was odd to watch a match with the entire Harding empty. Felt like Covid had come back.Β 

• Like 1

I am avoiding the abomination that is the men's team. Instead, I am looking forward to our women winning a trophy. It's on BBC2, Player and the BBC website.

And it’s affordable to go to the match, too. Β£12 for an OG in the west stand. Great atmosphere, although what sounded like β€œziggerzagger” sung in soprano voices sounds a bit weird …

• Haha 1

Arsenal XI: Zinsberger; Fox, Williamson, Wubben-Moy, McCabe; Little, Pelova; Mead, Maanum, Lacasse; Blackstenius.
Subs: D'Angelo, Williams, Catley, Foord, Russo, Wienroither, Codina, Cooney-Cross, Lia

Β 

James did not have a good game, did some decent things defensively yet offensively was unable to make a difference.

She made wrong decisions and started to take it out on the Arsenal players getting booked,

The players that did have chances lacked composure.

At the risk of sounding biased the ref seemed to let some things go unchallenged when it was fouls against our women,

Arsenal were the better team on the day and fatigue might also have been a factor.Β 

• Agree 1

Blimey, that Emma's got a temper on her, hasn't she? Thing is, had that been the other way around he'd have been headline news. Not what I expect from our women's manager ...Β 

Β 

13 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Blimey, that Emma's got a temper on her, hasn't she? Thing is, had that been the other way around he'd have been headline news. Not what I expect from our women's manager ...Β 

Β 

Apparently that twat went face to face with Erin Cuthbert in an aggressive way in trying to stop her taking a quick throw.

He deserved it.

I've disliked him since the first game against us when he massively over-celebrated a win to the point where even the Arsenal players had to double-take.Β 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2