Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

Wonder if that’s the full 42k, or an allocation. Looking forward to joining family for a rocking atmosphere this pm. Grabbing a burger at Frankie’s after, so wife, son and daughter will have to endure the Villa match on the TVs there…. 

13 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Wonder if that’s the full 42k, or an allocation. Looking forward to joining family for a rocking atmosphere this pm. Grabbing a burger at Frankie’s after, so wife, son and daughter will have to endure the Villa match on the TVs there…. 

Our absolute capacity now is only about 40k not 42k 

It's a total sell out.  40k. 

Excellent. And it looks like the Tube is running - no strikes - so won’t have to drive in and walk back to the car in the rain.  KTBFFH

• Like 2

Aitana, "the best player in the world,"™ Bonmati, waving an imaginary card in the face of the ref. Later, she requests a stretcher because she can't walk off, and when she reaches the touchline, she runs to shake hands with the player coming on. 

Edited by Sciatika
  • Angry 1

On the bus home now from The Cock now having needed a pint to calm down, most unlike me. Bare-faced cheating. Not a foul, never mind a yellow. Ref pointed for a penalty before the shoulder charge was made. Stopped play for every Barca non-head injury. Drop ball for them when the ball hit her, tough luck for us other way round. Pathetic officiating, not even trying to hide it. Hope Barca get fucking smashed up in the final.

• Agree 1

I travelled down for the game yesterday.  The penalty looked suspicious from the MHL and I have to say replays show it was soft to the extreme.  The yellow cards,  especially the second, were an embarrassment. 

Its not quite Ovrebo bad, but it was equally as impactful. Absolutely gutted for the players and Emma who deserved way better.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

You gotta feel for Emma her season seems to be a parallel of Klopp's.

She can still win the league yet the team needs to be on its best level and for a while barring the first leg of Barca we have not been consistently as good as previous seasons.

Think without Ramirez taking up defenders James struggled to make an impact as she was closed down so well.

Back to the WSL tonight at seven. Chelsea away to Liverpool.

Chelsea XI: Hampton, Lawrence, Bright, Carter, Charles, Cuthbert, Nusken, Rytting Kaneryd, Kirby, Beever-Jones, Macario.

Subs: Musovic, Cox, Ingle, Reiten, Perisset, Mjelde, Hamano, Buchanan, Bjorn.

Liverpool XI: Micah, Koivisto, Fisk, Bonner, Clark, Hinds, Nagano, Holland, Hobinger, Enderby, Roman Haug.

Subs: Spencer, Matthews, Bo Kearns, Kiernan, Lawley, Daniels, Chadwick, Leath.

BBC has Chelsea in a 4-3-3, but I think it's a 4-2-3-1 with Nusken and Cuthbert in midfield, Rytting Kaneryd, Kirby, and Beever-Jones in the three and Macario up front. It's good to see Millie back. Given how Erin and Nusken like to get forward, it's a very attacking lineup.

I'm giving up on this. Two ex-Liverpool players, Natasha Dowie and Lindsay Johnson, are co-commentators who refer to Liverpool as "we." It's a small thing but ...