AFC Bournemouth 1 Chelsea 3

JaneB

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Scousers booing national anthem

And a few of our so called ‘fans’ booing Ziyech and Stirling when each of them came on.

Despicable in my book - both the scousers and our own who boo our own players.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, east lower said:

And a few of our so called ‘fans’ booing Ziyech and Stirling when each of them came on.

Despicable in my book - both the scousers and people who boo our players.

Bizarrely both contributed to goals. 
Felix goal was a typical assist from Stirling of running in to the box from the left with the defenders scare to touch him. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Felix goal was a typical assist from Stirling of running in to the box from the left with the defenders scare to touch him. 

Something that imo he hasn’t done enough of this season. It’s probably one of his greatest strengths.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Something that imo he hasn’t done enough of this season. It’s probably one of his greatest strengths.

He was doing it when coached for the first six games this season, then a nobody coach came to the club who managed to regressed and entire football club. 

Edited by ROTG
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Both improved us when they came on, as  the people they replaced had ran their respective races. Stirling in particular looked as bright as I’ve seen him in months. 

My original comment was pointed at those two, because as you say they assisted the goals that won us the game and helped turn what was looking like Bournemouth getting a second goal into a win.

7 minutes ago, east lower said:

Stirling in particular looked as bright as I’ve seen him in months. 

He's probably just realised he's in for a pay cut next season for missing out on Europe. Not the sharpest knife in the box is old Raheem.

I liked Madueke’s performance today. He wasn’t scared to take on players, was confident on the ball and worked hard. His final ball was erratic but he showed a lot of promise and they looked scared anytime he had the ball. Could be some player. Badashiele had a pretty solid game too and even popped up to score. Our scouting department did okay with those two. 

• Like 1

A good result for sure and I don't want to piss on a parade,but even bad teams get good results.

The discipline in the team was awful.Chilwell popped up everywhere when he should have a played as a wingback.

God only knows where Mudryk was supposed to be playing.Havertz was woeful and I hope people see how much better Felix is in comparison.

Unless we get a driving force in midfield and a someone that can score on a regular basis I don't see us improving to the extent expected.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, kev61 said:

A good result for sure and I don't want to piss on a parade,but even bad teams get good results.

The discipline in the team was awful.Chilwell popped up everywhere when he should have a played as a wingback.

God only knows where Mudryk was supposed to be playing.Havertz was woeful and I hope people see how much better Felix is in comparison.

Unless we get a driving force in midfield and a someone that can score on a regular basis I don't see us improving to the extent expected.

I agree the tactics were woeful. Kante was again playing as sort of RF/RW/CAM mix.

But event at 1-1 I saw glimpses of what these players can do and thought that if we get Poch (or any competent manager) in and trim down the squad we’ll be more than OK!

5 hours ago, ROTG said:

Hmm, if you look closely his heavy touch meant he could only just get that to Felix, if the defender was closer/ better he would have taken the ball away from Sterling. 

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Yes how many times did our crosses hit the first player again? Must be some sort of record. 

19 minutes ago, Bones said:

I agree the tactics were woeful. Kante was again playing as sort of RF/RW/CAM mix.

But event at 1-1 I saw glimpses of what these players can do and thought that if we get Poch (or any competent manager) in and trim down the squad we’ll be more than OK!

I'm afraid the problem is even worse than I realised.

I thought we  had James Chilwell,Mount and Kante that could walk into any team in the league.

Now we have Mount, Chilwell and Kante being heavily  criticised  by our own supporters.

What is left is James who has also been criticised  but is injured most of the time.

What are we left with? players that have shown a glimpse  of quality and several duds!.

Good luck Poch you'll need it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

They don't  see themselves as English and detest anyone who supports England at any sport. Very strange then to see how much they love being champions of a country they hate.

As someone that is neutral in the whole affair.I don't think the scousers are anti english.

They are anti monarchists as are two thirds of the young in Britain.

No need to boo of course...disgraceful.

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

As someone that is neutral in the whole affair.I don't think the scousers are anti english.

Have you lived or worked in Liverpool?

Very much a community whose roots come from across the Irish Sea. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, Bison said:

Crazy to think that our best CB only started today because Wesley Fofana was injured. 

Fofana will be ok. He's come to a new team with higher expectations and was injured nearly straight away. I'm hoping he will turn into a des walker type player, but then again I had high hopes of pulisic being at least 50% as good as Hazard, but turned out a much smaller fraction. 

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Have you lived or worked in Liverpool?

Very much a community whose roots come from across the Irish Sea. 

Many yes but not all, most just go along with it. 

13 hours ago, Blue Orca said:

Hmm, if you look closely his heavy touch meant he could only just get that to Felix, if the defender was closer/ better he would have taken the ball away from Sterling. 

To me it looked like the Stirling we paid £45m to city for, who picks up the ball on the left and drives at defenders in the box with the end result of Goal, Penalty for being fouled or passing it across the face of the goal.

Let's put it like this, I doubt whoever takes over the rains is going to show him the door, like him to loathe him, his pedigree in the PL is outstanding

18 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Not the sharpest knife in the box is old Raheem.

I think his bank balance says the opposite, being paid  ~£350k per week at Chitty and Chelsea say he's not a blunt as you might believe

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

To me it looked like the Stirling we paid £45m to city for, who picks up the ball on the left and drives at defenders in the box with the end result of Goal, Penalty for being fouled or passing it across the face of the goal.

Let's put it like this, I doubt whoever takes over the rains is going to show him the door, like him to loathe him, his pedigree in the PL is outstanding

Agree. 

There's obviously a very useful player there, you don't play for the sides have had in recent years without being a capable contributor along the way. It's just a matter of putting him in a position to succeed, something we've really struggled to do with the numerous attacking options we've had over the years. He's got the body of work behind him to showcase he can provide some much needed production.