Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

Our last game is against Reading. I could imagine us getting a draw at Arsenal, which would knock them out of the running, and then and beating Reading and finding ourselves on equal points with Man United but winning on goal difference.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Our last game is against Reading. I could imagine us getting a draw at Arsenal, which would knock them out of the running, and then and beating Reading and finding ourselves on equal points with Man United but winning on goal difference.

I must admit that I read the table slightly wrong before posting. I thought Arsenal were 3 points behind US, not United. 

I still think Arsenal will beat us, regardless of their injuries, but that we'll just about get there. 

• Agree 1

This team has excellent resilience - we’ll get there. But the absence of Erickson and Harder will make next year more of a challenge.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ham said:

I must admit that I read the table slightly wrong before posting. I thought Arsenal were 3 points behind US, not United. 

I still think Arsenal will beat us, regardless of their injuries, but that we'll just about get there. 

We'll have to win to win the title imo. And I think we will.

40 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Both leaving (they are a couple) on free transfers 'for a new challenge'.

Of course.  The thing you forget about women's football is that there are other reasons for not being available to play and that a lot of the players are in relationships with teammates or rivals.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Of course.  The thing you forget about women's football is that there are other reasons for not being available to play and that a lot of the players are in relationships with teammates or rivals.  

I note the confused emoji.

My point being, Jane, that this simply doesn't happen in men's football. 

Players take time away from the game to have children.

Players have relationships within the dressing room. 

It's a completely different dynamic.

Two players deciding to leave at the same time and go to the same club elsewhere because they're in a relationship.

• Thanks 1

On 19/05/2023 at 01:56, Ham said:

Two players deciding to leave at the same time and go to the same club elsewhere because they're in a relationship.

and they wonder why womens footbal isnt treated as mens. I am really happy following Chelsea women or watching the euros or WC  but its not the same and cant claim to be

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

HT 2-0 Reiten, Eriksson Chelsea dominating, Arsenal playing on the counterattack have been dangerous, though.

Absolutely brilliant, committed performance from our girls! They have been by far the better team and have certainly dominated in a way I wasn't expecting! 

Just now, RDCW said:

Absolutely brilliant, committed performance from our girls! They have been by far the better team and have certainly dominated in a way I wasn't expecting! 

And Erin Cuthbert, my favourite player, has hardly featured, such has been the possession dominance of the Blues.

Arsenal have come out with some intent for the second half though!

Arsenal had a spell (and a missed pen) but Chelsea came back into it. I thought Chelsea ran out of steam a bit, esp. Lauren James. Not surprising. Some subs helped, especially bringing in Jess Carter at LB and  I always like to see Kadeisha Buchanan back in the side. 

Courtesy of London is Blue Podcast:

Chelsea since losing to Barcelona in the Champions League Semifinal:

🏟️ 6 Games
6 Wins
️ 22 Goals Scored
️ 1 Goal Conceded
🧤 5 Clean Sheets
🏆 1 Trophy Won

Bring on the final day of the season! 💪

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Courtesy of London is Blue Podcast:

Chelsea since losing to Barcelona in the Champions League Semifinal:

🏟️ 6 Games
6 Wins
️ 22 Goals Scored
️ 1 Goal Conceded
🧤 5 Clean Sheets
🏆 1 Trophy Won

Bring on the final day of the season! 💪

So proud of this team and all the players and not forgetting the world class coach at the helm, she is the gem within the whole club these days.

• Agree 4

On 18/05/2023 at 20:28, exiledblue said:

Eriksson and Harder leaving at the end of the season. Whats that all about?

Worst kept secret. Fans have been chanting 'we want you to stay' for months, but it was never going to change anything. It's been their plan pretty much since Pernille arrived. The original feeling was that they would head to Barca next but that doesn't seem to have materialised.

I worry about Mags at Bayern. As a big name arrival she will start the season, but I can't see her retaining her place in the starting XI. Although she has been a regular for us recently, that's really because of defensive injuries. Prior to that she had lost her place in the team and mainly played as a fill in LB, or when another player was out. I can't see that being different in Munich.

On 19/05/2023 at 00:56, Ham said:

Kiera Walsh and Lucy Bronze for a further example.

Edited by CFCW Fan
  • Like 1

On 21/05/2023 at 20:46, ShedMiddle said:

Blatant offside in the build up to the winner

I only saw highlights which featured the last pass, the cross, the knock back and the strike. I didn't see an offside there. Was it in an earlier situation?

Anyone at the Select Car Leasing later? Looks set to be more Blues than Royals in the stadium. Surely this will go right today.

• If we win, we're champions.
  • If we draw, we will probably be champions.
  • If we loose we could still be champions.

Looking forward to one more big day with the girls, and one more big result from them too.

• Like 3