Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

The Norwegian players are keen on scoring goals this weekend, both in men's and women's league πŸ‡§πŸ‡»πŸ‡§πŸ‡»πŸ‡§πŸ‡»πŸ‡§πŸ‡»πŸ‡§πŸ‡»πŸ‡§πŸ‡»πŸ‡§πŸ‡»πŸ‡§πŸ‡»

• Love 1

Exceptional now need to focus on Spurs and see what transpires on the last day.

Another week where the excitement builds as to who is going to deliver, personally think we will come up short yet you have to go for it.

33 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

"This isn't fucking over", leaving Kingsmeadow now with Emma's words ringing. Honestly now think we'll batter Spurs and it'll be a straight shoot out on the last day.

Watched it on Sky. Amazing performance from Charles, Reiten, Aggie and Cuthbert in particular, but also Sophie Ingle and the rest! Guro Reiten has such fire. It's been a brilliant day all round - take a bow Blackstenius! It's back in our hands I'd say, but Man U away is tricky!

A bit of a missed opportunity, winning by just the one. Think City have the edge, if marginal, going into their last game. We look pretty attritional, so a win, never mind a big one, is going to be a big ask against United at Old Trafford.Β 

Why isn't Emma Hayes getting the same if not more coverage than Klopp ahead of her final game at Chelsea? She's won more than he has and she has made a bigger impact on her sport than most people could ever dream of.

Just saying.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Why isn't Emma Hayes getting the same if not more coverage than Klopp ahead of her final game at Chelsea? She's won more than he has and she has made a bigger impact on her sport than most people could ever dream of.

Just saying.

Honest answer?Β  Β  Women's football is not in the same discussion as men's football.Β 

Sorry but it's a fact.Β Β 

• Like 1

It's not the same game for various reasons, especially biological ones. The rules are the same, but the manner of play is different. Women have less pace, are not as physically strong, have less stamina, are less mobile and so on. Put another way, they are not evolved to hunt for prey, to be able to accelerate and turn quickly. However, women are better than men at some things. For instance, while women are not as good at sprints, they are better at the kind of long-distance running in races that take days. Physically, their pelvis is a different shape along with innate differences to the shape of the spine that are needed to carry and give birth to babies. Women tend to take fewer risks than men because of the effects of male hormones on the brain. In the men's case, this creates another evolutionary advantage. The loss of a few men makes little difference to the success of the human community and so risk-taking is an advantage to the collective. Women are often better at being able to deal with pain (again childbirth). A myriad of differences mean that women play the game slightly differently. That doesn't make the women's game less enjoyable, as long as you don't expect them to play the same way the men do. Most importantly, it is competitive because they are all in the same boat. The competition is the most important thing.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

@Sciatika..usual great ,quiet. post.... as you say..recognise the differences and not compare the game as like for like...a trip to the local park will find football being played ..maybe enjoyable to watch but in no way comparable to the EPL and higher levels...and not judged as such.

I don't watch the Female game so much these days but watched quite a bit out here a few years back.....slower of course but as appeared to me a lot of thought and tactical play...slower pace helps of course...mind you..slower pace is compared to the top flight....doubt many lower level players guys grass roots could match the Chelsea girls!

Bit like an average club tennis player trying to keep up with Billie Jean or Martina!!

• Agree 1

I think my biggest issue with the women's game isn't with the players themselves but with the way women's football is covered in the mediaΒ 

You will never hear a commentator or pundit slamming a female player for a poor performance or a poor moment.Β 

Imagine Roy Keane saying "that goalkeeper is shocking" or "that finish was pathetic".Β 

A ball that rolls over the line from 12 yards is "a worldie" even though the keeper fell over on the way to it.Β Β 

My pet peeve is when they compare the women's game to the men's game. One example was when Sky Sports asked, in a poll, whether Steph Houghton was better than Bobby Moore.

This sort of media nonsense just invites negativity around the game and the players don't deserve it.

On today's games, I fear its going to be a shoot out for who scores most against Villa/United and my gut tells me City will hammer Villa whilst we'll draw or get a very narrow win.Β 

• Agree 2